Thread: fuel rail

Liked: 23

Default fuel rail

Fuel Rail for 07/08 Suzuki. Don't know the proper names of stuff here, but the upper electrode socket for the #1 cyl. on the left side broke off. So I just need the left side if someone has one.

Thanks, Brett

Contributing Member Mike Devins's Avatar
    Liked: 29

do you just need the injectors?

Contributing Member glenn cooper's Avatar
    Liked: 136

Take a pic and post it up here.
    It sounds like you need an injector.
    All 8 GSXR injectors are identical.
    If it is an injector you need, how will you ensure that it is flowing good?
    (It may have been sitting in crap pump gas for who knows how long)
    I'm sure I have what you need, I'll just hook you up...

GC

Yeah, Mike pointed that out to me yesterday. Hadn't pulled these things apart in years.

Is the top injector the high speed injector? I lost power on the back straight at PBIR last weekend, but ran fine back at the trailer after I brought it in. I figured the filter and possibly the injector(s) were clogged somewhat and went home. Didn't notice the electrical socket on the top injector for cyl. #1 was broken off until then. Maybe that was it....

The weekend was over anyways.

A bit conflicting with the pm and the info here.
    Take a pic of the busted part and let me do my thing, brah!

PM me your address and I'll get it off to you on Monday.

The plastic bits are the actual fuel rail, left and right, which join to the aluminum fuel "T".
    You mention a broken "electrode" (Dang Pilots!!), which indicates an electrical part...

"Help me, help YOU" - Dr Phillip

Default Oh snap!

That's what happened. Here's the pic- shouldda done this sooner. Brah? In my hood, it's "Bro." I hope this is what caused my power loss. Step on the gas, immediate power loss. Let off the gas a little, power comes back, but not much and runs rough. But runs and revs fine sitting back at the trailer.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Brett Lane; 04.25.15 at 10:08 AM.

Brah, from the Hawaiian "Shaka Brah" - Loosely translated as "Hang Loose, my friend".

OK, looks like the injector top broke off, gonna enlarge pic to see if plastic fuel rail is broken. I gotcha covered on all that.

I would strongly recommend having ALL 8 injectors cleaned, and make sure you have a real good (NOT cheapy "Earls") fuel filter on the car.

There is no telling the condition of the injector by looking at it.

The secondary/upper injectors come in at full chat at like 9k rpm I believe, so the fact that it is running poorly as you describe sounds suspicious.

At Rd America June Sprints I had a secondary injector get clogged up (suspect faulty/bypassing fuel filter), which SMOKED the engine from running lean for however long before I got out of it.
    The #4 cylinder had molten aluminium (cumbustion chamber roof)) deposited to the cyl wall, and aluminum splatter in the #4 head pipe.
    I would post a pic of the underside of the head, but I don't wanna make anyone else cry...

Greg Melka at http://www.proflowtech.com/ in Florida has done injectors for me in the past. Motorcycle road racer dude...

Liked: 151

Default fuel rail

That is a broken injector. You can get one as a replacement, but I would then send all 8 to George for cleaning. It's affordable and it helps a lot.

Thread Information