Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked: 120

Quote Originally Posted by BeerBudgetRacing View Post
    You guys are a little different in the Twin Peaks, Wayward Pines area of the country.

I applaud what you have done.

My question is this: Do you run just FC / FF races? or do you include other classes (GT, IT,EP,Px) as well?

In most places (like SoCal) we need every car in any class we can get to cover the cost of the track. Its different. I've looked and tracks down here start at $5000/day + workers + EMS ++ - so a 3 day weekend would cost somewhere in the $25k range - minimum.... a classic track like Laguna Seca is $15k+ per day.....

Getting a race group started is the problem....
    Same up here. That said there are a lot of entries for a good regional sanctioning body. Lots of entries and lots of volunteer hours keep racer costs down. There are two open wheel/SR groups, two big bore, two small bore, and a novice close wheeled group (novice open wheel group runs within one of the open wheel groups) most cars are eligible for more than one group, but usually 2nd entry is discounted. Also, most clubs have adopted a one hour enduro race and there is usually an extra special race of some sort each weekend. Here is the link to last weekends race schedule.

http://www.icscc.com/2015/announce/nwms_june_annc.pdf

Here's a typical two day schedule:
    http://www.icscc.com/2015/announce/irdc_aug_annc.pdf

What keeps entries up year to year is the commitment to the novice program.

Liked: 4

Default Mission is a great track

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Smith View Post
    I don't struggle at Mission, I've won races there. I can't stand the place, it's just not entertaining to drive. ...
    That's pretty harsh, Brad. No one here would deny Mission could use some improvement, but it's a great little technical track that most of us living in the area thoroughly enjoy and are grateful to have. You're not doing the track, the sport in your own town or yourself any favors by unfairly disparaging it and discouraging others from driving it.

3. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 49

Well Doug, who am I discouraging? People reading this in Georgia or New York? I merely said that I didn't find it entertaining. I hope that you can try the Ridge or Oregon raceway Park one day soon. You'll find them very entertaining! I ran the Ridge last year and found that you pull more Gs in the first 3 corners than 3 entire laps at Mission. I just like high speed stuff more than anything else, that's all. I never claimed to be good, I know lots of better drivers than me!
    Done with this thread now, have a good night.

Liked: 442

I think long term the new motors are a big help financially for the classes.

My Zetec hasn't been opened since 2007/8 as far as I can tell and it didn't stop me from winning on Saturday in Spokane. How many Pinto/Kent's can go that long and still win?

6. The following members LIKED this post:

dc

Liked: 25

Quote Originally Posted by RSS View Post
    I think long term the new motors are a big help financially for the classes.

My Zetec hasn't been opened since 2007/8 as far as I can tell and it didn't stop me from winning on Saturday in Spokane. How many Pinto/Kent's can go that long and still win?
    Just want to clear things up i'am not knocking the Honda or Zetec engines. With years of engineer improvements behind them they should be better.
    All i suggested was allow the kent & Pinto engines to run a lighter flywheel would help on the bottom end.
    Lets use Mission as an example when you came Mission which is a short track and acceleration out the corners is key the Zetec spanked the Pinto's on acceleration out the corners.
    Would there be a big difference on big super tracks probably not.

The point that most are missing is it's more about preserving history keeping the cars original
    because most of them if they survive will end up as Vintage or for those that don't want to be called Vintage let's call it Classic Race Cars.
    I have been involve with the Vintage for 20 yrs and CF for 5 yrs and the thing that's most obvious is on the Westcoast we aren't seeing many younger folk getting involved so the reality most of these cars are Vintage eligible just like there owners so why not preserve the cars.

Contributing Member problemchild's Avatar
    Liked: 4346

Quote Originally Posted by Latebraker View Post
    Just want to clear things up i'am not knocking the Honda or Zetec engines.
    Of course you were. The thread title says "Stop All the Honda Conversions". Then you went on attack like Archie Bunker talking about pinko communists.

Your concern that a lot of neat older cars are being mutilated is a totally fair observation and much worthier of comment than most of the ranting on the thread. Since when is it offensive for someone to say they don't like a track, especially after someone commented that they drove it poorly.

Unfortunately, from your perspective, most prospective FF racers don't care if some old-timers love their kent engines, and really don't care if some people think it is sacrilegious to put a Honda in an older car. They want competitiveness and value. Just like some people love their land lines, desktops, and records, most people prefer their cellphones and downloaded music. I expect your message would have been better received with better presentation.

Cheers!
    Greg Rice, RICERACEPREP.com
    F1600 Arrive-N-Drive for FRP and SCCA, FC SCCA also. Including Runoffs
    2020 & 2022 F1600 Champion, 2020 SCCA FF Champion, 2021 SCCA FC Champion,
    2016 F2000 Champion, Follow RiceRacePrep on Instagram.

9. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 442

Even with the Zetec I didn't win any races at Mission last time!

See you boys in a couple weeks.

Classifieds Super License stonebridge20's Avatar
    Liked: 1898

The Canadians are a frisky bunch ay!
    Stonebridge Sports & Classics ltd
    15 Great Pasture Rd Danbury, CT. 06810 (203) 744-1120
    www.cryosciencetechnologies.com
    Cryogenic Processing · REM-ISF Processing · Race Prep & Driver Development

12. The following members LIKED this post:

Quote Originally Posted by stonebridge20 View Post
    The Canadians are a frisky bunch ay!
    No South African blood.

Quote Originally Posted by RSS View Post
    Even with the Zetec I didn't win any races at Mission last time!

See you boys in a couple weeks.
    I'll try to take it a little easier on you next time:

Looking forward to seeing the NWFC gang at Mission. There will be a BBQ/Party for all the open wheel group and Doug is the Dj so if you have any requests get them in early

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information