Liked: 280

Default Possilbe Additional DUFFUS race

Hi,

The New Jersey Motorsports Park has invited the DUFFUS series to race in support of the ARCA race that is being held on the Thunderbolt Circuit on May 22 & 23. This is a very different type of event and carries a pretty hefty financial burden. So, we have a couple of things to ask of you before we can make a commitment to the track.

Please bear in mind that DUFFUS is not a for profit enterprise. We just try to arrange for single class races, extra track time and all the proceeds go to the region/track/event organizer. In order to make this a viable event we would need at least 20 entries to actually show up. So, the first thing we need to know is who would REALLY be willing to attend if we could arrange this?

Also, the track is requiring a up front deposit for the track fee. If you want to do this race and we can setup a preliminary entry point (on DLB Racing for example); would you be willing to pay a portion of the entry fee in advance?

If you are really interest and willing to make the commitment to race at NJMP on Memorial Day weekend, please let us know by replying to this thread in the next week to ten days.

Thanks,

Joe Marcinski
    1977 Royale RP24 Club Ford

Liked: 20

I would commit with upfront money .........and of course would go....really like NJMP.

Liked: 127

What would the entry fee be approximately?
    Will Velkoff
    Van Diemen RF00 / Honda FF

Liked: 157

Default I will commit

As long as entry fee is at or under $500.

Default Possible Additional DUFFUS race

Will & Steve,

The entry fee really depends upon the number of cars that will show up. The track fee is $10K and the SCCA sanction/insurance fee will be approximately $54 per car.

So if 20 cars commit/enter; then the entry fee would be $554. If 25 cars commit/enter; then the entry fee would be $454.

The track fee is non-negotiable and so unless we show up in sufficient numbers; I would be on the hook for whatever the shortfall to the track might be. I have promised my three cohorts that it would not cost us any money to do this beyond our own entry fees and normal race expenses.

In other words, the entry fee would be no more expensive than it needs to be to satisfy the track and SCCA/SJR commitments. I do not want to be obtuse or nebulous regarding the entry fee. What is written above are the simple facts and factors that will control the entry fee.

I hope that helps.

Thanks,

Joe M.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 302

Default Maybe

Put me down for maybe for this. I like NJ, haven't been there in a few years, my sister lives near by so I could crash on her coach and get her to crew, need a FF race in May. So I just have to go over the full schedule to see how it fits in.

But with my job all races are a maybe. I got on a plane last nigth knowing that my return flight had already been canceled due to the snow flurries expected in the Northeast. But when asked to be somewhere on Monday, I go there on Monday. Worry about getting home later.

Ed

Default How long do you have to commit?

Joe, I love the honest open communication. The reason I put a cap on what I would pay is to avoid being one of 10 people, each having to pony up a grand. Or more.

Default Possible Additional DUFFUS race

No problem Steve,

This thread is here to gage the interest level so that we can decide if we can accept this invitation. We did not have this kind of a fixed expense hurdle to get over last year, so it was much easier for us to commit to a race date.

I don't think we should try and go if we cannot get at least 20 cars for two reasons. The first reason is of course the financial aspect because I don't want to pay a $1K entry fee either (even though I would really like to get one of those horse's hind end trophies!). The second reason is that we would really like to put on a good show. We had really good racing last season even when though the field was thinner than we had hoped.

But, it would certainly be better to have twice as many cars out there racing.

At this moment we have 5 cars in addition to Steve, Will (if the entry fee is okay) and Eddie (if he doesn't get snowed in). So, we still have quite a ways to go but we will wait until the end of next week before we gat back to the track.

Thanks,

Joe M.

Contributing Member

Default May in Jersey

Joe,

Airlines finally decided they could fly me back from KY yesterday and I checked my schedule. The May event is a go for me if you can pull it off.

Ed

PS. too bad your KY flash mob event wasn't this weekend I coudl have just stayed and done it. Oops, I didn't have my car with me and it is the middle of winter.

Liked: 127

Hey Joe,

Any updates on this? We should start promoting this event now so we can get a good turnout. When will registration open?

My car is on its way back together so I fully plan on being there.

Thanks,

Will
    Will Velkoff
    Van Diemen RF00 / Honda FF

Default Definite DUFFUS race at NJMP

Hi Will,

The race on Memorial Day weekend at New Jersey Motorsports Park on May 22 & 23 in support of the ARCA Stock Cars is a go. I am working with Mike Allenbaugh, the track manager, on the contract provisions and schedule now. We should be able to publish a schedule in the next day or two. I had been waiting until we had a contract and schedule to begin the promotional effort to avoid having to answer questions that I did not have answers for.

The ARCA Stock Car series is the headline event and Pro IT and DUFFUS will be the support events. I understand that there is a possibility that there may be a contingent of Spec Racer Fords running as well. Each group will have its own run sessions and we are racing on the Thunderbolt circuit. It should be a really fun weekend and I am anxious to begin talking about it so we can generate interest and attract a good field.

The entry fee will be $500. The track has been extremely accommodating and considerate so there is no need to worry about a larger entry fee if we don't get a good sized field. NJMP really wants us to be there so I am hoping we can get a high level of support from the FF/CF drivers.

As I mentioned, we are still working on the schedule, but we will definitely have three races as part of our program. I plan on reaching out to the VRG Formula Ford and Club Ford drivers as well to see if they would like an opportunity to race that weekend. So, as soon as we have a schedule I will step up the promotion effort.

