Thread: F1000 West?

Liked: 9

Default F1000 West?

If the published USF1000 2015 schedule doesn't seem to accommodate your 2015 plans please let me know. Western drivers are not surprisingly feeling left out and are seeking inclusion or alternatives.

So please, if your plans were to run an F1000 car in the West email me at rwcook3 at comcast.net and let's see what we can do together.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 26

So, what are the guys on the west coast going to do? what series? or what club events. there are 3 f1000's now here in Calgary, a few in Vancouver, many in Colorado, Utah. Have any other discussions been going on with respect to F1000 in the Pacific North West?

Should F1000 in Pac West think about aligning themselves with say a Vintage club? or the NW FC group? just tossing this out there. Not sure what I can do from here but am willing to try and help.

Bueller? Bueller?

Thanks.

Liked: 896

Quote Originally Posted by Blair Robertshaw View Post
    So, what are the guys on the west coast going to do? what series? or what club events. there are 3 f1000's now here in Calgary, a few in Vancouver, many in Colorado, Utah. Have any other discussions been going on with respect to F1000 in the Pacific North West?

Should F1000 in Pac West think about aligning themselves with say a Vintage club? or the NW FC group? just tossing this out there. Not sure what I can do from here but am willing to try and help.

Bueller? Bueller?

Thanks.
    Lots of SCCA Majors and regionals out west. The Pro series out west was run at SCCA Majors. You can still race exactly the same just not called Pro.
    Thanks ... Jay Novak
    313-445-4047
    On my 54th year as an SCCA member
    with a special thanks to every SCCA worker (NONE OF US WOULD RACE WITHOUT THE WORKERS)

Liked: 159

Default west coast F1000

You guys should form your own organization.....owned, and ran by the competitors. Something like CART did in pre irl days.....on a smaller scale of course.

You will all be at the races anyway....so have a meeting on race weekends....combine it with a social gathering. It is a small group....so run it as a true democracy. Take turns running the meetings. No single person needs to be in charge...or take on the responsibility.....or spend any personal money.

When a new competitor comes on the scene, he or she can become a member.....so the member/owners (think LLC) can always include all the competitors.

Run the Majors weekends for now. Collect a small fee for seperate trophies if you want....and maybe for meeting/social event snacks/drinks. If you want prize money, then it either comes from entry fees or what sponsorship can be found. That can come later. You can select a committee or individual to seek sponsorship.....but I would not let that be the deciding factor in keeping the series going this year.

If you want soneone to edit and post videos and/or maintain a website, that may require paying someone. Most competitors already have cameras on the cars, so the video is available without any expenditure or sponsorship.

A benevolent dictator would be nice, but no one is going to make money owning one of these minor pro series.....and when they don't, the series usually dies. It has happened way to many times.

Just my opinion.

Jerry

Liked: 8

Default F1000 West?

Personally I thought combining the east and west was done so we could have all the F1000 series teams at all the events increasing the numbers and making this series better. I see by all these posts that is not going to be the case .... The F1000 races seem to favor the east side of the country. How many west coast teams are going to participate ? I am curious to know this. Not looking good.
    Jason Bell
    STOHR 2013
    F1000
    f1000bwracing@highwaysystemsinc.com

Liked: 273

Default Zero participation

Quote Originally Posted by Jasonrmbell View Post
    Personally I thought combining the east and west was done so we could have all the F1000 series teams at all the events increasing the numbers and making this series better. I see by all these posts that is not going to be the case .... The F1000 races seem to favor the east side of the country. How many west coast teams are going to participate ? I am curious to know this. Not looking good.
    The number will likely be ZERO west coast cars participating on the east coast (except for Daytona Runoffs) and don't expect many from the west to be there.

Nicholas Belling and Thomas Copeland started the F1000 Pro series which turned into the US F1000 series when Mike B took over. Maybe Copeland will start his own series next year?

The F1000 drivers on the west coast saw this coming. Most of the Stohr cars that began life out here have gone to Australia. Many of the car owners in Utah and Colorada are no longer making the trek out to compete in West Coast F1000 series races like we saw 2 or 3 years ago.

John Labrie, Larry Vollum, Randy Cook, myself, and maybe 1 or 2 other cars will show up for the Majors races out here. We're still running the same events but maybe we won't be under the US F1000 Series banner.

Trust me that this will be a good season. Labrie is finally getting in the groove with his new car, and Vollum will be out with his new Phoenix...wait till you see this car! Randy Cook is doing some demon tweaks to his JDR and who knows Ross Wolf may finally show up and be a threat.

I forgot to mention Jose Gerardo. He will be driving the new Galmer sometime this year. Pretty certain it's a Suzuki powered car. According to Alan Mertens at Galmer they have no plans to run a factory car.
    Last edited by ghickman; 01.31.15 at 4:13 PM. Reason: forgot Jose
    Gary Hickman
    Edge Engineering Inc
    FB #76

7. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 8

Default F1000 West?

Not real happy to see this. We need to change this and get it back together. Central series would be good. Any ideas ?
    Jason Bell
    STOHR 2013
    F1000
    f1000bwracing@highwaysystemsinc.com

9. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 706

Quote Originally Posted by ghickman View Post
    Nicholas Belling and Thomas Copeland started the F1000 Pro series which turned into the US F1000 series when Mike B took over.
    Just to clarify, I didn't take over the F1000 Pro Series. The three of us merged our two series and Nicholas and I are now equal partners in the US Formula 1000 Championship.
    Mike Beauchamp
    RF95 Prototype 2

Get your FIA rain lights here:
    www.gyrodynamics.net/product/cartek-fia-rain-light/

Liked: 159

Default west series

I hope something can be done. Mike is doing a good job of running things east of the mississippi......but it was good to look forward to east and west getting together for a shootout.

The country is just to big for one series to cover both coast. The travel time and cost really limits who can make all the races....and we need to build the numbers. A seperate east and west series with a shootout was/is a good workable arrangement. It would be good if that shootout was in the middle somewhere.

If the west does get going, maybe we could allow the Colorado guys (and others) to count races from either east or west.

Jerry

12. The following members LIKED this post:

Thread Information