Liked: 1

Default 2007 TR-1 Stinger SOLD

2007 TR-1 Stinger, the Stinger chassis is based off of a KBS7.

Listed below is the data from the previous owner when I bought the car in late 2012.

This car qualified on the front row of the 2008 Runoffs with Steve Thompson driving. It was running top 3, until a late race mishap. The car was completely updated in 2009.

The 494 Rotax built by HRP, new crank and pistons 2011 (six races on engine). HRP Manifold and Pipe, both are coated in Ceramic Powder coat. It has new Polaris Primary Clutch set-up by HRP, Runoffs winning technology (3 races) Artic Cat Secondary set-up by HRP with Primary. The carburetors where tuned and set-up by HRP. Car has new front wheel bearing, jackshaft bearings and rear axle bearings. The car has a Mychron 3 Gold datalogger. The Willans Belts are labeled as good through 2015.

TR-1 was updated from the original KBS 7 design to provide more room in the cockpit. Previous driver was 6', 200lbs. Current driver is 5'8" 160lbs.

Two sets of wheels and slicks. Wheels purchased in 2010. One Set of wheels and Rain Tires (used once). Car also has Brand New Spare Nose (never used). Control arms, panhard bar and rear axle have all been coated in ceramic powder coat.

TR-1 Builder now owns Molds for Body and Nose. Car has all setup sheets. Car weighs 811 lbs. with 160 lb driver.

Car was Class Champion at Waterford Hills in 2011, hasn't raced in 2012.

Spares:
    (1) Front Control arm,
    2 sets of wheels and slicks,
    1 set wheels and rains
    4 Clutch Belts, 1 Drive Belt
    (2) Carburetors
    (2) Pistons
    (1) Rotary Valve
    (1) Pit Lift
    Nuts, bolts and all other small items in parts bin
    Spark Plugs, Spare Coil, Spare Ignition pickup

Trailer is 14' in length (all aluminum) the exterior walls are FRP board.

I purchased the car in fall of 2013 for the purpose of autocross. Due to some surface distortion on the jackshaft around the bearing locking collar I noticed when setting up the car, I replaced the jackshaft and the bearing.

I order to control the temperature for autocross I installed aluminum shrouds and 12’ SPAL fans on each radiator. In addition, a Davies Craig Electric Booster Pump was added in order to circulate water through the radiators in the pits. A separate Odyssey battery is dedicated to the fans for staging and during the runs in very hot weather.

There is an external battery hook-up in order to run the fans and pump in the pits and not drain the on-board battery. A Facet Posi-Flo Electric Fuel Pump was added for assistance in stating and for high g-force turns.

The trailer has a monorail lift for removing and installing the car. This lift as well as the tow jack is powered by a marine battery. I added a 100 watt solar panel with controller to maintain this battery. The car has two Odyssey batteries (main power and cooling fans), these batteries are wired for CTEK battery maintainers that are run of an inverter tied to the marine battery.

I have run the car for 2014 and 2015 season NC Region SCCA. The car is very competitive and has taken 1st in the Modified Class at every event it has entered. The car contends for FTD in every race, in most cases it is first.

The changes to the car made for autocross are easily reversed if your intent is to road race. The seat is custom made out of memory foam with a high density foam backing and is very comfortable. For reference I am 5’8” about 155 pounds and it is an easy fit for me.

Asking Price: $11,500 for car, spares and trailer (will not separate)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Bill Bonow; 05.11.16 at 9:54 AM.

2. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 177

you got your work cut out on that Porsche! Good luck with the sale.
    I race communist race cars.

"Smokey, this is not 'Nam. This is bowling, there are rules." - Walter Sobchak

You are right, it is a long term project.....Thanks...

Liked: 896

This is a great deal.
    Thanks ... Jay Novak
    313-445-4047
    On my 54th year as an SCCA member
    with a special thanks to every SCCA worker (NONE OF US WOULD RACE WITHOUT THE WORKERS)

Liked: 72

That particular trailer is worth a lot by itself. Its by far the most efficient trailer I've ever seen

Liked: 1417

I was infatuated with this package when it popped up the first time a few years ago. Still am, this is a helluva deal.

Thanks guys...It really is easy to load and unload. It also has two dollies I set it on when I prep the car for an event. I just unload, roll it in the garage do the prep and back in the trailer. It is self contained (all parts and spares and event tools) and does not clutter up my garage between events.

Default nice car

I would like to take a look at your ca if still available. Call me John Pickle @ 706-617-4660..
    I am located i Columbus GA.

The car is still available. I am out of town at the moment and have to be somewhere in the next few minutes. I will give you a call later today.

Liked: 0

David,

What is the angled box on left side of trailer? Is it a bed? Where can one get one if so?

Sam

Liked: 4

Quote Originally Posted by sausmusiii View Post
    David,

What is the angled box on left side of trailer? Is it a bed? Where can one get one if so?

Sam
    It is a tire carrier.

Joe
    F600 #27

Quote Originally Posted by ADR View Post
    It is a tire carrier.

Joe
    Joe is correct, as the previous owner he knows as much or more about the car as I do. The tire carrier has three bays. I use two bays for tires and the other for a chairs and a table.

David

Quote Originally Posted by DavidLangston View Post
    Joe is correct, as the previous owner he knows as much or more about the car as I do. The tire carrier has three bays. I use two bays for tires and the other for a chairs and a table.

David
    Thanks. I guess it is memory foam pad on an army cot for my poor old man's racing team....
    Last edited by sausmusiii; 07.14.15 at 10:44 PM.

Is the car still available? I am very interested in this package.

Yes, the car is still available

I will be at the Charlotte Motor Speedway on August 15. Are you close to the track? I would like to see the package. You may contact me at buck.delong@gmail.com.

Price Reduced.....11,000...for entire package

Default Interested

Mr. Langston,

Could you please contact me through a private message?

Thank You.

Liked: 7

Default Sale inquiry

Hello Dave. I assume the car is still available since the ad is still up. Im interested so please give me a call at 810-441-9608 when you get a chance. Best regards. Pat

Liked: 83

Default Trailer

What is the inside width of the trailer, in terms of how wide of a car it will accommodate?

DK

The space between the bins on each sides is 60 inches. It is a little wider at the bottom as one of the bins does not go all the way to the floor. The car is approximately 54 inches wide and goes in and out easily with the lift.

Liked: 10

Awesome deal. Wish I had the cash at the moment.

Hi David,
    Did you sell the car and trailer?
    Hope all is well.

John
    John H.
    ----------------------------------
    "Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday."
    D.C.

Liked: 4

Hi John, The car has made the full circle and is back in MI. It will be strange racing against my old car at Waterford.

Congrats on the sale David.

Joe
    F600 #27

WOW! It is a small world indeed. I bet it will be real strange
    going against it. Hope all is well with and the family.

Best,
    John
    John H.
    ----------------------------------
    "Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday."
    D.C.

Thread Information