Thread: Rod end washers

Liked: 5

Default Rod end washers

Whats everyone using for rod end retaining washers? The club I race in doesn't require them but out of saftey I'd like to use some sort of protection against a complete failure. This is what Pegasus offers https://www.pegasusautoracing.com/pr...8#ReviewHeader

Thanks

Liked: 123

I have been known to make those from bar stock, and I have been known to use two AN-960 washers under a hardware store washer. I have never been known to spend a couple of bucks on a washer - too Scottish, I guess

Brian

3. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 1398

You can make a good safety washer with a high collar lock washer (a lock washer for use under a socket head bolt) and a USS washer for a bolt one size smaller than the bolt you are using.

5. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 5

Thanks guys! That's exactly what I needed to know!

Liked: 303

I used the Pegasus items. Seemed expensive but you don't need many normally. They are of very high quality and fit is a close tolerance.

Thread Information