Thread: AutoX FV

Liked: 11

Default AutoX FV

What tips and tricks are there to getting more power from either the 1200 or 1600 engine? Where are the deals, I have been searching but not finding a lot of engines out there. Any performance build kits for them?

Classifieds Super License BeerBudgetRacing's Avatar
    Liked: 1262

When I was looking I found these guys....
    http://bugpack.com/
    http://www.cbperformance.com/
    http://www.socalautoparts.com/

Don't know what's legal.....

Deals ? Not sure. I thought vw was fairly pricey per horsepower....

I will check out those links. Thanks.

Liked: 310

Buggy Works Inc

I don't know anything about them, but buggy stores are usually a good place for VW parts, engines etc.

Liked: 31

There are lots of options for power in the 1600 acvw package. The 1200 is best left to the road racers.

Solo rules allow for up to 94mm pistons and cylinders (1914cc) from the stock 85.5mm (1585cc). Any single carb is allowed in this configuration. Any camshaft is allowed. Valves can be 39mmx32mm in/out. Some Mexican heads came this way, but most stock heads are 35.5mm x 32mm. Rockers must remain stock ratio.

It's all in how much you want to spend. I run a basically stock 1641 with slip in 87mm pistons and cylinders, and a stock 34pict carb. I'm not setting any records, but I'm having a blast, the car starts easily even cold, and is dead reliable.
    Ken Hoovler

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
    Buggy Works Inc

I don't know anything about them, but buggy stores are usually a good place for VW parts, engines etc.
    Local too

Liked: 310

Quote Originally Posted by G.Rossman View Post
    Local too
    Yes, that is why I posted that one. I hope they can help you out.

Quote Originally Posted by killerken53 View Post
    There are lots of options for power in the 1600 acvw package. The 1200 is best left to the road racers.

Solo rules allow for up to 94mm pistons and cylinders (1914cc) from the stock 85.5mm (1585cc). Any single carb is allowed in this configuration. Any camshaft is allowed. Valves can be 39mmx32mm in/out. Some Mexican heads came this way, but most stock heads are 35.5mm x 32mm. Rockers must remain stock ratio.

It's all in how much you want to spend. I run a basically stock 1641 with slip in 87mm pistons and cylinders, and a stock 34pict carb. I'm not setting any records, but I'm having a blast, the car starts easily even cold, and is dead reliable.

What carb are guys running with the 1914cc engine? I watched some dyno runs and those engines were making around 100hp which should make the car get up and go pretty good.

Liked: 25

Quote Originally Posted by G.Rossman View Post
    Local too
    You also have Brian's off road just south of you in Martinsville, they are big into off road racing 1600s
    Last edited by SamF; 06.19.15 at 2:59 PM. Reason: sp
    Sam
    Acer-MK2 FST #56
    Acer-J FST #47
    Hawke DL8 FSV

Liked: 0

I run the Webber 40idf carb on mine. You'll have to do a little modification to the lower butterflies in order to get her idling right but it's a pretty bullet proof set up and easily triaged in the trenches. Got breakdown, cleaning and rebuild down to a 15 min job which can be done while waiting on a run with a 10min mechanical.

Thread Information