Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked: 11

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall Mauney View Post
    I don't think this is true. Look at total car count nationwide - SCCA by itself has a BIG chunk of the total racing market. How many of the roundy-rounds even use transponders?
    SCCA and car racing in general is a just a small part for AMB. They are into every other kind of racing: Bike, RC, Motorcycles, Marathons, etc. You name it they are into it. Worldwide too.

Liked: 177

Quote Originally Posted by Gary_T View Post
    How many people run marathons / triathalons / bicycle races / etc? Don't think AMB is just into motorsports.
    I'd venture to guess there are tens of thousands of them in use for RC racing around the globe as well.
    I race communist race cars.

"Smokey, this is not 'Nam. This is bowling, there are rules." - Walter Sobchak

Liked: 42

Just go on to mylaps and see all the events.

As with most businesses, the road racing side is hardly a blip on the radar.

Liked: 322

Quote Originally Posted by cooleyjb View Post
    Just go on to mylaps and see all the events.

As with most businesses, the road racing side is hardly a blip on the radar.
    Just go to their site and TRY to find a specific event! That is the worst website I have ever tried to use. Given that it is all about data I find it difficult to believe that you can't seem to search for an event name, or even narrow the list to a specific YEAR.
    -John Allen
    Tacoma, WA
    '82 Royale RP31M
    (‘72 Royale RP16 stolen in 2022)

5. The following 2 users liked this post:

Contributing Member
    Liked: 47

2 pages of discussion and I don't think we're any closer to understanding what the subscription actually gets you and if it's even required for basic operation.

7. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 177

Quote Originally Posted by mousecatcher View Post
    2 pages of discussion and I don't think we're any closer to understanding what the subscription actually gets you and if it's even required for basic operation.
    No joke! lol

All I know is that I want nothing to do with their website and a subscription would most surely require use of their website. They need to seriously work on that thing...
    I race communist race cars.

"Smokey, this is not 'Nam. This is bowling, there are rules." - Walter Sobchak

Contributing Member
    Liked: 47

I guess the reason is the X2 is not even actually for sale yet. At least I haven't found any resellers that have them.

Liked: 322

Quote Originally Posted by mousecatcher View Post
    From what I gather, the flex unit does require 'activation' via a usb to pc before it will send out a signal. I may be wrong on this, but that is how i read their documents. Luckily it looks like the older units do not require any subscriptions and should work with all track hardware.

There is another discussion that revolves around the hardware/software used at the track that records and sends the data to mylaps. My club apparently doesn't utilize mylaps so either way I should be ok. I have asked if they can test a new subscription unit with their hardware toensure it works the way I suspect. I also anticipate someone showing up with a newer unit that is out of subscription, thinking that they don't care about mylaps, only to find out that your unit doesn't send signal.

Who here has one of the newer units? Can you supply any info to the rest of us?

I can also foresee someone hacking the code to activate, or at least start the signal, of a newer unit.
    -John Allen
    Tacoma, WA
    '82 Royale RP31M
    (‘72 Royale RP16 stolen in 2022)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information