Thread: Insurance

Liked: 11

Default Insurance

As I wait for the rest of what I need to plate the trailer and rewire it I was curious. Other then basic insurance on the trailer what do you carry on the FV? Theft, fire, vandalism? What is your montly cost for it do you have a basic agreed upon value?

Liked: 146

I know that I'm reporting from another country, but I have my Formula Ford insured for Fire, theft, damage and liability for $25,000, premium $350 pa including race cover. Trailer costs $450 per year. No, I cant work it out either, and I worked in the insurance business for most of my working life.

Amherst, New York but i left my heart in San Francisco
    Liked: 292

"hull insurance " used to be available for Indy type cars at about 3% of the "replacement value" per event.......i think Steve Chassey was involved in this

Liked: 25

Hagerty will insure a racer car for everything except being on the track, that covers tools and parts as well. It is an agreed value process and they really only want cars in the 20K or higher range. A 25K car will cost less that $250 for a year. They will want photos and data on the car before they will agree to insure.

Quote Originally Posted by G.Rossman View Post
    As I wait for the rest of what I need to plate the trailer and rewire it I was curious. Other then basic insurance on the trailer what do you carry on the FV? Theft, fire, vandalism? What is your montly cost for it do you have a basic agreed upon value?
    Sam
    Acer-MK2 FST #56
    Acer-J FST #47
    Hawke DL8 FSV

Liked: 115

Default Insurance

I have Hagerty and there was no mention of the $20,000 range. I have a few vehicles and the trailer insured with Hagerty and they're great. A young girl pulled out and her front bumper went from front to back on the side of the trailer, creased the aluminum and dented the fender. Hagerty had an appraiser there within two days and I had a check for the damages in less than a week. Three weeks later the girls insurance called me asking for information about the accident... can't say enough about Hagerty

Liked: 72

If you are concerned about towing liability, your car insurance will cover it. If you have enough money in the trailer to need comp and collision, your carrier will accommodate you as well. I've heard good things about Hagerty and K&K for the race cars since they are not covered by the auto stuff. Car coverage in the garage is available as well.
    The above post is for reference only and your results may vary. This post is not intended to reflect the views and opinions of SCCA and should not be considered an analysis or opinion of the rules written in the GCR. thanks, Brian McCarthy, BOD area 9.

Thread Information