Quote Originally Posted by Barry Pomfret View Post
I have a complete Ray FF1600 for sale, car has undergone a recent rebuild and comes complete with a Glenn Searle engine and good LD200 box. The chassis is the ex Alex Daniellsson Swedish championship winning car. It is currently fitted with Koni dampers and Weller steel rims however I also have several sets of Madin alloy rims available.
There are a huge number of spares including a recent rejigged chassis, a fresh spare Searle engine, complete set of bodywork, adaptor/bell housing, nose/crash box, radiators, rear uprights, wishbones, push rods, clutch slave cylinder, cv joints etc.
Car is located in the UK but can be shipped to the States.

Contact phone +44 1908 370112
The ad stated that the car had recently had been rebuilt. The car had several large areas with rust. The body panels were cracked, over 40% of the floor pan rivets were ground off from on off track incident, the fire bottle is 7 years past the service due date, The spare body work is not complete (the ad stated it was complete). The "complete set of body work" is missing at least 1/4 of key components, including the engine air scoop, front side panels, and a 24" x 14" hole is cut out of the side of the engine cover… (First picture kept loading upside down)
When I emailed the seller about each item, he stated tha the engine cover is from a different model car, he said in an email after I received the car, that I should have inquired more specifically. If the ad says "recent rebuild," how does that need further inquiry about the condition of the floor pan, body panels, and rust?
He also said that the spare body is from a completely different car and needs mods and that I should have inquired about the specifics of the "complete spare body", Really????
Barry is a crook. Regardless of how he may have acted in the past in other transactions, there are major discrepancies with what he stated compared to what I received. There are other glaring out right lies regarding the shipping costs that were quoted; including emails that Barry claimed that he was quoting the broker as saying the agent in Houston would only charge $100, but the bill was almost $2000 and the broker said that he never told Barry the fee would only be $100. I believe that based upon the whole series of lies in his emails, that particular lie was to expediate shipping the car. Once he received his payment, what recourse would I have about his lies and the shipping costs?