Liked: 280

Default DUFFUS 2015 schedule

Hi,

We are pleased to announce that we have three races currently scheduled for the DUFFUS series in 2015. We are going about this in a little bit different way than we did last year, but we believe that you will like what we are doing.

The first DUFFUS event will be of the "flash mob" nature. Dave Harmison, Phil Kingham, Doug Fisher and I are going to attend the Cincinatti Region Double Regional at the new track at the National Corvette Museum in Bowling Green, Kentucky on June 12, 13 & 14. There is no special consideration for the Formula F/Club Ford group here, but we are hoping that prospect of at least four drivers showing up will attract other drivers to join us. And, you will get to visit the National Corvette Museum as well!

The second DUFFUS event will be at Summit Point Raceway on August 1 & 2. This IS a special event as it is a restricted regional that is comprised of three formula car race groups in combination with a Peformance Driving eXperience event. The Washington DC Region has created this event as an experiment. FF/CF & Formula VEE as well as one other formula car group will have their own race groups. The current schedule will give each group a single qualifying session and then FOUR races during the weekend. The PDX event will make if possible for crew or family members to participate in on track sessions in street cars between the formula car sessions.

The third event will be at Pittsburgh International Raceway on October 16, 17 & 18. This event will be in support of the Formula Race Promotions Pro F1600/F2000/FAtlantic series finale as well as the NARRA season finale. This will be held on the new "long" course which will be completed this spring.

There is one other possible event that DUFFUS has been invited to, but we need to review the financial aspects before we can announce anything regarding that so we will follow up on that shortly.

We are going to continue to award kill stickers to the podium finishers after each race of the weekend. Trophies will be awarded to the podium finishers of the final race of the weekend.

We hope this combination of events will be very appealing to our fellow FF/CF drivers and will be providing additional details on each event in the near future. So, please let us know what you think or if you have any questions.

Best regards,

Joe Marcinski
    1977 Royale RP24 Club Ford

Liked: 157

Default RP24

Joe,

Will we see the RP24? and are there spy shots of the rebuild/restoration?

I will try to make one of the events. Not sure which one yet?

Steve

Liked: 127

Would love to do Summit, but I have a wedding to attend that weekend. Definitely looking forward to the new Pitt Race long course in October!
    Will Velkoff
    Van Diemen RF00 / Honda FF

Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 492

Joe,
    I am tentatively putting the Aug 1-2 Summit into my 2015 schedule.
    I must admit that going to the swamp that is that part of the country in the depths of summer is a daunting thought but what the hell, once more into the deep !
    A good reason, if not to say excuse, to hydrate heavily !

Liked: 42

Would love to join you guys for the 'flash mob' in Bowling Green, but

as usual, as luck would have it, there's a little race going on at RA the same weekend I need to attend, besides the allure of SVRA at IMS............-why does all the good stuff always end up on the same weekends ?????

Need to try to get me on of them 'kill ' stickers

Keep up the good work Joe, look forward to the next announcement also.
    FFCoalition.com
    Marc Blanc

Steve, Will, Mike & Marc,

Thanks for the replies. Trying to resolve/solve date conflicts is a bit of a problem, but hopefully enough of us can find the time to make some of the events. I believe that a lot of regions will be watching what happens at Summit Point to see if this kind of a format can draw enough entries to make it financially viable. It is my hope that this will be really successful so that other regions with poorly attended races might see an opportunity to schedule something like this for the purpose built race car classes.

The Royale is coming along nicely. I will post some pictures next week when I finish up installing the bulkheads, floor pan and side panels. The engine and gearbox are done so it is just a matter of making all the bolts and nuts touch one another.

Joe M.

Contributing Member Mark Walthew's Avatar
    Liked: 34

Joe I will be at Summit Point. It will be great fun. Thank you for organizing this.
    Mark

Liked: 20

Looking forward to these races. Great work Joe..... and thanks !

Liked: 313

And remember, the DUFFUS series could be your ticket to fame (but not fortune).

A friend called me Saturday morning to tell me he had just seen me in a trailer for a show on Velocity channel called "Wheels That Fail". The epic Dave leaping Wes video from Mid Ohio.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iilR3ldnLE

at the 11 second mark.

Liked: 20

Dave....
    Andy Warhol was right.

Liked: 78

I am going to run Summit and thinking about Pittsburgh.

Derek

Liked: 64

Dave,
    I've made so much money off this, I was able to buy a new car and go National racing this year! Actually... just kidding. But I do have a Media agent in Los Angles and I'm a You Tube celebrity! All thanks to the DUFFUS Series!!! Want to be famous race with the DUFFUS Series!!!

Default DUFFUS 2015 schedule

It's a pretty thin line between famous and infamous.................... But, I don't remember seeing Lewis Hamilton or Sebastion Vettel on Good Morning America last year!

Wes, I hope that we will see you at the June event in Bowling Green. It is right in your backyard. I still think you should stick with the "Garlits" style exhaust. Just have the welder take out the kinks and flattened parts. I bet it helps with the downforce a bit...........

Joe M.

