Liked: 1

Default Why isn't the Kawasaki ZX6R on the list?

Hey guys, I'm building a F600 / FMod car from scratch. I've long been a fan of Kawasaki and wondering why the ZX6R isn't on the approved engine list in the US? It's on the UK and NASA lists.

I know there was a string of 636 cc engines, but I'm planning around a 2009 FI 599 cc from a wrecked bike.

Liked: 72

Mostly because the kawasaki 636 had a clear advantage over the others out of the box.

Liked: 13

Default kawasaki

Clint,

03 thru 06 are 636cc engines, 07 thru 12 are 599cc engines. He is using a 599.

Rich

Liked: 896

I suggest that you send a letter into the CRB letter system requesting that specific model year
    Kawasaki engines be allowed. Should not be a problem. Just make certain that you define the specific year engines that are under 600cc. Another problem is that Kawasaki had a special limited production 600cc race motor homologated for racing and this engine IS SPECIFICALLY NOT ALLOWED.
    Thanks ... Jay Novak
    313-445-4047
    On my 54th year as an SCCA member
    with a special thanks to every SCCA worker (NONE OF US WOULD RACE WITHOUT THE WORKERS)

Liked: 1

Good info. Yeah, the Kawi 600RR race engine would have a noticeable advantage over others in the 600 class.

I'll write a letter and hopefully there will be a new short list of engines on the list. I won't be ready before early 2016 at the earliest. I still have a 100 or so hours work to put into the Mini project before I start the FMod

Thread Information