Liked: 8

Default Spinning race...

Hello all,

Digging into the Crossle 32 I noticed that some of the wheel beraring races are spinning in the hubs. Wondering if there was a recommended fix... Are there oversize races available (skim cut hub and press in new), replace the complete hub or the heck with it and just stake the sucker in place?? (just kidding about staking in place)

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Dino

Liked: 96

Default loctite

If the clearance is less than about .005, 680 or 601 loctite will work very well. Other fix is to bore out and fit steel sleeve. Staking may tighten it up at assembly, but it will loosen up immediately.
    I have had good luck with both ways. Just my $0.02.

john f

Liked: 8

Quote Originally Posted by john f View Post
    If the clearance is less than about .005, 680 or 601 loctite will work very well. Other fix is to bore out and fit steel sleeve. Staking may tighten it up at assembly, but it will loosen up immediately.
    I have had good luck with both ways. Just my $0.02.

john f
    Hi John, I'm going to pop the sleeve out and take some measurements. I've heard about the loctite but never tried it myself. Hopefully, it'll be that simple, if not a quick turn on the lathe and we'll be back in business.

Thanks for the reply.
    Dino

Thread Information