Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked: 280

Default DUFFUS Race #3 Summit Point August 1 & 2

Hi,

DUFFUS race #3 will be held at Summit Point Raceway on August 1 & 2 as part of the Washington DC Region Formula Fest Restricted Regional. We will be running three (3) formula car groups with single class racing. We will have FF/CF DUFFUS race 3; the FV's will have their own race group and we are trying to recruit another formula car group to make three.

The race is combination weekend with a Performance Driving eXperience PDX event being held in conjunction with the formula car racing.

Each of the formula car race groups will be getting five on track sessions. The FF/CF DUFFUS entrants will have one practice session, one qualifying session and three races.

The entry fee will be $500 and we will be opening registration on or about July 1. DUFFUS entrants will get our driver suit patches, two series posters and series stickers. We will be awarding kill stickers for the podium finishers in each class in each race. DUFFUS horse's hindquarter trophies will be awarded to the podium finishers in each class in the final race of the weekend.

Since the weekend is for the PDX cars and the three formula car groups; there will be plenty of space in the Summit Point paddock. We can easily accommodate and would love to have a class for the vintage car FF/CF drivers and we are hoping that they will join us. We will provide kill stickers and trophies for the vintage drivers if they should decide to join us.

It would be really helpful if drivers who intend to come would chime in here so we can begin to get a count, so please let us know if you are coming.

Thanks,

Joe Marcinski
    1977 Royale RP24 Club Ford (that will be ready to race!)
    Last edited by Joe Marcinski; 06.22.15 at 12:12 PM. Reason: added details.

Liked: 313

I am planning on being there. Currently have Royale parts all over the shop but I'll make it.

Dave

Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 492

Hey Joe !
    I know I've said it before but this time I mean it, I am coming !
    I even booked a room in Winchester already !
    And am anticipating good bbq at Big Daddys on your suggestion.
    I talked to Chip Van Slyke this weekend at LRP about this DUFFUS 3 show and as he was planning a family trip to DC around that time hopefully he'll make it. He has the ex-Dave Wachtel Crossle 62F that Dave bought new from Skip Barber Racing back in the day and it is still in original yellow gel coat bodywork. He's nice guy and would be a good addition.
    Stupidly I do not have contact info but he is from the Schenectady NY area. Or did he say Syracuse ?
    He is the second owner of this original and very pretty 62F and while still pretty new is enthusiastic and he'd be a good addition.
    Also Eddie Callo and Jim MacNichol said they are hoping/planning on going as well.
    Is the entry going to be on motorsportreg in a few weeks ?
    How much does SP generally charge for the Friday test sessions , do you know ?
    Mike

Liked: 78

I will be there in my FF. BTW Mike I am getting new tires so I am calling you out...

5. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 74

Sounds like I have an event to schedule in. Can't miss something like this, that's for sure.

This weekend plus MARRS, a test day....

Too much seat time??

Contributing Member
    Liked: 49

I'm in.

Liked: 77

Mike:

PLEASE SEE LATER POST for corrected test day information.

Please ignore this paragraph! The usual SP test days are $225 plus $5/crew member. There is no preregistration; show up, bring your race license and your checkbook or credit card. The usual schedule includes 5 sessions of about 20-25 minutes. Since this is not a usual DC region MARRS race weekend, I expect that the number of cars will be fairly small so the track shouldn't be crowded.

I will be Chief Steward for this event. I expect it will be a fun, fairly low key affair. I hope a bunch of you show up and have a great weekend.

Questions? Don't be afraid to ask!

Dave
    Last edited by Dave Gomberg; 06.22.15 at 8:03 PM. Reason: Updated information

9. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 8

Default #3 Summit

Hi Joe:
    As it currently stands, I am intending on coming.
    Since I've been doing the vintage thing the last few years, I will be on Dunlops.
    Greg Kokolus
    PRS #30
    RH-01

Default DUFFUS 3

Wow! Excellent response!

Michael, thank you for the recruiting effort. It would be really cool to have 25 to 30 FF/CF's at Summit Point. I am told that our trophies used Lord Stanley's horse for a model...............so they are not just any old $7 trophy!

Thank you Dave for answering Mike's question on the test day.

WDCR uses MotorsportReg now or you can go to www.wdcr-scca.com and follow the links to club racing and you can get to MotorsportReg from there.

Here is who we think is coming:

FF
    Angela Slocum, Dave Gernert, Ed Callo, Derek Holmes, Al Cantrell, Mike Kelly, Dave Petzko, Chip VanSlyke, Steve Roux?

CF
    Mike Rand, Chuck VanNostrand, Wayne Nicollete, Mark Walthew, Sam Eyer, Dave Harmison, Phil Kingham, Jim McNichol, Bill Maisey, Greg Kokolus, Doug Fisher, Craig Walker (we might need to steal an engine for him), JD or Max King, Mike Hummel, Kevin Brumbaugh, me.

