Liked: 105

Default FV/F1200 - 2015 (Fast Forward)

Funny, thinking back to December when we were discussing what FV/F1200 needed to survive and flurish into the future. Everyone had an opinion. Fast forward to the first month(s) of racing and I personally am seeing some of the largest FV/F1200 fields in the past couple of years, at the same time seeing the promotion of "FV only Races"???

Is this part of the answer that we have all been looking for.. First weekend in the East, if I am not mistaken, say 43-44 cars in total between Summit Point and Mosport.

Are more racers coming our because it is Vee's racing Vee's and not avoid other cars are the track?

Something seems to be working....
    Noel Brigido
    Formula 1200 / FTDA

2. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 11

FV is appealing to me due to cost. Tires lasting a season, simple cars etc. I have not raced yet and probably won't wheel to wheel for a while. With that said, it seems to be the best budget friendly racing to do.

Contributing Member Chris Elwell's Avatar
    Liked: 58

Switching to the Falkens and single class racing are the two reasons that brought me back out after taking 2014 off. I'm thrilled to not have to buy tires again until spring 2017.

5. The following members LIKED this post:

orc

Which Falkens are you running? Most of the looking I have done shows Hoosiers?

Although I have not run wheel to wheel I can see how not having cars running twice the power on the track at the same time would be nice.

They're the Azenis that the Canadian's use in F1200. We've adopted them for a "Can/Am"series this year. Here's the website.

http://challengecupseries.com

Thanks

Liked: 94

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Elwell View Post
    Switching to the Falkens and single class racing are the two reasons that brought me back out after taking 2014 off. I'm thrilled to not have to buy tires again until spring 2017.
    Chris, are you running just the series or are you going to use your Falkens at regionals/Majors also?
    Matt Rehm
    1997 Citation FV #10
    1997 Citation FV #16

10. The following members LIKED this post:

Quote Originally Posted by G.Rossman View Post
    Which Falkens are you running? Most of the looking I have done shows Hoosiers?

Although I have not run wheel to wheel I can see how not having cars running twice the power on the track at the same time would be nice.
    Running our own grid make racing that much more fun. You focus on racing not the car that might be in you mirrors.

If we look at this, the more cars we get out, better chance of getting our own grids. Getting our own grids will bring more cars out. Win/Win

We should actually be posting all the vee only races across Canada and the US. Give people the opportunity to attend vee only events.

Supporting vee nationally helps everyone.
    Noel Brigido
    Formula 1200 / FTDA

Liked: 51

Default formula vee races

All CASC Ontario regional race weekends
    All Challenge Cup Series race weekends
    Are formula Vee / F1200 only race groups

Race dates can be found on the Challenge Cup & F1200 websites

The guys in the NE has also done a great job promoting FV and getting some FV only grids. Working together will get the participation up.
    Noel Brigido
    Formula 1200 / FTDA

Quote Originally Posted by lucky13 View Post
    Chris, are you running just the series or are you going to use your Falkens at regionals/Majors also?
    I'm going to run the Falkens wherever I go. Absolutely no Majors but I may run a regional at Mid-Ohio and the ARRC this year (in addition to the challenge cup races).

Chris

15. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 51

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Elwell View Post
    I'm going to run the Falkens wherever I go. Absolutely no Majors but I may run a regional at Mid-Ohio and the ARRC this year (in addition to the challenge cup races).

Chris
    Would they allow us to race the Falkens in their Regionals? Would like to do a few.....

Check with the race organizers about using non-standard wheels at a regional or divisional or whatever. Technically your car won't meet the SCCA GCR rules as an FV so they may not let you run as an FV and you may not fit in anywhere else either. We tried to get this allowed a few years ago to get some on track comparison data for a possible spec wheel/tire combination but were rebuffed by the powers that be because the different wheels would make the car non-compliant even though we knew it would be slower.

I hope I'm wrong, but check to be sure.

Bruce

Thread Information