Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked: 9

Default 2015 Kentledge Cup

I'd like to echo all the positive comments on the Kentledge Cup. Yep, it rained. A lot! But that just added to the challenge of treads rather than 'real' rain tires. Much thanks to all who participated and especially to Ben Cooper who went to great lengths to make it happen and never wavered in his degree of enthusiasm. To Leigh (of WRD) with his work on the 'Cup' and setting up my silky smooth MK9. To Brion with his beautiful and part time starterless Macon. To Garey G. bogged down in the mud most of the weekend and Russ McB. and his monster Avalanche 4x4 for freeing Garey. Sympathy to Doug Meis who made the supreme effort to run then be caught by the Dunlops and the river at the bottom of the esses in qualifying and still stayed to watch the race and wish everyone safe travels before heading home. And to the entire ARRC staff and soaked corner workers who, without them, this would have never happened. Next year! You bet.

2. The following 2 users liked this post:

Liked: 757

Thanks Chris! In spite of the rain is was good fun. Next time I'll try not to spin quite as much! Thanks too to Doug for making the trip down - sorry it didn't end quite so well. Well done to Brion too in spite of a late start! Final thanks to Lee and Paul Williams for helping me out!

The second running of the Kentledge Cup will be bigger, better and drier!

Ben

Dougs Lola, my Van Diemen and Brions Macon

Liked: 553

All of your cars looked really nice up close. It was a high quality group of cars.
    Racer Russ
    Palm Coast, FL

Thanks Russ, you'll be there next year anyway ; )

Contributing Member Garey Guzman's Avatar
    Liked: 854

Yeah Russ, I think you'd look great in an FF. Or CF. a Z-16 might really be good for you and I know of a good one in middle TN!
    Garey Guzman
    FF #4 (Former Cal Club member, current Atlanta Region member)
    https://redroadracing.com/ (includes Zink and Citation Registry)
    https://www.thekentlives.com/ (includes information on the FF Kent engine, chassis and history)

Liked: 79

I'll be there next year even if I have to "Pull a Cooper" and buy a "mostly" running car!!! Thanks everyone for the support, I hope we can build this into something big over the next few years.
    Williams Racing Developments Inc
    704 658 0940 www.willrace.com

WE HAVE MOVED...... 503 Performance Road, Mooresville, NC, 28115

8. The following 3 users liked this post:

Contributing Member Garey Guzman's Avatar
    Liked: 854

Wasn't your car mostly running once? I thought I saw you running at Buttonwillow once.

Or maybe it wasn't quite running - just a brisk walk?
    Garey Guzman
    FF #4 (Former Cal Club member, current Atlanta Region member)
    https://redroadracing.com/ (includes Zink and Citation Registry)
    https://www.thekentlives.com/ (includes information on the FF Kent engine, chassis and history)

Liked: 553

Quote Originally Posted by WRD View Post
    I'll be there next year even if I have to "Pull a Cooper" and buy a "mostly" running car!!! Thanks everyone for the support, I hope we can build this into something big over the next few years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garey Guzman View Post
    Wasn't your car mostly running once? I thought I saw you running at Buttonwillow once.

Or maybe it wasn't quite running - just a brisk walk?
    I heard the car is fine, they're just looking for a decent driver. :-)

11. The following 2 users liked this post:

Liked: 186

Lola repair update:

I have sourced a replacement RR upright and wishbone. I'll be putting in an order for the new header and tailpipe probably today. The broken bits have been removed and the car is ready and waiting for the new parts and re-assembly.

In the process of taking everything apart, there was one jam nut that was already loose - on the right rear toe link. hmm. It's still my fault and my F-up but that helps explain why it snapped around in a hurry.

Right now, I am fairly confident of making my next event at Roebling Road in December. There are at least three other FFs committed to that event at present. If me and Ben both go, we'll have at least five and there may be others.

Stay tuned!

13. The following 4 users liked this post:

It'll be tight for me to make it. Car is already stripped for winter rebuild!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information