Thread: Bead seat kits

Contributing Member
    Liked: 26

Default Bead seat kits

Hi all,

I have been trying to contact BSS to buy 4 bead seat kits. No answer and no return calls. does anyone know of another company who distributes bead seat kits and stretchy NOMEX? Thanks in advance

Contributing Member
    Liked: 862

Contact Primus Parts

727-804-7417
    ----------
    In memory of Joe Stimola and Glenn Phillips

Liked: 42

Quote Originally Posted by Blair Robertshaw View Post
    Hi all,

I have been trying to contact BSS to buy 4 bead seat kits. No answer and no return calls. does anyone know of another company who distributes bead seat kits and stretchy NOMEX? Thanks in advance
    I haven't talked to them in a while but I have a couple of small kits and one thing of nomex covers. I also have a medium kit.

Liked: 1112

Have you considered the SFI foam? A number of our drivers have gone that direction with very pleasing results at approximately the same cost. Aside from the ability to take more than one impact, a selling point is that lesser rigidity makes insertion and removal of the finished seat much easier. That's what my next seat will be.
    Caldwell D9B - Sold
    Crossle' 30/32/45 Mongrel - Sold
    RF94 Monoshock - here goes nothin'

Classifieds Super License BeerBudgetRacing's Avatar
    Liked: 1261

I got mine from Dean @
    http://motorsports-sw.com/site/custom-seat-kits/

Worked great. I do have a functional seat despite my own dysfunction ..... g

Tips. Some new some repeats from others (with emphasis)
    - Use cardboard or other means to prevent the foam from wrapping around frame tubes. It really holds on.....
    - Get your butt UP. I did but not enough and not long enough...
    The foam GROWS... ALOT. I was worried there wouldn't be enough to go up my back - wrong.
    - Sit for the 10 minutes. Warm (like you peed you pants) but bearable.
    Then get out and get the seat out. I waited too long.....
    - The electric knife is ok but weak. I think a cheap bread knife or Ginzu form a drug store would be just as effective.

Between the seat growing around the frame rails behind the shoulders and the fact that I waited too long it was tough to get out.....

Most people say you'll end up doing 2. Your first one and the one after you learn.
    I can see that but my seat is very functional and I'm even considering covering it...g

Liked: 14

I'd recommend EIS foam kits as they are for multiple impacts and the kit is the same price as a bead seat kit.
    -Head MRTI Indy Lights Mechanic: -Head SCCA USF4 Mechanic
    -Lead Cape Motorsports Mechanic: -Head PWC Audi R8 Mechanic
    -Lead IMSA LMP2 Mechanic

Liked: 5

The foam seats are easier and quicker to make too. I had one made for the my F600 and was very happy with it. I lived close to these guys at the time so I had them make the seat for me. They sell kits if you want to DIY or have a local shop do it.

https://www.rollbarpadding.com/product/id-23
    Chris Ross
    09 NovaKBS F600 #36 Powered by '09 600 Suzuki GSX-R
    "If all else fails, immortality can always be assured by spectacular error." John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked: 9

Default EIS Foam Kit Special-Spring

We are doing flat $20 shipping per kit for all lower (and eastern) 48 states from the first day of spring until tax day.

Dean
    Wolf GB08
    Austin
    www.motorsports-sw.com

9. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 9

Default Knife

A $10 Rapala fish filet knife works great. There are thin and low profile and go around curves nicely. Be careful[. Those suckers are very sharp!

QUOTE=BeerBudgetRacing;465788]I got mine from Dean @

- The electric knife is ok but weak. I think a cheap bread knife or Ginzu form a drug store would be just as effective.

[/QUOTE]
    Dean
    Wolf GB08
    Austin
    www.motorsports-sw.com

11. The following members LIKED this post:

Thread Information