I think the Will Velkoff may have to be at PittRace for the FRP event.

We are hoping that Wes Allen will make the tow. We are also hoping that Chris Horan, Sam Youngman can find a way to join us.

I know I have missed someone..................

Joe M.
    Last edited by Joe Marcinski; 06.22.15 at 4:22 PM. Reason: adding drivers and spelling Greg's last name correctly, sorry Greg.

Liked: 157

Default Yes

Roux in, assuming there is a car left over after the Jersey major the week before. look forward to being a duffus again

13. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 9

Default Last Year's Races

For everyone on the fence here is some footage of last year's races.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hR6TCPFyuwI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtfaVnHmrrw

Liked: 77

Default Updated Test Day information - please read

Hi guys:

I've just been informed that the test day will be a different flavor than usual.

For this event, the test day will be a Summit Point "Seat Time" program. However, one of the three run groups has been reserved for open wheel cars. A maximum of 34 cars will be allowed in that group. (The other groups are for Street Cars and Competition Cars other than open wheel.)

The track will NOT be open on Thursday night. Participants in the Seat Time day can enter Friday morning. Non-participants will not be allowed to enter until Friday at 6pm.

The price is still $225 and you must present your competition license, but with only three run groups, I suspect you will have more track time available than you will want.

One other note: many of you may not be aware that the bridge to the paddock was inspected recently and found to be no longer safe for heavy traffic. Only cars and light trucks are allowed over the bridge. Race trailers and 18 wheelers must get to the paddock by using the track. The track personnel will direct you to where to enter the track (Baker station) and you will go counter-race direction (via the T3 cutoff road) to Pit-Out to enter the paddock. In the morning, before the test day, it may be the case that all traffic will be directed onto the track.

Dave

Liked: 127

Real bummed I'll be missing this one, but hoping to have a strong running car at Pitt Race for DUFFUS #4.

Motor is getting hoisted out tomorrow night and in the truck to pay someone a visit this weekend. Been struggling with it for too long now so need to take the summer off and hopefully figure out what the problem is once and for all.
    Will Velkoff
    Van Diemen RF00 / Honda FF

Hey Joe, I'll be driving in the FF class. This will be my first DUFFUS event and it sounds like it'll be worth every bit.

Shayne Frebert
    Van Diemen RF85

Liked: 19

Derek , I don't know of a tire manufacturer that makes a grade of tire that will help you in your quest but I will do some research and see what I can come up with.

19. The following 2 users liked this post:

Contributing Member
    Liked: 47

FYI - SP now has a restriction on the weight of rigs crossing over the bridge, I believe it's less than 8500 lbs.

At last weekends SCCA event all the "big" rigs had to enter the track at Baker and drive counter race to a exit road near turn 3 to enter the paddock.

This caused some confusion in the line up to get in process and if you arrived while the track was hot a delay.

Mike, Just try and keep this one with all 4 tires on the ground...

Liked: 19

Thanks for the complement Derek, I've been told I really look like I flying when I drive so it was nice of you to say!!!!
    Last edited by Mike Kelly; 06.24.15 at 12:34 PM.

23. The following members LIKED this post:

Mike, I will have to say that you are fast for your age bracket!

Default Getting along.......

Mike, Don't let Derek get to you. I'm sure all we have to do is wait a couple races and he'll get DQ'd for something. Whether it be a special fuel additive, air foil device or even port dia., I'm sure there's something.....

Derek, I have to be nice to Mike, so he'll let me buy his pushrod car someday. It's just the way these things work hahah

If you're not first..........you're last......
    Last edited by S. Frebert; 06.25.15 at 7:12 PM. Reason: Ricky Bobby

Liked: 0

Default The Bridge

... yes, it is restricted to 8500#.

But we will have updated information on the status and schedule and routes which will be emailed to all registered participants several days in advance of the event. At least we have lots of notice - we had to do a last minute scramble to work things out for our last MARRS event!

The Formula Fest/PDX schedule gives us more flexibility in scheduling breaks in the schedule to get your rigs in and out of the paddock, so with a small dose of patience, a pinch of understanding, and a generous handful of cooperation, we should be able to bring this off without seriously inconveniencing anyone.

Also, regarding the Seat Time day on Friday - because the group size is limited, they are recommending advance reservations. Call the track office at 304-725-8444.

Thanks, and looking forward to seeing everybody in a month!

Anne Callihan
    Director of Club Racing
    Washington DC Region

Just registered the FF for this event!!

because I wanna go fast like Ricky Bobby

Derek wants to get DQ'd like Adrian Campos.....

Liked: 4

Default Race #3

Just registered, FF.
    Jim MacNicholl

I am registered FF. Frebert you better work and find some speed this weekend. I don't want to lap you again.

