Liked: 34

Default My personal Runoffs dream is dead but there's still hope

I will be at the Runoffs but won't be racing with you guys.

Twenty two years after my last Runoffs appearance (and epic crash) I decided to try again with a new car. Another few hours in the wind tunnel and new parts had the car looking really good. Daytona is only 90 miles from my shop.

Overall, this year has been really tough for a lot of reasons. We entered 5 events but some very untimely and very unlucky tow vehicle mechanical failures allowed participation in only three. Due to a lot of commitments that's all the time and money I had to put into it.

Since I had enough points and had received a number of participation waivers over the years to keep my license I thought a waiver in this case was doable. Wrong! The SCCA Board of Directors turned me down flat. They say they are refunding the $1400 already spent on Runoff's test days, entry, and paddock fees.

Anyway, like I said we will still be there and rooting on the Silver Bullet guys with any help we can provide. Phil Wang has already locked up the Canadian Championship with his Caracal Silver Bullet. A Runoff's win would be SWEET!

Senior Member Jean-Sebastien Stoezel's Avatar
    Liked: 15

Without an ounce of antagonism I will correct this for you. Make this the regional F1200 championship.

There's several other provinces in Canada where people race FV as well. There's no Canadian championship though. There's an F1200 championship in the Toronto region and at least 2 other regional FV championships.
    As a side note, There's a Silver Bullet Lynx conversion racing in one of the Canadian regional FV championship I compete in.

Regards,
    JS

Quote Originally Posted by aerobullet View Post
    Phil Wang has already locked up the Canadian Championship with his Caracal Silver Bullet.
    Last edited by Jean-Sebastien Stoezel; 09.16.15 at 8:20 PM.
    ----------------------------
    Jean-Sebastien Stoezel
    Western Canada Motorsport Association (WCMA)
    FV #0

Contributing Member
    Liked: 17

That's a drag Allen,
    Well you didn't tear up your car on the banking and you have $1400 head start on the racing budget for next year
    Best of luck.

Liked: 105

Quote Originally Posted by Jean-Sebastien Stoezel View Post
    Without an ounce of antagonism I will correct this for you. Make this the regional F1200 championship.

There's several other provinces in Canada where people race FV as well. There's no Canadian championship though. There's an F1200 championship in the Toronto region and at least 2 other regional FV championships.
    As a side note, There's a Silver Bullet Lynx conversion racing in one of the Canadian regional FV championship I compete in.

Regards,
    JS
    Ontario region....LOL
    Noel Brigido
    Formula 1200 / FTDA

Contributing Member
    Liked: 32

Default Runoffs dream.

This is exactly the kind of nonsense that SCCA pulls that drives people to NASA , ARS etc. While I understand that a novice driver would not recieve a waiver to easily, an experienced person should not have to endure this.

Liked: 95

Default Go figure

It kills me when "our" president of the club says in print "that is the club I want to be in". Really?
    JIM (2006 GLC CFC Champion)

Liked: 72

From the beginning, everyone has had to earn the right to run the Runoffs. In recent times it has become much less difficult to qualify. It has always been the club and BOD's position not to grant waivers to enter the runoffs. Qualifications are clearly spelled out in the GCR for the entire year and there is no legal provision for waivers in the GCR. Allowing folks to enter, who have not met the minimum qualifications, only diminishes the efforts of others who have.

Virtually everyone has issues during the racing season. Blown motors, accidents, busted tow vehicles whatever. Only a case of official error on points or record keeping, could justify a waiver.

In 1984, I sat home after racing 9 weekends and finishing 7th in divisional points. Only the top 6 got to go to Atlanta. I understand Allan's frustrations.
    The above post is for reference only and your results may vary. This post is not intended to reflect the views and opinions of SCCA and should not be considered an analysis or opinion of the rules written in the GCR. thanks, Brian McCarthy, BOD area 9.

8. The following members LIKED this post:

Thread Information