Liked: 83

Default SCCA Data Boxes Help needed at Road Atlanta

Arrangements have been made to have the SCCA AIM Solo data boxes at Road Atlanta for use on the FB cars, however help is needed at the track.
    The boxes are being shipped to Glen Cooper who will take them to the track. At the track we need at least 2 volunteers who will commit to putting the boxes on the cars at pre-grid and take them off after each session; a qualifying session and the races is the goal. The boxes must be placed on the required AIM mounting plate and taped over to the bodywork; sad experience has shown if this is not done the will launch themselves into the vast unknown.
    A log needs to be kept for each box on what car and session.
    The volunteers need to have enough free time to make this a priority.

Please note all FB cars competing in Majors are required to have the AIM data box mounting plates on the car. Failure to have the plates is grounds for disqualification just like any other breach of the rules.

If you are willing to help (we may need more that a couple of people to cover at least one qualifying and the 2 races) please either email me, PM, or post here and let's get this organized.
    If one person can be available to be the lead for the weekend that would be great.

This is the first time we have tried this so there may be some, rough spots to smooth out.

Thanks to JR and Glen for helping me get this started. I know the FB community has some questions this data will help to answer.

David

There has been no response to this so there will not be any data collection for FB at Atlanta.

David

Liked: 202

David - I sent you an email saying I'd help if you can't find anyone else.

Butch
    Butch Kummer
    2006, 2007, 2010 SARRC GTA Champion

Thanks Butch, you have an email from me.
    This needs to be handled by the FB community that needs the data to facilitate change and performance adjustments/balance. Admittedly this was a bit last minute and had the FB guys had more time we could have put it together. There will be more opportunities.
    Going forward we will be asking for help from various classes, notably P1, P2 to put together volunteers at races where significant date will be available. I'll be personally setting it up for the ThunderHill Major where we expect to see a couple of the potential front running P2 cars.

David

Thread Information