Liked: 14

Default Fuel sampling port

My fuel sampling port is between the fuel cell and the low pressure side of the fuel pump. Will this set up pass an annual tech inspection?

Liked: 304

The rules require that it be located between the fuel cell and carb, so it would satisfy that requirement. However, I'm of the opinion you would be unable to produce a sample this way since it is on the suction side of the pump. Mine is between the pump and carb.

Liked: 72

mine is on the low pressure side and just a bit of air pressure on the vent line will allow fuel to flow out the sample line without starting or cranking a hot engine. My vent line is long enough to pull out and blow on. It looks a bit funny but impresses the tech folks since there's a much reduced chance of fire.
    The above post is for reference only and your results may vary. This post is not intended to reflect the views and opinions of SCCA and should not be considered an analysis or opinion of the rules written in the GCR. thanks, Brian McCarthy, BOD area 9.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 86

That's a good trick. I had mine on that side of the system but I could never get a sample to flow, so I moved it to between the pump and carb.
    Matt King
    FV19 Citation XTC-41
    CenDiv-Milwaukee
    KEEP THE KINK!

Liked: 20

Mine is on in my tool box
    Mark Filip

Thread Information