Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Formula Four

Liked: 444

Quote Originally Posted by problemchild View Post
    This afternoon, at 3 p.m. Eastern Time, President Lisa Noble and COO Eric Prill are making one of the most exciting SCCA Announcements we’ve seen in some time, and I think you’ll agree.

What does the announcement involve? I can’t tell you. Who is with them? Sorry – sworn to secrecy. I can’t answer any questions now, and I’m sure there are plenty of guesses.

Just trust me. Tune in to SCCA.com at 3 p.m., and that’s it. Click the article; click play on the video. You’ll get all of the fun and information then!

We’re looking forward to it, and hope you are, too!

See you at an event,
    Reece White
    Sr. Manager, Marketing & Communications

OMG How will I ever get through the next 6 1/2 hours. We thought the target market was 14 year olds but perhaps its 8 year olds.
    The suspense is killing me. https://youtu.be/zdA__2tKoIU

Contributing Member problemchild's Avatar
    Liked: 4346

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Bamford View Post
    where do you get your special info from? I don't see anything on the SCCA Website nor have I received an email. I guess you are special to even receive this secret news
    I am feeling less special knowing Wren got the email too.

I ignored all the secret phone call requests and followed the standard process of requesting info from the contact listed on the SCCA F4 brochure. A week later, I received the email reply.

While I find the tone of the email insulting in a humorous way, I have no problem with the process. I did not want to buy a car. I just wanted some info.

At this point, we don't know what the announcement is. For all we know, they are the announcing an expansion of their "bracket racing" program or ......(insert joke here).
    Last edited by problemchild; 10.14.15 at 9:43 AM.
    Greg Rice, RICERACEPREP.com
    F1600 Arrive-N-Drive for FRP and SCCA, FC SCCA also. Including Runoffs
    2020 & 2022 F1600 Champion, 2020 SCCA FF Champion, 2021 SCCA FC Champion,
    2016 F2000 Champion, Follow RiceRacePrep on Instagram.

3. The following members LIKED this post:

Contributing Member Steve Bamford's Avatar
    Liked: 619

Why would they not list it on the website? I didn't spend an hour trying to find anything on the site so maybe I missed it. FYI, SCCA website one of the worst websites I have found to navigate.
    Steve Bamford

5. The following members LIKED this post:

Why would they not list it on the website? I didn't spend an hour trying to find anything on the site so maybe I missed it. FYI, SCCA website one of the worst websites I have found to navigate.
    As far as I know, the only way to get the contact info was to go to the Runoffs and physically pick up a brochure. Sam posted the info here in post 20. I could not find it in any of the press releases or on the website.

Liked: 36

Default Formula Four

All SCCA members with an active email address got that email.
    Crossle 32F, Piper DF5 Honda

Liked: 348

Steve,

Check your notifications options on the SCCA website. This email went out this morning.

where do you get your special info from? I don't see anything on the SCCA Website nor have I received an email. I guess you are special to even receive this secret news
    Peter Olivola
    (polivola@gmail.com)

Liked: 348

I doubt it has anything to do with F4. Runoffs, probably.
    Peter Olivola
    (polivola@gmail.com)

Liked: 1432

If they are sworn to secrecy, they should have told everyone else who already let the cat out of the bag about Indy. I don't think this will be about F4.

..... followed the standard process of requesting info from the contact listed on the SCCA F4 brochure. A week later, I received the email reply........ I have no problem with the process.......
    So much for the process.

Since we have all read about the new Runoffs location in the motorsports press ...... I guess we will have to wait a while longer for some F4 info. Sorry for the false alarm.

Considering the "old news" and age of the typical SCCA racer, it does make the email announcement that much funnier.

Liked: 151

I ignored all the secret phone call requests and followed the standard process of requesting info from the contact listed on the SCCA F4 brochure. A week later, I received the email reply.
    It's only been a week? I hope that anyone considering running in the SCCA's series is paying attention to how non-responsive the SCCA is being. Why would anyone trust them to promote anything?
    While I find the tone of the email insulting in a humorous way, I have no problem with the process. I did not want to buy a car. I just wanted some info.
    The email is amazing. Someone actually wrote that email and then thought, "Nailed it!" and hit send to the entire membership. Our membership dollars are actually paying for this.

I assume that the announcement is about the 2017 runoffs as well. Everyone already knows anyways.

13. The following 2 users liked this post:

Liked: 7

Quote Originally Posted by Wren View Post
    I got this email as well. Someone was actually paid to produce this bit of marketing genius.

I assume that Mr. White's resume was just a list of ****ty 1980's infomercials that he wrote for.
    I got this email and I sure as hell ain't special.

Jerry

Liked: 1432

I assume that the announcement is about the 2017 runoffs as well. Everyone already knows anyways.

SHHHHHHHH! Come on Wren, it's super-secret!

Liked: 151

Quote Originally Posted by reidhazelton View Post
    SHHHHHHHH! Come on Wren, it's super-secret!
    Every time that I think that that SCCA's "leadership" couldn't get any more clueless, they surprise me.

I just can't get over this email. Someone really thought it was a good idea.

Every time that I think that that SCCA's "leadership" couldn't get any more clueless, they surprise me.

I just can't get over this email. Someone really thought it was a good idea.
    It is like rooting for a football team that has never won a game. You keep rooting for them to have just one good day. From day to day, you wonder if it is incompetence, disconnect from their customers, corruption, arrogance, or what. It certainly seems to be a leadership issue from the very top. While the future of amateur motorsport in North America rides in the balance, they have decided to extend their expertise to promoting Pro racing ..... while grounding another promoter who actually had cars, engines, schedule, staff, and a professional PR operation.
    Last edited by problemchild; 10.14.15 at 4:00 PM.

Liked: 232

Default "Formula Four +"

FYI - For those who saw "Mobil 1The Grid" this past weekend, (Daytona, etc.) there was an interesting segment on FFour from England - The British sanctioning body are expanding the use of the chassis to (my name, FFour+) More complex wings, front and rear, and a larger motor from Cosworth (no lineage discussed). It tested five seconds faster at Snetterton then the standard FFour

Liked: 106

The BRDC doesn't always align with FIA. it would not be the first time their particular version was unique.

Liked: 106

Default F4 BRDC Cosworth

One of our drivers is currenty testing the BRDC Cosworth F4 at Silverstone

Liked: 232

Default Interested .... Interesting

I am curious, if the BDRC FFour+ "Cosworth" motor is a motor from/similar to the Engines in Formula Palmer

My UNSOLICITED prediction for the 2016 USFF Series schedule .....

Five Race 2016 series ---- w/ TransAm

Homestead
    Road Atlanta
    Mid Ohio
    Watkins Glen
    Road America

Eight Race Series in 2017 ..............

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information