Liked: 976

Default ATTN: FC Runoffs Competitors - ECU/MAP

Liked: 601

Default FC Runoffs

Maybe they should have also reminded everyone that the "blue-printed" and "machined" motors, use of non-stock Ford fuel injecters and some other items of the pro-series are also, not SCCA legal.
    Keith
    Averill Racing Stuff, Inc.
    www.racing-stuff.com
    248-585-9139

Contributing Member
    Liked: 862

Maybe look at GCR page 307.
    ----------
    In memory of Joe Stimola and Glenn Phillips

4. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 0

Default New Zetec Rules

Quote Originally Posted by kea View Post
    Maybe they should have also reminded everyone that the "blue-printed" and "machined" motors, use of non-stock Ford fuel injecters and some other items of the pro-series are also, not SCCA legal.
    And also competitors should be reminded that even though electric water pumps were legal for Zetecs at the start of the season, (as they had been since the acceptance of the Zetec in FC) they aren't welcome anymore.

Checking page 307 in the GCR, electric water pumps were permissible until the end of May, then not so much. So you could have qualified for the runoffs with an electric water pump on your Zetec, but then be illegal for the event. Surprising how a rule "update" that was intended to legalize certain rebuild practices that were happening with the Zetecs morphed into disallowing electric water pumps.

No, I'm not bitter at all about it.

Francis Kennette
    Last edited by fkennette; 09.14.15 at 4:49 PM. Reason: add comments about legal until June

Liked: 151

Default ATTN: FC Runoffs Competitors - ECU/MAP

How would you like to build a new car, buy the only available, GCR approved ECU (the PE3) and then be told right before the event that you aren't allowed to enter.

I'm so glad we decided to run good events instead of SCCA.

Liked: 1432

Quote Originally Posted by Wren View Post
    How would you like to build a new car, buy the only available, GCR approved ECU (the PE3) and then be told right before the event that you aren't allowed to enter.

I'm so glad we decided to run good events instead of SCCA.
    Out of curiosity, what was the reasoning behind this? SCCA trying to split or stop the crossover from the FRP series?

Liked: 151

Quote Originally Posted by reidhazelton View Post
    Out of curiosity, what was the reasoning behind this? SCCA trying to split or stop the crossover from the FRP series?
    It's related to the map. I don't think they are trying to stop the crossover.

The PE3 is still pretty rare. Off the top of my head, I only know of three cars in the F2KCS that have it. I would be surprised if this actually affects anyone.

FRP does have a map that seems to be working well.

Liked: 976

Both Quicksilver and Elite indicated they have no customers with PE3's that will be attending. Since there is not a crunch the CRB decided it was best to get this right rather than to rush something out that could create an issue.

Thread Information