Liked: 91

Default Chassis #98-143 Anyone know it?

Looking for info on this chassis. Anyone know anything about it?

#98-143

Thanks!
    -Frank

Liked: 28

Default Chassis

I'm not aware of any logs for Chassis numbers. If you had more information or pictures of the car it might help. It's not a bad idea for someone to create a log though. There are many talented drivers that have come out of FM and some of these chassis might have value down the road if there was a way to document them. I think Moses would be only credible source for such a project but he is super busy. I hope someone proves me wrong and tells you everything there is to know about it though!

Default I asked Moses

He doesn't have a list, and doesn't know my chassis specifically.

Liked: 28

Default Any info at all?

Do you know anything about the car? Previous owner, color scheme? Where it was last raced? Anything at all could help here. What you are looking for is something like "yeah, I know that car! Joe Blow raced that here in SF Region and put it in the wall. The frame was mangled and they straightened. I'd stay away if I were you..."?

Default What I know about the car

Current home is Calabogie Raceway Park in Ottawa.

The car is a 1998 star mazda car built for an F1 driving experience school at Shannonville and hardly driven.

A picture of the previous paint job:

Current image of the car:

That's the info as I have it *RIGHT NOW*.

Liked: 52

Default Logbook or Homologation

Does it have an SCCA Logbook and Homologation Certificate? If it does, you could probably contact SCCA HQ and get some information. Likewise if it's a CASC or other Logbook.

If you can find a contact number on this site or elsewhere for Ron Roland (or if he's lurking), he might also be able to tell you. He was with Valley (manufacturer) at that time.

Quote Originally Posted by LarryWinkelman View Post
    Does it have an SCCA Logbook and Homologation Certificate? If it does, you could probably contact SCCA HQ and get some information. Likewise if it's a CASC or other Logbook.

If you can find a contact number on this site or elsewhere for Ron Roland (or if he's lurking), he might also be able to tell you. He was with Valley (manufacturer) at that time.
    I had to use my 5th level Google-fu, but I found an e-mail address for him, and sent him a link to this thread, and a request for info. I'll ask about the logbooks as well.

Thanks Larry!

Quote Originally Posted by LarryWinkelman View Post
    Likewise if it's a CASC or other Logbook.

BINGO! CASC logbook. I assume contact the CASC, and see what they have to say about it? (Assuming I can get the number from the book?)

Liked: 42

Default Pictures

Both Pictures show that the car needs the Roll Bar Update (to be SCCA legal). The red picture shows the car with non SCCA legal rims.

I do remember talking to the original owner about these cars a number of years back. If I remember right, there were 3 cars. At the time the cars were pristine. But that was a number of years ago.

As far as a data base, We did start one a number of years ago. The problem was getting people to update records when the car was sold, significant damage, engine rebuilds, and so on. The best we can do now is when an owner is looking to sell the car we can print a report a list of all the parts they have bought from us (MSR) so he can provide that to any potential buyers.

For our in house cars, we keep a very detailed log of the cars. The logs include when they were driven, who drove them, how many hours they were driven, set ups, all maintenance and parts replaced...etc. But when we sell the car, we pass that information onto the next owner in hopes that they will continue the process.

If anyone would like a PDF of any of our forms please contact the girls in the office. They can email you copies of everything we use to keep track of our cars. (Post session check lists (yellow sheets), Session sheets (lap times etc), Full prep list, Work orders, Car Logs, Parts replacement logs, Spare parts inventory logs, Set up sheets...)

Moses
    www.formulamazda.com
    moses@mosessmith.com

Default He has 4 cars

3 ex-Russell cars, and THIS Star car.

I'm due to get a bunch of current pictures today.

Thread Information