Liked: 9

Default Drone video of AutoX

Ck this out.
    https://youtu.be/VdWgXJp7Ljk
    Mark
    1990 Van Diemen, the Racing Machine, CM AutoX, 2016 Frontier
    You can try to make a street car into an autocrosser or you can do a lot less work and make a race car into a great autocrosser

Liked: 896

I am totally amazed. This thing is unbelievably steady. Are you certain this is a drone video?
    Thanks ... Jay Novak
    313-445-4047
    On my 54th year as an SCCA member
    with a special thanks to every SCCA worker (NONE OF US WOULD RACE WITHOUT THE WORKERS)

Quote Originally Posted by Jnovak View Post
    I am totally amazed. This thing is unbelievably steady. Are you certain this is a drone video?
    Yes, a Parrot Bebop with 3 axis image stabilization. The footage looks even better on my computer as Youtube has excessive compression.
    Mark
    Last edited by mwizard; 05.27.15 at 4:40 PM.
    You can try to make a street car into an autocrosser or you can do a lot less work and make a race car into a great autocrosser

Liked: 3

Looks great! Have any footage of the runs?

Cars in action. This compression is less than specular. I edited out the slow parts and got better as this progresses.
    https://youtu.be/3G3hWWNhlx4
    Mark

Liked: 235

It wasn't an SCCA event. But here's the policy on drones at SCCA events:

http://solomatters.com/dont_drone_me...raft_at_events
    Jim

I wish I understood everything I know.

Liked: 177

I have a DJI Phantom 2 with full stabilization and auto GPS waypoint navigation. A fun toy and would get great footage at the races. I also have no ambition to actually take it to a race with the liability involved not to mention SCCA does not want them around and rightfully so. Remember, they can and do malfunction from time to time and you will be held liable for any and all damage both property and even more importantly personal damages caused by the blades that can easily cut right through skin and muscle. My advice is to keep 'em home boys.
    I race communist race cars.

"Smokey, this is not 'Nam. This is bowling, there are rules." - Walter Sobchak

Thread Information