Liked: 280

Default Right Coast Formula F Series

Hi,

The purpose of this post is threefold. First, it is to announce that we have decided to change the name of the series from DUFFUS to the Right Coast Formula F Series. While many of us liked and understood the intent of the "DUFFUS" name; we recognize that it did put some people off so we are making a change.

Second, we are extremely pleased to announce the Mike Rand has joined the braintrust (probably a dubious choice of word) of the Right Coast Formula F Series. Mike has offered to lend his extensive experience and record of accomplishments not only on the track, but in organizing significant Formula F events in an effort to attract more drivers to participate in the series.

Third, is to let you know that we have prepared an extensive list of drivers who have either participated in past events; have expressed an interest in racing with us or that we believe might still have a race car lurking the garage. Mike has prepared a survey to help us determine driver preferences and we have already sent this survey out to the drivers on our list.

If we have missed you it is only because we did not have your contact information. So, if you are interested in the series please send a PM from this post or contact Mike or I directly and we will get your contact information and send you a survey. joemffracer@verizon.net will get you to me.

While the name of the series has changed, the goal of the series remains the same. We are arranging for 4 to 6 special race meetings at circuits that are favorites of the drivers where we can have a FF/CF only race group with significant track time. We are talking with several different race organizers and sanctioning bodies to secure some dates and hope to have a schedule announcement before Christmas.

Thanks,

Joe Marcinski
    1977 Royale RP24 Club Ford
    Last edited by Joe Marcinski; 11.21.15 at 12:17 PM. Reason: adding e-mail address

2. The following 7 users liked this post:

Liked: 2

Default Rand

Great decision Joe !! Best you could have done !

Liked: 126

If someone around here has a really good Kent, I'll put it in my RFR and run as FF.

Liked: 3787

We need to get Rand off the couch. If he can help make this happen (see picture) he can certainly help with an Right Coast Series.

OBTW, I have already picked him to be in charge of the FF50th. Shhhhh don't tell him yet. He is a grumpy old man.

Last edited by Purple Frog; 11.08.16 at 12:23 AM.

6. The following 7 users liked this post:

Liked: 280

Default Rcffs

Hi Mike,

He's not grouchy, he's crusty (its more dignified)....................

Joe M.

Last edited by Purple Frog; 02.28.16 at 9:32 PM.

9. The following 2 users liked this post:

Contributing Member Garey Guzman's Avatar
    Liked: 854

PF wins....
    Garey Guzman
    FF #4 (Former Cal Club member, current Atlanta Region member)
    https://redroadracing.com/ (includes Zink and Citation Registry)
    https://www.thekentlives.com/ (includes information on the FF Kent engine, chassis and history)

Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 492

Garey, yes, the great exalted purple one is indeed a winner !
    No denying that my alter ego twin brother of a different mother is that and more .......

Contributing Member
    Liked: 1

Default DUFFUS name change to Right Coast

I received the survey for which I was pleased to receive. I like DUFFUS. Being a Californian who lives in New York, I never have thought of California as the Left Coast, nor would I think of the East Coast as the Right Coast. I said the new name sends the wrong message. My view is that "North Atlantic," Mid Atlantic," East Coast," are more representative of who we are...and where we are.

Secondly, I do not think Rand is still a grumpy old man. Since his twice repaired knee (similar to twice pulled pork) points forward instead of looking like a wayward eye, he has mellowed. I notice one of you thinks that Mike should organize the FF 50th. You had better "have something" on him or you may find that he is not saying, "I shall return."

VRG has the welcome mat out to DUFFUS FF/CF (1968-1981) as long as they are on one of the three approved bias ply tires: Dunlop, Avon, or Hoosier (to be released in early 2016).

Bill Hollingsworth

Don't worry, I have a whole file of blackmail stuff to leverage the future leadership of the 50th.

You can't be talking about these beautiful knees:

(obtw, nice shirt )

Last edited by Purple Frog; 02.28.16 at 9:32 PM.

Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 492

Yeah well when the photographer has a subject willing to prove his essential DUFFUSness it ain't hard to get shots like this....
    To my knowledge there are none with goats or sheep however.
    Though there was that one time at.....never mind !
    Hey Bill H, being severely left handed myself I assure you, the new name is inoffensive in any way shape or form regardless of ones coastal orientation !

Checking the PC dictionary I think the new name passes. It doesn't say it is the 'correct' coast, just the right coast.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 302

Default Right - Wrong coast

The west coast has been called the Left for year, So then calling the east coast the Right coast only follows that thinking. Which of course leads to now referring to the Left coast as the Wrong coast.

But enough of this, lets get back to the racing, where ever we do it and what ever we call it.

Contributing Member Bernard Bradpiece's Avatar
    Liked: 182

Default Right - Wrong coast

Ed
    No, no, no. Its winter, no racing left. Time to have a row about spec tires or Fits.

As a Brit I thought both Coasts were left and the middle was right - but what do I know!
    Happy Thanksgiving
    BB

18. The following members LIKED this post:

Thread Information