Liked: 0

Default Formula Ford "The Series" Next up!

In just three weeks "The Series" will race at Buttonwillow Raceway Park April 25-26.

Formula Ford "The Series" is alive and growing. We have averaged 28 entries for the first two venues this year. You do have an exclusive Formula Ford group you can join and race with in the West. Three classes: Modern Ford, Club Ford, Vintage Ford. There is a class for you.

We are racing towards 50 years since Formula Fords birth in Europe. The best Formula Ford racing is just weeks away, awaiting for you to join us.

Formula Ford "The Series"
    [email]theseriesmgr@gmail.com

Liked: 208

Nicely written. I want to play but the tow from Ohio is a bit much. Good luck.
    Ralph Z
    1968 Alexis Mk14 Formula Ford

Liked: 102

Default A few more details please

Do you have a website for it yet?

How much are the entry fees?

What sanctioning body are you racing under?

Is there a spec tire rule for the Club Fords or Modern Fords?

Liked: 942

Quote Originally Posted by Brian C in Az View Post
    Do you have a website for it yet?

How much are the entry fees?

What sanctioning body are you racing under?

Is there a spec tire rule for the Club Fords or Modern Fords?

A Google search will reveal some of your questions answered here including the rules:

http://formulafordtheseries.com/The_Series.html

More answers here:
    http://www.motorsportreg.com/events/...8#.VR35ouG2qtM

I am looking to see if I can make it.
    “Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty.” -Peter Egan

Liked: 490

Ralph, come on out..we'll find you a car to rent. All the cars are racing on American Racers or Avon treads. We are racing with SVRA and VARA currently.
    Roland Johnson
    San Diego, Ca

Liked: 29

Default The Series

Entry form..........

http://media.wix.com/ugd/783610_ab93...88e837ab2a.pdf

Friday open test day separate from the weekend.

7. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 341

Default The Series

You should absolutely come out. I have been out of racing for a great many years and finally find myself in a FF. I had a tough decision here in the pacific as there is not a great amount of FFs running SCCA. Then I found "The Series" which has great car count. I did my first race at Willow Springs with the series in March. Total was 26 cars and with me, 6 Swifts (mostly DB1 but some DB6 and a DB 3 thrown in).

Richard runs a great series and helped to keep me informed all weekend. The drivers are friendly and competitive and SVRA/VARA were great to run with. Their registration and licensing people were very patient getting the new guy through the weekend.

I will not make the Button Willow round as I have Dad things that are more important but I hope you decided to give it a try. If you do and decide to come back, then I hope to see you at Fontana in June.

Thank You
    Eric Little

Contributing Member
    Liked: 470

Why isn't the schedule available on the website?

Or more accurately, why isn't the text "Schedule" on the homepage a link to the schedule page... ...which is there?

Schedule

Quote Originally Posted by alangbaker View Post
    Why isn't the schedule available on the website?

Or more accurately, why isn't the text "Schedule" on the homepage a link to the schedule page... ...which is there?

Schedule
    If you are on their home page, click the link "About". From that page "Schedule" is an active link.

I jumped around their site a bit and the links seem to work on the "About" page, but not on all the other pages.

Default Why not make it easy for the new guys?

Quote Originally Posted by DanW View Post
    A Google search will reveal some of your questions answered here
    We all presume that the people reading these posts about upcoming events know where to go for the information. That is part of the reason why the sport isn't growing. If someone is perusing this site and contemplating buying or renting a car, we should make it easy for him/ her to go to our races and events. Why should they have to hunt for the information? If they have to hunt and can't easily find the info they need, they may become discouraged. If I am contemplating driving 1000 miles with my race car in tow, I want all the info laid out for me. I won't risk driving out there only to find out that there is a rule that prevents me from getting out on track. So, if I ask what seems to be a dumb question about an event and no one answers it to my satisfaction, I won't sign up and I won't take the risk of showing up and not being able to race. I know for a fact that there are other people that feel the same way.

12. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 341

Default Valuable information

Okay so I have to admit that finding all the information may not be the most intuitive. I was fortunate enough to have been working with Stewart Paterson and so the technical and logistical issues were taken care of. Basically I needed to get myself and my car where he said I needed to be and the rest was taken care of (its good to be the king).

So that said, here are the things you will need to know

Rulebook
    Here is the link to the rulebook from "the series" as near as I can tell (mind you I am new to this but despite the rumors [sure, all of them are started by me], I do know how to read) the major differences are a spec tire in the American Racer or Dunlop (unrestricted for rain but this is California in its worst drought in recorded history so you can likely leave those at home), class differentiation for vintage, club, and modern, and the Honda is not allowed. Here is the link... http://www.formulafordtheseries.com/...20Rulebook.pdf

Schedule
    The page on "the series" website is dates of the events. They also show that they are all run in concert with SVRA and/or VARA. Their sites will have all the other pertinent information for the timing and registration of the event. To make it easy, here is the SVRA page for the Button Willow event.

http://www.svra.com/events/2015-brit...nza-with-vara/

There is also a link there to VARA but to steal the thunder, go to:
    http://www.vararacing.com/#!british-extravaganza/c236y

There you will have links to see who is registered, prices, phone numbers, online as well as mail in registration forms etc.

If all else fails
    Richard has always responded to my emails about "the series" and I don't think it has ever taken more than 24 hours to get an email response from him. His email is listed at "the series" website at theseriesmgr at gmail.com (of course replace "at" with @ and remove the spaces on either side of at [but you likely knew that]).

Hope all of that information helps and again, I hope you make it out to give it a try. It is killing me that I don't get to go but seeing my son play at the Reno Jazz Festival will happen on a limited number of occasions and I will get to race at Button Willow again. I see that there are already 6 modern fords registered so it should be a good time.

Come on out, give it a try, and see if you like it. If so, join "the series" and I will see you in Fontana.

Eric

14. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 29

Default Formula Ford "The Series"

I have had the opportunity to run with Richard and 'the Series' on several occasions. It is fun and competitive. The depth of the fields and various level of cars/drivers pretty much assures everyone will have someone to race against all weekend.

My experience has been hard, close racing but with total respect for the other driver and their car. More importantly, my CWD appreciates the comradery of all the drivers, crews and the overall event.

If you happen to make the June race at Fontana you will have the added enjoyment of being part of SVRA's Southern California Historic Sports Car Festival. This is a wonderful event on its own but being part of it makes it all the better. (A couple year ago I got to talk one-on-one for about 5 minutes with childhood idol Bobby Unser. Awesome), Go to www.svra.com for more on this.

(CWD: Chief Wine Drinker, aka wife)

16. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 0

Link issues on homepage should be rectified now. The link buttons were hiding under an invisible layer, also please clear all cookies before reloading the website.

Richard is great at answering any questions. You can contact him at theseriesmgr@gmail.com with any inquiries. To my knowledge all newcomers with The Series have enjoyed their experience and find themselves back in the fray soon.

We have some very talented, clean and friendly drivers. Everybody from a former Indy Car driver, a Formula Atlantic race winner, a Team USA scholarship winner, solid Runoff contenders and solid local talent has enjoyed running with The Series. We always welcome new faces, bring out your car and run!

Liked: 246

If after reading the rules you have any questions let me know and I can help clarify. Basically if your car is between 81-09 for mod ford and is not modified beyond the 09 GCR for formula ford (not Honda) you should have no changes required except tires. Todd

Thread Information