Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Classifieds Super License HayesCages's Avatar
    Liked: 180

Quote Originally Posted by RSS View Post

I don't even want to know what tires cost now with the CDN dollar where it is.
    Cheap: C$1662.86
    Lawrence Hayes
    Hayes Cages, LLC
    Sagle, ID.

Liked: 18

Also don't forget we run in 2 other governing bodies other than ICSCC (WCMA/SCCBC) and the rules might be slightly different in each. For our local race (WCMA) we can always make a request to have the supp regs changed for that weekend over to the NWFC rules.

Currently WCMA specs 1190 min weight for FC. Not sure FC is considered a full active class with SCCBC?

I don't even want to know what tires cost now with the CDN dollar where it is.
    SCCBC does not consider FC as a class, they used to, but now drivers are dropped into the catch-all Formula Libre class... Which was almost entirely made up of continentals
    Robbie Arthur FV #67

Liked: 145

Wow, lots of confusion here.

1. Weights

In an effort to achieve tighter fields at NWFC events our minimum weights are based on power plant and age.

To allow for this a rule change was necessary for ICSCC sanctioned events. Prior to the rule change all FC's had 1200 as a minimum weight, which is the SCCA minimum weight.

For NWFC events the minimum weight for zetec cars will be 1240 which is greater than the minimum weight for FC in all the sanctioning bodies we run in so there is no reason to change any rules.

For NWFC events 1990 and newer pinto cars will have a minimum weight of 1190, which is now in line with the rules in every sanctioning body we run in.

Finally for NWFC events pre 1990 cars will have a minimum weight of 1175, which is in line with ICSCC and CACC (FL) rules. For WCMA we will need to request that this be in the sups otherwise the default will be 1190

2. Spec tires

It is correct no one used more than 2 new sets of tires over our 5 weekend season (13 races), but I did start with some low time tires from the Run Offs. I figure I would have used 3 sets to run all 13 races if this were not the case.

For 2016 it looks like we will have a four weekend schedule with 10 or 11 races, so doable with 2 sets of tires but just.

Currently no one is showing up with new tires every race, or with soft compound tires. Those of us that are tire rich are getting 8 to 12 cycles per set.

It is pretty much agreed that even if you can afford more sets of tires or softer compounds you show some restraint and if you don't everyone will let you know you are being a dckhead

5. The following 5 users liked this post:

Liked: 131

Thanks Greg.

Can you specify for us new guys which compounds make you a dxckhead and which are the ones y'all are running? I'm assuming R35A is OK, but is it A11 or A24?

7. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 442

A11 = R35 compound ish

Liked: 13

There was a well known and respected open wheel racer at the last ICSCC race at the Ridge running a F1000 with a set of prototype "American Racer" slicks.
    It would be interesting to find out the outcome and American Racers plans for production if any. I have no idea if F1000 run's the same size tire as an FC car

Dane

Lol Pat, anyone who shows up with the one or two session super soft stuff requiring a couple sets a weekend will personally get the award from me.

Everyone is running the A11 and r35's that are fine and getting say 8 to twelve cycles and 200 plus miles per set.

Don't know about the American racers, but I heard that they get fewer heat cycles before they go off than the ones being made a few years ago maybe someone should try a set....anyone know how to get them

Liked: 14

I believe South Sound Speedway carries the American Racers in Washington. I can check and see if they carry our sizes.

OK, Here is what I have found out on the American Racer Tires. They are carried by Race car Supply in Rochester WA. He says he usually puts in an order for tires 4 times a year and tries to order enough so he gets free freight and will order 4 sets of the each of tires he stocks. So what he stocks is the 20.0 x 6.0-13S and the 22.0 x 7.5 -13S for formula fords. The American Racer web site lists other sizes but he said it is not accurate. So the price of the fronts is $90.00 each and the rears are $105.00 each.

I am not sure how these compare to Avons or Hoosiers but I have run the tire on a GT2 Nissan and they are decent tires.

I'm interested in the American Racers too. I emailed American Racer directly for clarification if they offer FC sizes or not. I'll let you guys know if I hear anything back.

Liked: 120

Thanks for checking out the tire situation Scott and pat.

Dane, the tires from the f1000 last year at the ridge were FC sized if I remember correctly.

If people want to try them out I believe they will be placing an order around the first of Feb. but if we don't let him know we want some sets he will only be bringing in 4 sets until the next order time otherwise we will have to pay freight and they will drop ship them to your house.

I heard a rumor they are set up to make what you want

Minimum # for an order =?
    Lawrence Hayes
    Hayes Cages, LLC
    Sagle, ID.

If you are talking about ordering through Race Car supply you could tell him you want 1 or 2 sets and he would add it to his order so there really is no minimum if you can go with his stock order.

Quote Originally Posted by gcoffin View Post
    I heard a rumor they are set up to make what you want
    Regarding this^^^ One would think there would have to be a minimum order to tool up a production run.
    Lawrence Hayes
    Hayes Cages, LLC
    Sagle, ID.

Liked: 91

If you find non-Hoosier 13" slick prices listed online, PLEASE provide links! I'm trying to establish a directory of where to get what tires for my FM, and I need 13s just like you guys. Only slightly wider.

So, any help appreciated!

Contributing Member
    Liked: 113

Default America Racers

I ran American Racer tires all last season on my DB3. They seemed to work fine but this is the only tire I have ever run on a FC, I will be ordering another set or two for 2016.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Do we have any idea of if these american racers produce similar lap times to the avons or Hoosiers? I'm only asking out of curiosity. Thanks guys.

