Thread: ARRC 2003

Liked: 8

I'm thinking of returning to the ARRC this year,just wondering if there is a particular tire that needs to be run for it...I know the rules don't call for a particular tire on the ARRC website...just wondering if most will be running a hard tire or....

Contributing Member
    Liked: 0

Joe: Last year, the six or so of us that raced used the Hoosier R60. That was our choice because most of us were from the SEDIV and our spec tire is the R60. I won't speak for the ARRC committee but I don't believe they have a preference on tire compound. Currently the tire rule is open as you stated.

Last year I asked (on this web-site) about changing the tire rule at the ARRC to require a spec-tire. Nothing constructive came from it. My point last year was that the divisions that make up "most" of the eastern half of the U.S. have a spec-tire rule for CF. With an open tire rule at the ARRC, how many of those drivers are going to attend? It's no secret that the spec-tires are slower than the 160's. Would they buy a set of sticky GY's or Hoosiers for this one race? Or would they be willing to race on the spec-tire just for the thrill of driving a neat track like Road Atlanta?

The reality is that the majority of drivers who have attended the ARRC over the years have come from the eastern half of the U.S. But every once in a while there are some others like you, from a land with no tire rule, who have raced. I remember the year that you won on a wet track. It was an impressive drive. So if there were a spec-tire rule, are you still interested?

I have also heard from someone in the NARRC series about coming to the race. He asked the same question about the tire rule. He was in favor of a tire rule at the ARRC but wanted it to include the tires they allow which are the GY 600, Hoosier R60 and the American Racer.

My personal preference would be to have a tire rule at the ARRC. It would include the GY 600, Hoosier R60 and American Racer.

Liked: 8

Yes,I would still be interested,I don't want to showup with sticky tires if no one else would be running them,would prefer to be on comparable tires as everyone else.

Thread Information