Thanks,

Joe Marcinski
    1977 Royale RP24 Club Ford

Default 22nd and 23rd ?

Joe,

22nd and 23rd are Friday and Saturday. Am I right in assuming that load in is Thursday afternoon/evening. And there is nothing on Sunday or Monday? I am just trying to work this all out

Steve

Contributing Member

Default Schedule

I plan on being there. Just like Steve wondering on schedule.

Ed

Contributing Member Terry Hanushek's Avatar
    Liked: 59

Steve

22nd and 23rd are Friday and Saturday. Am I right in assuming that load in is Thursday afternoon/evening. And there is nothing on Sunday or Monday? I am just trying to work this all out
    Good catch. The dates should be 23-24 May (Saturday / Sunday).

Terry

Default Definite Additonal DUFFUS race

My apologies; I should not try to reply while rushing off to an airport. The race dates are May 23 & 24 (Saturday and Sunday). There is no on track activity on Monday. As I mentioned, not all of the details such as on track times and load in are not yet finalized, but should be ironed out in the next few days.

Joe Marcinski

Liked: 73

Default Commit

We plan to be there. It may be Max racing, not sure yet.
    JD
    Zink Z10

Liked: 29

Default Two more

Angela and I plan on bringing our FFs

Cheers,
    Dave Gernert

Default Few more questions

Joe, no pressure, answer when you have the details

1) Will it be SCCA sanction and insurance?

2) Will I be able to get through tech without a current annual?

thanks

Steve

Contributing Member Terry Hanushek's Avatar
    Liked: 59

Steve

1) Will it be SCCA sanction and insurance?

2) Will I be able to get through tech without a current annual?
    1) The event will be conducted with an SCCA Club Racing sanction and SCCA insurance.

2) SCCA tech inspectors will be at the event and should be able to perform an annual for you. If not, arrangements will be made. It won't be a problem.

Terry

Liked: 73

Default Who's in?

The weather is fine and us Northeasterners are awakening from the winter chill.
    Who else will be at NJMP?
    JD
    Zink Z10

Liked: 20

Assuming the Creek don't rise and the good lord willing....I'll be there. Looking forward to it.

Hi,

Sorry for the delayed reply and thanks to Terry for answering Steve's question. The race is definitely going to happen. Terry is working through the SCCA sanction process and it should be complete in a day or two. As soon as we have the sanction number I will begin a new thread for DUFFUS Race #1 for 2015.

Joe Marcinski
    Royale RP24 Club Ford #04

Contributing Member

Default Read to enter

Joe - just let us know when we can register. I have a blank check read to send in.

Ed

Liked: 9

Joe,

Will you be running your Royale?

Thanks Ed! I hope we have 24 or 25 more drivers who feel the same way!!!

Max, I promise that the trailer will be there with the Royale in it...........I am not sure it will be ready to race, but it will be there in whatever state it happens to be in. I am pushing hard to get it finished. The problem is with the guy putting it together; he is so damn particular that it makes things move a bit slowly

Joe M.

Liked: 5

[Max, I promise that the trailer will be there with the Royale in it...........I am not sure it will be ready to race, but it will be there in whatever state it happens to be in. I am pushing hard to get it finished. The problem is with the guy putting it together; he is so damn particular that it makes things move a bit slowly

Joe M.[/QUOTE]

Joe - don't forget: There's another "damn particular" guy in North Jersey who is willing to come to VA and help move things along...
    Maureen Harris
    FF crew (Joby Graham)

Liked: 9

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Marcinski View Post
    Thanks Ed! I hope we have 24 or 25 more drivers who feel the same way!!!

Max, I promise that the trailer will be there with the Royale in it...........I am not sure it will be ready to race, but it will be there in whatever state it happens to be in. I am pushing hard to get it finished. The problem is with the guy putting it together; he is so damn particular that it makes things move a bit slowly

Joe M.
    Sounds good, hopefully it'll be race ready

Liked: 6

Default I've been hibernating

I've been away from this site for a while and just heard about DUFFUS. I will not be able to make the NJMP May event, but I'm looking forward to Pittsburgh in October for sure. I've always said the more the merrier, but it's no fun for me running around last on the pro circuit.

Hi Keith,

Pittsburgh is probably the ideal weekend for a club racer. You get two practice sessions, a qualifying session and three races. And in between your sessions you get to watch Pro F1600, F2000, FAtlantic and the really interesting GT & Touring cars that run with NARRA.

Looking forward to meeting you.

Joe M.

Liked: 6

Default car counts?

I know no one has a crystal ball (that works at least) and stuff happens, but what would a guess be for the car count at the DUFFUS August Summit Point race? I'm looking at my race calendar and trying to make some plans. I'd entertain races farther away if there were more cars expected.

Thanks

Hi Keith,

Based upon our last two Formula Fest/DUFFUS races at Summit Point we are expecting no less than 20 cars and more likely at 25 this year based upon the feedback that we have received. And that doesn't count you!

Please consider joining us; the Formula Fest/DUFFUS race at Summit Point this year is gong to be really special. Lots and lots of single class track time racing and a Performance Driving eXperience for you and crew if you so choose. Please stay tuned to this site and will be providing more details as the event gets closer.

Thanks,

Joe Marcinski

Thread Information