Liked: 42

Dave and Wes,

Just saw your video clip on TV, in a clip promoting Velocity channel's upcoming show, I think called "Wheels gone wrong". Show doesn't air for a while yet, so plenty of time to maintain your fame. Maybe it should be renamed "Duffus gone wrong"
    FFCoalition.com
    Marc Blanc

Default 4th DUFFUS Race

Hi,

Thanks to the kind folks at New Jersey Motorsports Park and the South Jersey Region of the SCCA; we can announce that there will be additional race this season. DUFFUS will be racing at NJMP on May 23 & 24 (Saturday & Sunday of Memorial Day weekend) in support of the ARCA race that weekend.

We don't have a detailed schedule yet, but we can announce that the entry fee will $500 per car regardless of the number of entries that we have. As soon as the contract is completed we will get a schedule worked out, but I see no reason why we cannot at the very least have our normal DUFFUS weekend which will be a qualifying session and at least three races.

More details to follow.

Best regards,

Joe Marcinski
    1977 Royale RP24

Liked: 127

Sounds great Joe, I'll plan on being there!
    Will Velkoff
    Van Diemen RF00 / Honda FF

Liked: 64

Hi Joe and Dave,
    I'm very excited about a new track in my backyard!!! I have only seen it from the interstate, but it should be 1st class. I will definitely be there, unless I decide to make the pilgrimage to the Sprints.

Liked: 5

Default Formula Fest 2015

Joe, this was posted this week as well as tweeted: http://formulaveeracing.org/2015/02/...orsports-park/

Liked: 73

Default Yes!!

We plan on arranging our schedule to try to hit at least two races this year, most likely Summit and NJMP as of now.
    Thanks Joe for all that you do.
    JD
    Zink Z10

Liked: 61

Default Not crazy enough

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Harmison View Post
    And remember, the DUFFUS series could be your ticket to fame (but not fortune).

A friend called me Saturday morning to tell me he had just seen me in a trailer for a show on Velocity channel called "Wheels That Fail". The epic Dave leaping Wes video from Mid Ohio.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iilR3ldnLE

at the 11 second mark.
    Last summer I came to a Pro race at M-O and got in a demoltion derby with you guys! No way am I coming out there again! You guys play rough.

Seriously, we are finalizing our schedule and may be able to catch the PA race. Would love to run with you guys again. Roux, not so much....Rand, warn me which event you choose, please.

Bob Melvin

Hi Bob,
    As said in post #4 above, Summit Point Aug 1-2 is, as of right now anyway, a definite for me and really looking forward to supporting Joe and partners and DUFFUS for the work and initiative.
    Knowing the task they have taken on all to well I am happy to go play in their sandbox !
    Let's see, in my pitiful excuse for a memory I cannot think of the last time I competed at Summit, I mean actually raced there, might be back in 1990 when I was briefly GM of SVRA and Lee Chapman and I won the so called endure, run over an hour, I started and finished Lee took the middle stint, in his really fun and fast Lotus Super 7. That thing as like a front engines FF, just a blast to drive. Those 18 minute stints were way to short but great regardless, seems to me there were 911s and the usual assortment of vintage/historic production based sports cars.
    However, I did run in what I think was Summit Points very first National in spring of 1970, in a Brabham BT21/Cosworth SCA Formula C car, and failing memory kicks in again, but it seems to me Summit was not yet 2 miles and the carousel was added that year or the next to extend the original 1.75, but for sure someone on this website will have the information.
    So Bob, Aug 1-2 it is, see you there ?
    And THANKS Joe and gents for the opportunity !

Liked: 73

Default Summit 1970

Mike,
    My dad snapped these pics at Summit Point in 1970, not sure if it was April or September's race, although he had them developed in Sep 1970 according to photo edge marking.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    JD
    Zink Z10

Contributing Member Steve Demeter's Avatar
    Liked: 909

What is the car in the second pic that appears to have both front and rear high mounted wings??

Really brings back memories from long ago.

Steve, JD,
    I love those shots, the car in the second shot with high front and rear wings is Summit Point regular Pete Sherman in a Lola T142 FA car, he finished 4th OA and was the only FA car entered in the Spring 1970 race.
    The black #23 FB car is Bob Welch, at that time an Eastern Airlines pilot, the car would be a 1969 Brabham BT29, Bob won FB and Overall that day.
    For what it is worth I finished 5th OA and won FC that same day.
    Welch won the Fall race in FB as did Sherman in FA but there was actually another FA car there, a Crossle 15F.
    FC in the Fall race went to Wayne Ricciardi, I didn't run the fall event as I didn't need to since NeDiv points and my and Harry Reynolds Runoffs invitation were locked in by then.
    I have results sheets from both, in fact all the 1970 through 1974 Nationals, well the ones I ran.
    JD, see if you have any photos or slides of car #47, a high rear winged Brabham BT21 FC car.
    High wings were banned beginning for the 1971 season but when you had one mounted directly on the rear uprights the downforce was remarkable, even with the probably crummy profiles and lack of side plates of the day.
    These two shots could have been either spring or fall 1970 Summit Point National as both cars and drivers ran and won their classes in both event.

Contributing Member Steve Demeter's Avatar
    Liked: 909

And that was when FA meant small block V8 engines with way too much hp for the tires and chassis, if too much hp is possible.

One had to be a shoe to drive one of those monsters competently.

Thread Information