Liked: 18

Default Where to buy Cosworth paper fuel filters???

Ideas?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	187 
Size:	81.7 KB 
ID:	54201  

Another pic...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	216 
Size:	90.3 KB 
ID:	54202  

Liked: 141

Kinsler ? Or use dimensions and a NAPA filter real printed on paper cross reference book.

Liked: 1879

What does the actual filter look like and what are its dimensions?

I have some MANN filters upstairs ( #H 804t ) that are left over form the March days, but have no idea what they were originally used for.

Just under 2.75 diameter and 5.25 long ( without the cork end gaskets).

2" in diameter and 3 3/8" long....open on one end, small hole that matches up with a little spring on the other.

You might compare it to a Napa 3271,10 micron, fits lots of street stuff.

Napa 3271 is coming up a fuel filter gasket for me, but I get the idea........the 2" dimension isn't critical, only the 3 3/8" is, and even that could be fixed with some gaskets.....

3271 is 3.400 not 3.375 one end open other end closed. Comes with a gasket of some sort.

Ahhh ok, now it comes up right. That one is 2 3/4" in diameter though, I need closer to 2". I did find 3507 based on your idea and that looks to be almost right on. And the paper element that came out looks just like this one rather than the one with a metal sleeve. So that one is bigger and more metal and is $4.....the full paper one is like $14? Not that that's an issue, just weird.

I'll go check it out tomorrow. I thought this might be some trick Cosworth part, NAPA would be much better...lol.

Ross - this may be a bum lead but for what it is worth my Buick V6 has Cosworth pumps same as or similar to a DFV. The paper filter is two smaller filters joined end to end by a very slim aluminum piece. May or may not be like yours. I'm at the track right now but do have two spares with me - will check tomorrow and advise dimensions. I found replacements in Scotland from a vintage military enthusiast! Bought a box full! Derek

Wow, that's interesting.....I'll stay tuned.....let's at least see if the dimensions match.

3507 was close, but no cigar. It didn't have the small ID hole on one end, but I assumed I could drill this one. But when I got home with them I realized the larger ID hole wasn't quite large enough for the raised flair insert on the cap....and it can't be enlarged. Crap.

The filters I have with me here at the track are fuel filters. I will check the oil filters when I get home early next week. Derek

Yes, it is fuel filters I'm talking about....

Liked: 947

Have you considered talking to the guys in Torrance?

Cosworth Torrance

3031 Fujita Street
    Torrance
    CA 90505
    United States
    T +1 310 534-1390
    F +1 310 534-2631
    “Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty.” -Peter Egan

I guess I knew there some Cosworth related activity in Torrance, but I don't have a good sense of how they might serve me. I think I sent them an email a while back, and they directed me to some guy in England that used to work for Cosworth and now has original drawings for all the parts. But, I think you're right I'll call them a call.

Quote Originally Posted by the Wizard View Post
    Yes, it is fuel filters I'm talking about....
    Aaarght! - sorry for my dumb mistake - I use a modern (Aeromotive) fuel filter so I'm no direct help. However there are lots of such modern filter housings and related filter elements - there will surely be some with elements 3 3/8" long - or slightly shorter and just make up a small spacer to use inside your housing.

Pic of my type attached to give you an idea:

I looked and looked at all the common places, such as Pep Boys, Autozone, Napa, etc, for something that would just happen to fit. Spent two or three hours on the web looking....came very close but no cigar. Then I remembered having emailed with a gentlemen from Cosworth in England some time back while doing my "due diligence". Turns out not only did he have them, but also the o-ring that broke. And, the closet one here from Napa that I tried was $18 and Cosworth got me a few all the way from England for $12 each. Solved...end of story.

Liked: 23

Default Part #

Wondering if you got a part # for the filter and O-ring for the Cosworth fuel filter.

Yes I did, do you need it?

Liked: 23

Default Filter

Yes, if you can it would be a help to other people also, which is what the forum is for.

That's exactly why I made the long conclusion post above. The fuel filter element is PP2515 and the O-ring is PP2516.....

Thread Information