Liked: 105

Default Available Canadian Race Dates for US Drivers

Based on a couple of requests, I figured it would be easier to post this information.

I spoke to all even organizers, and sanctioning bodies, there is NO issue at all any US driver attending Canadian races as long as they have a valid race licence and their car has a valid (Current) SCCA Tech. Because of the US$ exchange rate, racing in Canada is 25% cheaper....

So if you are looking for some extra races or just to try a new track. I have posted the Schedule for FV F1200. The F1200 have their own grid, and there is no mixed group racing for F1200`s. Rules would be as per F1200 or Challenge Cup.

FST are welcome but would have to run in a Libre mixed class.

April 24-25 Spring Fling Test weekend* Shannonville

May 2-3 BEMC Event CTMP (Mosport)
    June 27-28 BARC Event CTMP (Mosport)
    July 18-19 DAC Event Shannonville
    Aug. 1-2 BARC Event CTMP (Mosport)
    Aug. 23-24 MCO Event Calabogie
    Sept. 26-27 CASC (CELEBRATION) Event CTMP (Mosport)

If you want any information, please feel to reach to myself or many other here on the forum would be will to help out.
    Noel Brigido
    Formula 1200 / FTDA

Liked: 20

Do you guys ever run Tremblant?
    Mark Filip

Contributing Member Steve Bamford's Avatar
    Liked: 619

Quote Originally Posted by fvracer27 View Post
    Do you guys ever run Tremblant?
    Not as part of the F1200 single class group they do not. There would be mixed class racing offered there if someone wanted to participate in a CASC weekend I believe.
    Steve Bamford

Liked: 120

Default F1200 at Tremblant

The format is Libre 1 and 2. F1600's in one group. Any tire. Everything else in Libre 2

IMO it would not be much fun in a F1200. Respectfully, too many faster cars around.

Calabogie (2 regionals this year,May and August) would be a better bet if F1200 has stand alone sessions.

KR

Have posted a little more detail in under the F1200 forum. Including an available set of Radials free to use for any US driving wanting to come up and try a race.
    Noel Brigido
    Formula 1200 / FTDA

Liked: 2

Default Any traction as a Canadian F1 warmup race?

I think the Canadian Vees were a warmup race 10-15 years ago... then the FF's...

Any hope of being a friday race for the Canadian GP in the future?

I think that would be a blast!

Fos

Quote Originally Posted by fos View Post
    I think the Canadian Vees were a warmup race 10-15 years ago... then the FF's...

Any hope of being a friday race for the Canadian GP in the future?

I think that would be a blast!

Fos
    The F1600 (FF) still run the F1 weekend in Montreal, and it seems to be a well attended event.

As for the F1200(FV) don't see it in the near future..The cost, from what I understand is a bit ridiculous.
    Noel Brigido
    Formula 1200 / FTDA

Liked: 100

Noel is correct the cost to run at F1 or Indy events is very expensive. That said, being the first year of the Challenge Cup if we saw good attendance this year for the series it would make it easier for us to plan for future events. Back in 1999 the Pro Vee Series ran at American Lemans weekend at Mosport it was a great weekend. So if we have say 25 to 30 cars a weekend this year I could see us trying to get into larger events for next year. Its all about support. As you know we are running in conjunction with the Pro 1600 series for 2 weekends and we will have almost 2 hours of track time with them.
    We have had lots of inquiries regarding the 2015 season and we have a sense that right now we should see 15 to 20 cars per event. I know that will make for some fun racing. We have also set up a Masters Class for drivers over 45 to complete for a masters championship as well as the overall championship. Any drivers that are on the fence feel free to contact me or Noel with any questions you have
    DERM

Liked: 2

Default VW corporate?

Anybody have contacts with VW corporate either Canada or US?

Some cash to take the edge off of the bigger events, get a grass roots swell...

The Jetta VW Fast figurines would make cool trophies!

Liked: 1115

Quote Originally Posted by nbrigido View Post
    The F1600 (FF) still run the F1 weekend in Montreal, and it seems to be a well attended event.
    Almost didn't happen this year because Bernie jacked the fee 200%. Marcel managed to work a miracle with his sponsors to keep our costs merely ridiculous.
    Caldwell D9B - Sold
    Crossle' 30/32/45 Mongrel - Sold
    RF94 Monoshock - here goes nothin'

Thread Information