Liked: 39

Default Ball Joint H Beams

Help please!
    There are a number of new Formula Vees under construction in Australia at the moment.
    However, some parts are becoming hard to get.
    In particular, H beams are in short supply.'
    Is there a source in the US where we could order a number of beams?

Contributing Member
    Liked: 86
    Matt King
    FV19 Citation XTC-41
    CenDiv-Milwaukee
    KEEP THE KINK!

Matt
    Thanks very much!
    We could order 20 of those for over here. Ten cars being built, and ten cars getting wrecked!

Liked: 58

Default Ball joint beam

I would suggest that you google some of the west coast outfits such as CB Performance, SoCal Imports, might even try CIp1.com .
    Somewhat closer and might same a few $$$$.

Many of these places are getting their beams from somewhere( common supplier) and an e-mail might get a quantity discount.

Dietmar
    www.quixoteracing.com

Thank you Dietmar. (a well known name from the past!!!).

Liked: 151

Default "Its a sin to buy retail"

Ray

I am unaware of any shortage of beams in the US. Right now I personally know of 5 spare beams our series participants bring to the track as spares. Over the past few years we have seen German, Brazil and Chinese made products. From my limited perspective the German ones were the best but I haven’t seen many of those recently. The Chinese beams have been pretty good too. The Brazil parts were the worst but they are serviceable. I agree with Dietmar's implication that you really want to work with a wholesaler. My advice is to PM Butch Deer or Jim Schings and get a wholesale recommendation. For example, the wholesale price of a complete cylinder head is 50% less than what we see at the good retail level.

Liked: 50

http://www.iapperformance.com/Axle-Beams/

Contact these guys (IAP). They are a true wholesaler and can give you the best price. You may have to open an account with them.

Someone will be sure to jump in and defend MOFOCO, but after dealing with them off and on for 20 years, I have had nothing but problems with quality, admin, billing, and machine work from them. So, I would not recommend them. They are also located in Wisconsin, so shipping would be more.

If this had been a year or even a few months ago, I could have sent you several beams at a great price. But I have gotten rid of that stock. Let me know if you want some axle to axle link pin beams....

Jim
    Jim
    859-252-2349 or
    859-339-7425
    http://www.sracing.com

Liked: 151

Default opps subject change

Ray

Changing the subject a lot----- congratulations on building the 20 new cars--- I’m assuming they are for new drivers. You guys are doing a lot right. I spent a bit of time discussing the way you run your program and recruit new people with Shane Purvis last year. We can learn a lot from your efforts. What impressed me the most was actual the leadership from CAMS.

Are these new cars for new drivers or are some of them for converts from FV 1200?

Thread Information