Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 492

Default DUFFUS at Pitt in October

OK folk, the runoffs will be well over, the NARRC Runoffs in the rear view mirror as well, hows about joining the DUFFUS finale and supporting Joe Marcinskis and partners efforts with a good field October 16-18 on the Pitt Race full course ?
    Joe et al have stuck their necks out and all for zero reward aside from the joy of single class racing.
    Having a bit of experience in organizing race events and series I well understand the time they have invested, let's join in in numbers to make them glad they started the whole thing.
    Yes, I have run but one DUFFUS event, Summit Point early August, but all being well post NARRCOFFS at LRP Oct 2-3 will be at Pitt in support and hope together we can show up with a good 20 or more FF and CF cars and drivers.
    This is an unpaid testimonial, Joe is a great guy, Dave and Phil as well, come on FF/CF community, your season will be winding down so finish with a flourish mid October in Western PA.

2. The following 2 users liked this post:

Liked: 127

Like Mike, as long as the car is in good health after the NARRC Runoffs at Lime Rock first weekend in October, I will be there!

Let's support all the effort the DUFFUS gang has set forth with a solid 20+ car turnout at this event so we can hope to have it back again next year.
    Will Velkoff
    Van Diemen RF00 / Honda FF

Liked: 157

Default +1

with the same "If the car doesn't ... at the NARCOFFS" statement

Liked: 280

Default DUFFUS at PittRace in October

Thank you for the very kind words Mike,

The final DUFFUS race of 2016 is going to take place on October 16, 17 & 18 at Pittsburgh International Raceway. We will be there in support of Formula Race Promotions and NARRA. This is a pro weekend with the finale's of the F1600, F2000 & FAtlantic race series being conducted. The races will be conducted on the newly opened PittRace long course.

We will be on track twice each day. There will be two practice sessions on Friday; a qualifying session on Saturday morning and race 1 of the weekend on Saturday afternoon. Races 2 & 3 will be on Sunday.

Registration will be on MotorsportReg.com and will be opened at the end of September. The entry fee will be $500. We will follow our usual procedure of awarding "kill stickers" to the podium finishers in each class for each race. The special DUFFUS horse's hindquarters trophies will be awarded to the podium finishers of the final race of the weekend on Sunday afternoon.

We welcome all FF & CF drivers, SCCA, FRCCA, Vintage, etc.

At this moment I have no information regarding the availability of testing on Thursday, October 15th, but I will pursue this and get back to you.

Please join us as we are hoping this race will have our largest turnout ever.

Thanks,

Joe M.
    Last edited by Joe Marcinski; 08.18.15 at 10:37 AM. Reason: spelling

6. The following members LIKED this post:

sal

Contributing Member
    Liked: 302

Default Plan on coming

I hate the 9 hour tow but plan on being there.

Ed Callo

Liked: 6

Default I'm looking forward to it

I am planning on attending and I'm really looking forward to meeting some new faces. I hope there's lots of people thinking like me and looking forward to a single class race weekend - just because I raced F5 before FF, that doesn't mean I like racing with them in the FF. Learning a new track is always fun - I also look forward to the new longer circuit.

Come on out! The more the merrier!

Liked: 280

Default DUFFUS at Pitt in October

Hi,

Registration for DUFFUS #4 at Pittsburgh International Race Complex will be open on Sunday, September 14 on MotorsportReg.com. Please come and join us for the final race of our 2015 season.

I will post a fresh thread on the opening of registration on Sunday.

Thanks,

Joe M.

Thread Information