Here is what I got back from them:

Hi Pat,
    We are currently working on developing tires for the FC class. I am expecting to have tires ready for testing in approximately two months. I will keep you and your group in mind when we have tires available. Thanks for reaching out to us.

Thanks,
    Tyler Alexander
    Sports Car Sales
    Race Tires America, INC.

Side note, you guys that say you are running them now, are you just running FF sizes? Seems like you would lose some grip on the narrower tires...

Couple of seconds slower I have heard. So It comes down to how long they last.

25 heat cycles will get you thru a season of NWFC

Liked: 5

Default American Racer Tires

Ken Muth in the Snohomish area is also a dealer for American Racer tires. They put some on Jimmie's FB car and did some testing at Pacific. 425 971 4251

Liked: 91

Quote Originally Posted by Racerex1 View Post
    Ken Muth in the Snohomish area is also a dealer for American Racer tires. They put some on Jimmie's FB car and did some testing at Pacific. 425 971 4251
    Ultramotive Upholstery?

I love it that some of these tire dealers don't even have a simple website for their company. And the guy that has the Pirelli tires has an aol.com e-mail address.

So, you guys think that Y2K bug will be a big deal?

Ken Muth is just a small business owner that does a lot of things to help racers from building and restoring race cars of all types and even upholsters boats and cars to make a living.

He did a lot of work with American racer testing their GT2 size tire when Goodyear left everyone high and dry with no tires a few years ago. I had run their tires originally and they were ok but they had a soft side wall and would make a set in the middle of the turn that you had to get used to but with the newer version they increased the side wall and the tire was way better than the original.

If they do the same with this FC tire then it is possible it could be faster than what is out there now and closer to the Avons at a much better price.

28. The following members LIKED this post:

I just got a call from Tyler; it sounds to me like they will have tires ready for this season and they are really interested in supplying us some. They also would be interested in working with us on the spec tire front as well if we decided to go that route. I passed his number along to see if one of you NWFC official guys wants to give him a call.

He says one the tires are released they will be available from all the dealers, including Race Car Supply and Ken Muth.

I will for sure be testing a set in the spring, and will let you guys know my impressions when I do!

30. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 139

Quote Originally Posted by Racerex1 View Post
    We ran 8 and 10 inch rims that weekend. Not much learned about tires with the variable weather and other issues with car. Tires were,
    20x8x13s tread width 8 in 9.25 overall width, 20.75 tall and 65.75 circumference.
    22x9.8x13 tread width 9.8 overall 11.5, 22.50 tall and 72.0 circ.
    OOPs these are the ones we had at the Ridge. The Pacific ones were different and had very soft side walls.

Liked: 30

Any work towards a NWFC schedule for 2017 yet?

I'm considering the trek to http://www.svra.com/events/2017-open...rld-challenge/
    and wondered about potential conflict of schedule. Probably too early, as Conference hasn't released a schedule yet.

Any NWFC guys crazy enough to go to Indy?

Russ

I've been thinking about Indy for the runoffs

Default Runoffs at Indy

I'm interested in Indy as well.. and I've been called worse things then crazy
    Dane

35. The following members LIKED this post:

I just don't know how you guys are going to pull off the whole time travel thing though?

(This is the 2015 thread)

New username: Rod Serling
    Lawrence Hayes
    Hayes Cages, LLC
    Sagle, ID.

I just don't know how you guys are going to pull off the whole time travel thing though?

(This is the 2015 thread)
    It's Russ' fault. He re-started this thread.

39. The following 2 users liked this post:

Here's another I'd like to make "my fault"!

Let's get the Ridge into our schedule in Sept this year!

Flame suit on........

ICSCC Tentative Schedule:
    April 22/23 Enduro / Drivers Training IRDC The Ridge
    May 5-7 Race 1 (rotn 5) CSCC PIR
    May 19-21 Race 2 (rotn 6) IRDC PR
    June 2-4 Race 3 (rotn 1) CSCC PIR
    June 23-25 Race 4-6 (rotn 2-4) NWMS SCR
    July 21-23 Race 7 (rotn 5) IRDC PR
    August 5/6 Race 8-9 (rotn 6-1) TC ORP
    August 18-20 Race 10 (rotn 2) CSCC PIR
    Sept 2-4 Race 11-13 (rotn 3-5) SCCBC Mission
    September 9/10 Drivers Training CSCC PIR
    September 15-17 Race 14 (rotn 6) IRDC The Ridge
    October 14 Enduro CSCC PIR
    * Event not sanctioned by ICSCC

Ridge, yes, bring suntan lotion or survival gear for the rain.
    Lawrence Hayes
    Hayes Cages, LLC
    Sagle, ID.

Ridge Sept 15-17 that is pretty much guaranteed water wings and life jackets time isn't it.

I've run that race a couple of times and it was always dry.

Russ

2013: Sunny Friday. Rained continuously from Friday evening until we left Sunday afternoon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edQVCXRdJPY
    Last edited by HayesCages; 02.01.17 at 9:41 AM.
    Lawrence Hayes
    Hayes Cages, LLC
    Sagle, ID.

Liked: 139

What would the weight be for a Zetec powered carbon tub ex Atlantic car be? Flat bottom, FC size wings, on 8 + 10 wheels?

Whatever you would like it to be?

Sadly we are having enough trouble getting the MZR car sorted for our series between the 3 different governing bodies we run so we won't be classifying any non FC cars for our series in 2017. But you are more than welcome to come join us on track as the more the merrier.

Roger

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information