30. The following members LIKED this post:

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Holmes View Post
    I am registered FF. Frebert you better work and find some speed this weekend. I don't want to lap you again.
    Oh I will. May even get protested.. I tried that with you last MARRS, Didn't work out like I thought it would haha. I'll be getting closer in the mirrors here shortly.
    Last edited by S. Frebert; 07.08.15 at 2:05 PM. Reason: Edited for unsportsman-like conduct

Contributing Member
    Liked: 49

Looks like we're up to 10 entries, evenly split between FF and CF. Keep 'em coming!

Would be nice to have 25 plus cars!

34. The following members LIKED this post:

WE NEED MORE FF/CF TO REGISTER!!!

I'll be running with Derek and Mike K.

Someone has to come and smother Derek's ego! haha

And Mike, just has a car too good to be true. We need more people to keep him in the back with the Rookie's like me!

It would be nice if we hit 20 and they'd discount the registration! hahah just wishful thinking

Default Lets see more cars

I noticed that I had not actually filled out the entry. I hope that is the case for at least another 20 of you that just forgot to go to DLB. I am now in and paid up. FF

Steve
    Last edited by Roux; 07.19.15 at 8:09 PM.

37. The following members LIKED this post:

Contributing Member John Nesbitt's Avatar
    Liked: 899

Quote Originally Posted by Roux View Post
    I noticed that I had not actually filled out the entry. I hope that is the case for at least another 20 of you that just forgot to go to MotorSportReg.com. I am now in and paid up. FF

Steve

FTFY ;-)

Steve is right. Sign up.
    John Nesbitt
    ex-Swift DB-1

As of right now we have 12 cars in the FF/CF group. For anyone thinking about this event do it! I can tell you from racing the last 2 Formula Fest / DUFFUS events it was FUN! How often do you get single class racing. Not to mention hanging out in the paddock with your friends. Hey Frebert watch your mirrors...

I am passing this message along from the WDC region.

Fellow Racer,

Washington DC Region SCCA - Formula Fest 2015 at Summit Point Motorsports Park August 1-2.

More information and registration
    http://msreg.com/FormulaFest2015

Group 1: CF & FF
    Group 2: FV only
    Group 3: ASR, FA, FB, FC, FE, FM, FS, FST, F5, P1, P2

Please join us for a very special event featuring Open Wheel Racing ONLY. This is a one of a kind weekend on the Washington DC Region Club Racing calendar. This event has been planned and designed for Open Wheel racing only. There will be three race groups on this special weekend and all the details can be found by following the link included above. Each of the Formula groups will have three sessions on Saturday, qualifying followed by two separate race sessions. Sunday will also have two race sessions per group. The weekend includes a ton of track time dedicated to open wheel and only open wheel racing.

If you are unable to attend please pass this information along to anyone you think may be interested.

-------------------------------------------
    Bob Crawford Asst. Director, Club Racing - Competition Member Services Chair, Washington DC Region, Sports Car Club of America
    mrgto68@hotmail.com

Liked: 313

Contrary to my earlier post, I will not be making it. Between work, etc. too many things to have time to properly prep the car.

Hope you guys have fun.

Liked: 29

Default FF/CF Prize Money

Anonymous donors not affiliated with DUFFUS have put forth $150 in prize monies. There will be two special VISA gift cards given out for the CF & FF winners of Sunday's feature race in the amount of $75 each.

43. The following members LIKED this post:

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Holmes View Post
    As of right now we have 12 cars in the FF/CF group. For anyone thinking about this event do it! I can tell you from racing the last 2 Formula Fest / DUFFUS events it was FUN! How often do you get single class racing. Not to mention hanging out in the paddock with your friends. Hey Frebert watch your mirrors...
    All I'm going to say is, that's a nice Avatar pic you have.......

Quote Originally Posted by dgernert View Post
    Anonymous donors not affiliated with DUFFUS have put forth $150 in prize monies. There will be two special VISA gift cards given out for the CF & FF winners of Sunday's feature race in the amount of $75 each.
    Awesommmeeeeee

We are up to 15 cars. There are a few days left to sign up. Would be fun to get 20 cars.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 302

Default Tire service

Do we know if there will be anyone doing tire service at this event?

Ed

Hi Ed,

There will not be anyone at the track doing tire service. We could not get enough firm commitments to allow me to get someone to come.

Joe M.

Liked: 4

Default Race #3

14 cars now, I tore my hamstring last Thur waterskiing, surgery is scheduled for Thur.
    I thought I could still drive, but my doctor assured me I won't be doing much for 4-6 weeks. This will be the race of the year, good luck to all. I will make the next one !!!
    Jim MacNicholl

Default Schedule

link to the supps on Motorsportsreg.com is broken for me or my browser type.

What time are FF/CF on track for the first time on Saturday? Trying to figure out arrival strategy

Jim, hope the leg heals up quickly. Was looking forward to seeing you on a track

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information