Liked: 18

Default WTB: Lola T332 or T400

Guys,

I am in the immediate market for either a Lola 332 or 400 in excellent track-ready condition. If you have one for sale, or have a lead, please let me know.

Thanks, Ross
    Last edited by the Wizard; 10.01.15 at 4:49 PM. Reason: clarity

Contributing Member
    Liked: 32

Default Lola 324

I have an 'as new' t324 race ready I'd sell. Lots of docs - ex usac and scca.
    Last edited by tonychilton; 08.04.16 at 9:36 AM.

3. The following members LIKED this post:

Contributing Member
    Liked: 113

Default Can Am F5000 cars

I believe the Wiz is looking for a F5000 car or its single seat Can Am configuration of the same chassis Just a guess though.

Tom

Liked: 27

Did you check with Chuck Haines at Can Am Cars ?
    God is my pilot, I'm just the loose nut behind the wheel !

Liked: 11

I would guess that 75% of the world's supply of F5000 cars are now in Australia or New Zealand. That's where I would shop. The Tasman Revival series has been getting 40+ car F5000 grids regularly, and lots of Lola T332's. And Kenny Smith is still winning in a T332 usually. The Au and NZ dollar are down over 30% against the US dollar and they are heading into a deep recession. I thought I wanted a T332 until I saw one have a relatively minor front end hit that left the front suspension totally intact yet the whole 12 inch front section of the tub was bent up and twisted, this included the pedal box. Driver said he pulled he legs back just in time otherwise he would have at least fractured his ankles. That is where the famous "Lola Limp" came from.

7. The following members LIKED this post:

Thanks Tony and Tom....yes I am looking for a F5000.

Pop...I am in dialogue with Chuck. He doesn't have any but has located one in NZ....and I have a 400 that I'm looking at also in NZ as Paddy has suggested why.

New Zealand is a bitch to make the deal, but they do seem to care for their cars better than those I've seen here. Of course that's just from looking at pics of the NZ cars. Tough to wire that much money to a relative stranger and just hope it all works out.

Graham Collins has recently warned me about the minimal front end protection, but I don't think my plan is to drive it all that aggressively....I think....famous last words....lol.

Thanks guys, keep looking, money is burning a hole, Ross

Classifieds Super License Rick Iverson's Avatar
    Liked: 647

Quote Originally Posted by the Wizard View Post
    .....Graham Collins has recently warned me about the minimal front end protection....
    Ross, a head-on shunt into a tire wall usually resulted in "the Lola limp".

This was available a few years back, and I believe it sold for $25k. Take a peek at what Marc Bahner can do, bout half way down the page.

Lastly, email me, as I may have a lead for you.

V/r

Iverson

Contributing Member Earley Motorsports's Avatar
    Liked: 433

Take a trip down there to have a look. It is only $1100 round trip to NZ from LA at the moment on Air NZ. Kiwis are very accommodating and do look after their cars. Watching a F5000 race will make your mind up for you and they do drive them hard.
    Graham

Rick....I had no idea about Marc's shop...and he is about 10 minutes down the freeway from me!

I did see that Redman car. That would be crazy cool, but I'm ready to go to the track. Glad somebody is gonna save it though.

I'll email.

EM.....yeah I have kind of resigned myself to maybe having to take a trip down under soon.

Thanks, Ross

Liked: 141

If you do decide to visit NZ email me and I'll give you a contact who knows many of the NZ F5k people. He also visits the US most years - with or without a car. Derek.

Liked: 0

One Lola T332 for sale here in Australia

http://www.my105.com/ListingDetails/id/15447

Exchange rate certainly in your favour

Derek,

Yes I will. But if I head down there I doubt it would be to shop, but rather with a specific deal in mind, and to just to verify the condition, and deliver payment. But a local contact could be very helpful since he would probably know any car I may already be dealing on. Or could point me to as-yet-unadvertised cars?

Andrew,

I did see this car and asked for more info via the website, maybe 2 days ago. Haven't heard anything back yet.....wish I had a direct email. That car looks pretty nice with good history.

Thanks, Ross

Liked: 17

If you really want a car then $2000 to fly to UK Nz Oz EEC to look at a car is zilch in the scheme of things

The world is a smaller place these days someone knows someone else somewhere in this world so IF the car is genuinely advertised for sale good chance one of us knows the guys sister.

You just need to watch the engines in the Oz Nz cars not all are 5 litres same goes for usa cars
    UK has pukka 5 litres

You also need to allow $3-4 k shipping and check out what the import duty rate is for you to import car to USA

On my way to New Zealand.....

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Iverson View Post
    Take a peek at what Marc Bahner can do, bout half way down the page.

Iverson
    Met Marc in his shop a couple days ago. Wow, those new tubs he's working on are beautiful. And he's a been-there-done-that very informative man. It's nice to know he's around, and so close to me!

Ross

Bought Andy Higgin's Lola T400 HU6 in New Zealand.....the journey begins!

Classifieds Super License Rick Iverson's Avatar
    Liked: 647

Photos, please.

This is my favorite pic of the previous owner in the car, Andy Higgins....I believe he lurks around here...lol.....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by the Wizard; 11.19.15 at 1:27 AM.

21. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 11

Default Lola Limp

I worked for Briggs and Fodge Racing back in the mid-70's. I prepped all of our cars as soon as we got them with additional deformable structure in the toe-box. Not difficult.
    Only got tested slightly at Long Beach; too light a hit to really tell if the additional structure helped; but the corner did come off.
    I know you'll have a blast with that car !!

Thread Information