Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked: 210

This is a beautiful race car at a very, very good price. PLEASE somebody buy it before a lose all faith in the racing community.
    CREW for Jeff 89 Reynard or Flag & Comm.

2. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 0

Default Still for sale?

I'm in San Francisco. Is the car still available?

Neal

Liked: 942

Hello Neal,

Yes, car is available. I'm prepping it for Sonoma Historics next weekend. I'm home all day today and tomorrow if you want to come look at it.

Will msg you my phone number.

Dan
    Last edited by DanW; 05.29.16 at 3:47 PM.
    “Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty.” -Peter Egan

Default First of Summer Shameless Bump

Tom Duncan and I ran the SVRA Sonoma Historics event a few weeks ago at Sears Point. (That's the vintage name for what is now Sonoma Raceway). We had an outstanding time, good racing up and down the grid. SVRA treated us like kings (Drivers Lounge from 10 to 4 with soft drinks and light snacks, Ladies Tea Room in one of the main grandstand hospitality suites!) I think I gave out more than 50 trading cards to little kids and let them climb in to get their pic taken by mom or dad. Since CF's are new to Vintage here, raising some eyebrows from the Old Guard, our paddock was decorated with pink plastic flamingos. First time I have raced with spectators in the stands. Duncan was all smiles when he came back into the paddock after Sunday's race.

We had a blast racing with 30 other FFs and some FBs thrown in. The Zink ran really well til it developed a slight miss at redine during Friday qualifying. A new bosch coil resolved the issue in 15 minutes. The rest of the weekend required only fuel, air in the tires, downloading the camera, and torque to the wheel nuts.

Summer is underway and you're missing out on the fun. CSRG has invited the Club Fords to the October end of season party at Thunderhill. As the CSRG chairman advises, "...we throw a weekend party at the track and sometimes a race breaks out!"

New Price - $8900 OBO

Regards,
    Dan Wise
    “Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty.” -Peter Egan

6. The following 3 users liked this post:

Contributing Member
    Liked: 32

Default Zink FF

Talked to Dan at Sears Point Vintage weekend. I am 6'4" @240 and I fit the car as set up for Dan! ( Dan is a touch shorter than I) This car should fit anyone! Solid, safe FF and Dan is a stand up Guy .

Larry Bacon
    SF region SCCA
    '

8. The following members LIKED this post:

Default Sale Pending

Funds received from buyer. Shipped car yesterday.
    Last edited by DanW; 07.26.16 at 1:59 AM.

10. The following members LIKED this post:

Amherst, New York but i left my heart in San Francisco
    Liked: 291

what next ???

Quote Originally Posted by provamo View Post
    what next ???
    I bought Denny Renfrow's Crossle 25 last year. We freshened the motor and have been running SCCA Club Ford. I plan to run it with SVRA at Cornonado in Sept. I hope to get it accepted with CSRG eventually, but some of the "development" from the last 40 years will have to be "undeveloped"....

Glad to hear you have found yourself a car!

Dan

Liked: 18

Congratulations! And glad I got to drive it before it went away! I can't say thank you enough for that one.

-Ben

14. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 1112

Somebody got a smokin' deal.
    Caldwell D9B - Sold
    Crossle' 30/32/45 Mongrel - Sold
    RF94 Monoshock - here goes nothin'

16. The following 2 users liked this post:

Liked: 115

Default Email me, Dan

Dan - I don't have your email address. Please send. I know, I know. No business even thinking about this. John

Quote Originally Posted by DanW View Post
    Reduced Price: $9,500.00

This is a solid Club Ford, Vintage Club Ford, or possibly an auto-X car. Car meets all requirements of Monoposto CFF rules other than tires. Car can accommodate a very large driver. One of the earlier drivers was 6'3". More photos on request.

The facts:
    Original steel body Bilstein shocks, refurbished by Bilstein. Reinforced front rockers. Stiffer springs all round. Alignment by Cypress Lane Racing. Steve Lathrop's excel setup spreadsheet file included.

New Fuel Safe cell in 2008, SafeCraft firebottle new in 2008. OMP belts good to 2017.

Loyning motor, freshened in Feb. 2014, 5 weekends on engine. SCAT steel crank and CP pistons. Dyno sheet and invoice available. Hewland rebuilt by Porter with a new case, new ring and pinion in 2008. Includes two spare gearsets, and a spare dog-ring.

4 sets of wheels, including 1 set Sterling mags, two sets of Revolutions mounted with American Racers, one set of Goodyear rains mounted on steel wheels.

All Zink specific spares included. Rear upright, extra rear sway bar, and several front blade sway bars of various diameters, anti-ackerman kit. Repairable spare nose, professionally made nose mold included. Spare engine cover. Two spare motorcraft distributors. Radiators were recored with high efficiency rad cores when the car was rebuilt. Runs 190F in 100+degree heat.

Car has been very reliable while driven by an old, slow, fat wanker with no talent. All that it needs is a transponder, air in the tires, gas in the cell.

Have log books back to new, April 1974. We are fairly certain this is the third Z-10 built. It was built from a kit by R.B. Haines along with Rollin Butler of Cricket Farm Motors.
    James Brookshire took it to the Runoffs in 1978.

Tump Clements bought it from Brookshire, raced it for a season and then built a new chassis for it. It passed through several owners until the car was last raced in Oklahoma until 1992.

Car sat for 12 years when I bought it on ApexSpeed from Steve Alpers in Lakewood, WA, stripped it to the frame and rebuilt it over several years on the “easy payment plan”. Barry Calouette widened the chassis and shoulder tubes so I have plenty of room. Belly pan is steel, welded to the chassis.

The down side? It’s heavy, weighing about 990lbs with fluids, so it meets the monoposto rules. Car is located in Northern California, near San Francisco. Please contact me via PM or email.

Regards,
    Dan Wise

Quote Originally Posted by jgaither View Post
    Dan - I don't have your email address. Please send. I know, I know. No business even thinking about this. John
    Hello John,

As always, glad to hear from you.
    I sent you an email to your zinkracer address.

Regards,
    Dan

19. The following 2 users liked this post:

Liked: 115

Default Z10s

As James well knows, I shared a lot of laps with this car in my own Z10. Great days of FF racing. 50 car fields at nationals were common. Dan seems to have done a great job with this car. I have significant history with Mr. Younge as well - especially at the Road Atlanta bridge.

Quote Originally Posted by Agitator View Post
    A little clarification about the history...if my memory is correct: My dad bought the car at the end of '77 from RB Haynes. It won the SARRC Championships in '78 (just ahead of a VERY fast youngster named Jackson Yonge, who would go on to win the '84 Runoffs in a Reynard that he drove like a dirt track car!) The car went to the Runoffs in '79, where I think we blew an engine. Sold it to Tump in '81, I believe.

I'm actually at my parents' house for a few days right now. I'll look into some old files and see if I can find any more info for a potential buyer about the early years of this car. It was always one of my favorite Zinks. Good to hear it is still on the track!

James Brookshire IV

Contributing Member triumph_tech's Avatar
    Liked: 8

Quote Originally Posted by DanW View Post
    Hello Troy,
    It's certainly been interesting to have it up for sale on ApexSpeed with a wide range of interest including two who said they would buy it. Then, crickets....

Dan
    I think the crickets moved to Pennsylvania.
    Gary Valone #44
    Zink Z10-C

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information