Liked: 5

Default Report on the Florida Majors?

Anyone want to talk about the rest of the story for both Florida Majors. IF you guys don't post what actually happened no one here will ever know . . . . .

Liked: 30

Did something particular happen? It looks like a handful of two stroke cars and heard one of the races the top 3 were within 1 sec at the finish but that's about it.

You know the two stroke crowd doesn't post over hear.

Liked: 3

"#5 - Penalized to last in class per GCR 9.1.D.2"

This is probably the story Jim is looking for.

Liked: 30

Quote Originally Posted by Sully View Post
    "#5 - Penalized to last in class per GCR 9.1.D.2"

This is probably the story Jim is looking for.
    Weight and Dimensions?

Hardly seems like a big deal!

Liked: 72

I dont think anyone on this forum really cares.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 98

Default I'm Interested

It appears that no one on formula500.org is talking either.
    Marty

Liked: 227

Formula500.org is slowly dying. EFCN has been looking for someone to take it over since last summer. F500.us is alive and well. It is focused exclusively on the 2-strokes.

Apex may not care too much about us, but if/when Formula500.org dies, this will be the only place for combined F500/600 news and info.

Regarding Sebring, Chris Smith was racing a new-to-him car for the first time and got DQ'd for being underweight. The stewards did everything they could to help him out, re-weighing the car multiple times from different directions, but they could not get a weight close enough to not DQ the car. Chris was 2nd before the DQ.

3 cars crossed the line in close proximity, but they were not racing for the win. The first 2/3 of the race was a blast, with Chris, Jeremey Morales, and me trading places multiple times. A well-timed yellow in turn 17 helped me get enough of a gap to stay ahead until Chris and Jeremy "came together" at the Hairpin shortly thereafter. Jeremy didn't finish, but Chris was able to get back going and finish the race.

Thank you, Cory, for this race report. How much was Chris under weight?

Any thing to report on for the other races? How do you like the 593? What do you think
    is the biggest difference in comparison to the 493/494?

Any other drivers want to post their experiences at these races?

Jim

Liked: 3787

Little birds are saying that the 593 will be the only engine to have at Daytona with the current restrictor rules.

Liked: 3

Quote Originally Posted by cory mcleod View Post
    Formula500.org is slowly dying. EFCN has been looking for someone to take it over since last summer. F500.us is alive and well. It is focused exclusively on the 2-strokes.

Apex may not care too much about us, but if/when Formula500.org dies, this will be the only place for combined F500/600 news and info.
    I recently created a Facebook group that I hope will be more of a virtual social gathering location. I'm an autocrosser hopefully turning road racer this year and the autocrossing community is very active on FB. Event weekends usually fill up my news feed with pics and stories. I'm hoping the FB F5/FModified group will do the same.

The EFCN group and the F-Modifed group have been dead for a while. Maybe a combined effort will be better.

www.facebook.com/groups/360619197459057/

Liked: 227

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Frog View Post
    Little birds are saying that the 593 will be the only engine to have at Daytona with the current restrictor rules.

and little birds NEVER have personal and/or profit motivated agendas.

Quote Originally Posted by Sully View Post
    I recently created a Facebook group that I hope will be more of a virtual social gathering location. I'm an autocrosser hopefully turning road racer this year and the autocrossing community is very active on FB. Event weekends usually fill up my news feed with pics and stories. I'm hoping the FB F5/FModified group will do the same.

The EFCN group and the F-Modifed group have been dead for a while. Maybe a combined effort will be better.

www.facebook.com/groups/360619197459057/
    Along with the F600 Challenge sites:

www.theformula600challenge.com

and the FB page - https://www.facebook.com/Formula600Challenge

Jim

Liked: 72

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Frog View Post

Yes, that's true...........If you can tune it the 593 is and has been the motor to beat since its introduction to the class. Drivers that have put that motor into their cars have been a lot faster than they were with a 494 or 493. I don't think scca will change anything with the 593 in the near future regardless of its dominating performance either.

Thread Information