Liked: 64

Default Prince SR-5 - SOLD

I had been looking for either a motorcycle powered formula car or sports racer to run at hillclimbs and track events here in PA for quite some time. As it happened, I ended up with both this car as well as a GSXR-powered Lola. I don't need 2 bike powered racecars and need to sell one of them. I have no emotional attachment to either of them and will keep whichever one doesn't sell. This Prince had been advertised by its previous owner and we ended up doing a 2-for-1 trade. I wound up with this car and a freed-up space in the shop. The previous owner had it advertised for $16,500, but I have $13,500 in it based on the 2 cars that I traded. I simply want to get out of the car and move on. If it doesn't sell, I will tear it apart over the winter and get ready to put on an all-out assault on the Pennsylvania Hillclimb Association next season.

The Prince SR-5 has been configured for B-Mod autocross / Solo II although originally built and compaigned as a DSR roadrace car. It is an 80" wheelbase car, 60" overall width and is right at minimum weight. Most all the hard work is done. Some details remain, but it is a VERY solid car. Could be a contender in hillclimbs/Solo 1 as well or returned to wheel-to-wheel racing in P2 with little effort.

- 1989 Prince SR5 DSR (one of one) Includes homologation certificate and logbooks to day one.
    - Decker bodywork(a little rough as-is, but with a weekends work it will be fine).
    - 2002 Yamaha YZF R1 w/Power Commander 5 & Auto Tune.
    - Spare low mileage motor(complete) included.
    - New Taylor Racing Torsen type limited slip differential & mount (original spool type diff
    included w/car).
    - Wheels: 3 pc Keiser Kosmo modular wheels, 7” F, 9” R – spare set of steel wheels included.
    - Koni Shocks.
    - New molded plastic “enduro fuel cell” installed by previous owner.
    - New AGM battery this year(needs proper hold-down built).
    - new JSP dual plane carbon fiber wing along with original wing and mount.
    - Includes misc spare suspension pieces along with the usual boxes of "stuff" accumulated over
    the years.

***** Pat Prince tells me he still has all the drawings and can reproduce parts for the car if needed. Car was weighed last year and was at minimum with 200 lb driver and full tank of fuel. Over the winter the engine was lowered and moved to the left and forward. Also, as much wiring and misc components were moved to the left side of the car for better balance (Right Hand drive but with RH shifting as well). I have not had the car back on the scales this year. Needs a nut and bolt once-over and new tires to be back on course.

Link to photobucket album:
    http://s31.photobucket.com/user/w650...?sort=3&page=1

$13,500
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Bill Bonow; 08.20.16 at 4:12 PM.
    Dan Lipperini Jr

www.RaceLabz.com

I still haven't found time in life to even really take a hard look at this car let alone begin working on it.

Reduced price.

$13,000
    Dan Lipperini Jr

www.RaceLabz.com

$12,000

Or

$11,000 w/o the spare R-1 motor.
    Dan Lipperini Jr

www.RaceLabz.com

Default Sold

Sold, please delete.
    Dan Lipperini Jr

www.RaceLabz.com

Liked: 190

Dan,

We don't delete, just mark "SOLD" and leave it.

Thanks and good luck with your next project.
    Bill Bonow
    "Wait, which one is the gas pedal again?"

Liked: 0

Default Prince

Would like to know who owns this car now. May like to purchase it back.

I sold it to a gentleman in NY. I don’t recall his name, but possibly Steve?

Here is a link that a friend sent to me. Maybe with some FB detective work you can find out who currently owns it.

https://www.facebook.com/story.php/?id=100003363123072&story_fbid=5989708137817898
    Dan Lipperini Jr

www.RaceLabz.com

Default Thanks

Wow, thanks !

Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 26

Default Status Update

Steve Hayward purchased the car from Dan. I just had a lunch with him today. Steve sold it to Will Lahee in Indianapolis a few years back and he believes he still has it.

Good Luck,

Craig

Quote Originally Posted by Craig Henry View Post
    Steve Hayward purchased the car from Dan. I just had a lunch with him today. Steve sold it to Will Lahee in Indianapolis a few years back and he believes he still has it.

Good Luck,

Craig
    Thanks Craig !

Will still has the car and he runs it in autocross.

Thread Information