Contributing Member Earley Motorsports's Avatar
    Liked: 432

Default FF Kent Cam Question

Hi all. The cam in my motor (uprated Kent 711 block) has 701M 6250 AA cast on it. I have read the only cam that can be legally used for FF has the markings 771M 6250 BA. I have also read that the 70 on my cam and the 77 on the listed cam are the year of manufacture. Is there a difference between the two cams as far as lift and duration goes? Does anybody know what the AA and BA stand for? Thanks for any help I can get.
    Graham

Liked: 490

Default cam

There are a lot of cams out there that have all kinds of markings on them that are not legal. The only way to know for sure is to do a cam profile yourself, or to send it to a pro engine builder with a cam doctor and have them make sure. It is a time consuming process to build legal engines.
    Roland Johnson
    San Diego, Ca

Liked: 107

and there are more than one cam gear pitches... you want to be sure your cam has the right gear otherwise you will lose oil pump and distributer gear and have lots of metal shavings after a few short hours....
    BT29-24 Swift DB1 Matra M530

Amherst, New York but i left my heart in San Francisco
    Liked: 291

Default hmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by fitfan View Post
    and there are more than one cam gear pitches... you want to be sure your cam has the right gear otherwise you will lose oil pump and distributer gear and have lots of metal shavings after a few short hours....
    that is a new one to me

Thread Information