Liked: 49

Default Quaife vs WRD Diffs

I am looking at replacing the open diff I currently have with a LSD. The two units that will fit, from what I can tell are Quaife QDF7ZR, http://www.quaifeamerica.com/qdf7zr-0.html and the Williams Racing Developments WRD-CDD-3000, http://www.willrace.com/Chain-Drive-...-CDD-3000.html. Anyone have experience with either of these that they can share? Looking at reliability, maintenance, performance, etc. Also if anyne knows of another unit that would fit I'm all ears.
    “THE EDGE, there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.”
    Hunter S Thompson

Liked: 6

Doug,

I had the Quaife QDF7ZR in my Elan. Dropped right in as replacement for the open diff.
    It was bullet proof with no trouble at all the whole time I ran the car. The only maintenance I did was to pump the grease zerks every few events to purge some of the old grease out and look for metal shavings/wear etc. Never found any signs of wear. The unit performed well in getting the power down out of the corners.

The only disadvantage to the quaife is it weighs about 10 pounds more than the open diff if I recall correctly.

Either they raised the price of the unit or the exchange rate is worse, or both, as I paid about $650US for mine in 2008. Got it directly from Quaife in England.

Tom

Liked: 35

Hey Doug .

Our Taylor Race Engineering ATB diffs have dominated the US Formula 1000 series this year and last . Podium finishes at every race. winning the SCCA Run Offs as well . It is OE in the RFR , West , Pheonix and the JDR.
    JR Osborne , Alex Mayer , Jeremy Hill and Lawrence Loshak are just a few drivers that have won , and are still winning with it.

Scotty
    Scotty
    Est. 1990
    Taylor Race Engineering

Thread Information