Liked: 27

Default 2016 Schedule Ideas

Rick
    Although it's not definite I know it's high on the probable list of 2016 dates for FST to run Atlanta in the 2016 Hoosier Series. We now have our two cars based out of Nashville as well as Dr Doug Sharp. Your very welcome to check out the FSt's there are make the short drive up here to check our cars out in person anytime. Heck, link it to a musical act that we have and make it a weekend get away!

Bill Gray
    #14 Evolution N B A Chasis
    # 13 Evolution Chasis

Liked: 151

Default Keep info coming

Thanks Jay for the update.

Lets us know how things are progressing. I've heard from the grapevine that some new additions to your group are coming along.

Liked: 118

Don't forget about me down here in Georgia-I'm 45 minutes from Road Atlanta. I plan to hang on 1 more year and see if any FST's show up in the Southeast Division. There are 3 cars in Florida planning to race next year too I think.

Garry

Default Promotion in the SouhEast

Garry
    Dont sell your car yet. We are planning on promoting the FST class heavily in the Tennessee area. With 3 cars here now and the population base just in Metro Nashville we are hopeful we can add more cars. We also are bringing our inventory of conversion parts and motors from Kansas to Nashville this off season.

Liked: 118

Well this is what I've been hoping for. Barber and Roebling Road would be great FST racing also.

Garry

Contributing Member Mike Wright's Avatar
    Liked: 8

Default 2016 Schedule

Not knowing who organizes the U.S. FST Series, is it known when a tentative event schedule for next year would be available?

I realize it's quite early on but does anyone have an idea how many entries you'll see next year?

I'm looking at the series for 2016 and this years' average of 5 cars per race is somewhat of a downturn from the series' previous years. Is this a trend? Comments?

Default 2016

Mike
    I would expect a finalized schedule sometime right after the first of the year. There is discussion going on now with the current participants but I'm sure input from prospective drivers would be very welcome. The best way to get involved is to join the Formula First Drivers Association. We have a members only forum for those discussions. As far as car count in 2016 I truly believe the counts will be increased. It seemed as though 2015 was a year for us where health issues and work schedules, pregnant wives and other outside life issues sidelined some that have said they will return in
    16. I know we will be there with both of our Evolutions.

Thanks for the interest. Feel free to contact me anytime at nuveauautosport@outlook.com

Bill Gray

8. The following members LIKED this post:

Contributing Member Mike Wright's Avatar
    Liked: 8

Default 2016

Thanks Bill. I appreciate your response and because Randy Sams speaks highly of you I consider your views straight forward and insightful. I've been avoiding joining the drivers association as I didn't want to 'clutter up' the organization with membership that might be temporary and therefore a nuisance to your progress. But, I'll join in to better understand how you guys work and provide some event preferences if solicited, within that group. I can wait another month or two to make decisions about venues, cars/rides, etc.

Thanks again for your response.

Liked: 76

Tentative cendiv schedule for 2016 is out. Possible dates for us are;

April 23-24 Blackhawk Farms
    may 28-29 Brainard
    June 11-12 Blackhawk Farms
    AUG 20-21 Road America
    Sep 3-4 Brainard

Will keep posting possible dates as I see other schedules. If anyone has other division schedules Please post.
    butch deer

11. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 7

Mike - speaking as one of those typical regulars who was only able to come out for one weekend last season, I really do believe we will be back to normal (and perhaps more) car count-wise next year. My job kept me from every weekend but M-O but I have a new job and plan to attend all rounds next year. I know others had unforeseen family issues, medical issues, etc. but I think next year shapes up strong. I'm buying a new body and making a couple other improvements as I think this is a great time to "invest" in the series.

You'll find no better bunch to race with...top notch people on and off the track. Come play!

Matt Gordon

13. The following 4 users liked this post:

Default Pleasant surprise today

I had some good news today regarding our 2016 car counts. I had a visit from an FFDA driver from prior years that owns an Evolution. He would like us to go through his car and see what it will take to prep it for the 2016 Hoosier Series. If everything goes as planned that would give us a total of 4 cars running out of the Nashville area.

15. The following 5 users liked this post:

Liked: 151

Default our 2016 Schedule

There is a very nice discussion of the 2016 schedule on our members forum at formula-first.org. Check that out if you are a drivers association member.

Thread Information