Liked: 53

Default American Racer tires

I know this has probably been discussed. How do the new American Racer tires stack up to the Hoosier tires?
    G. Brian Metcalf
    72 AutoD MK4
    1991 Mysterian M2
    2014 ALR73 FV/FST

Senior Member Diamond Level Motorsports's Avatar
    Liked: 93

The AR's have less side wall rigidity, compared to the Hoosiers, so they flex more.

They also tend to leak air over night which some people find annoying.

They are a harder compound so the grip levels are slightly less. (about 2 seconds a lap slower)

I have found them to be very consistent all the way down to when the cord is showing (20-25 cycles)

They cost around $500.00 a set.

IMHO they are Awesome and should be the spec tire for FV.
    Scott

3. The following 2 users liked this post:

Liked: 18

Default ARS Reliable

Thw FRCCA uses American Racers as our spec tires for our special classes. The ARS company has been providing quality tire to us since 1992. The drivers have found the best time to set lap records is when the tires are nearly worn-out! Plus when everybody is on the same tire does the time matter or is the competition more challeging and affordable? Finally,The less a driver spends on tires the more they have for entry fees.

5. The following 3 users liked this post:

Liked: 68

Talk to Troy at Boubin Tire. I can't speak to the FV tire, but the 20/8x13 and the 21.5/10x13 we use on our DSR have been improved from the initial versions that had the flexi sidewalls and were leaky. These tires now have a stiffer carcass and a softer compound - still not Hoosier soft and sticky, but pretty good. They seem to wear well and are consistent as they wear - and the price is hard to beat.

Troy is always looking for feedback from SCCA types and AR seems to be seeking to improve their product to gain more road race business.
    Craig Butt

Liked: 0

Default American Racer tires

How much are American Racer tires for FV nowadays? I'm having a bit of trouble finding them for sale online.

I'm selling leftover, new American Racer tires/slicks on ebay right now and have no idea what to price them at.

Liked: 58

Default American Racer

last set of fronts purchased in April 2017 were 109 ea.

Would guess rears are an extra 10 based on past purchases.

Dietmar
    Quixote Racing

Liked: 98

I found the American Racer FV tires here. $100.23 for the fronts (JCCEJ), and $109.50 for the rears (JCCEK). So a set would be $419.46.

Also available here, but no price.

Liked: 0

Thanks! I listed both the front and rears @ $75 on ebay JCCEK / JCCEJ (6 of each) with Best Offer option (mention Apexspeed) in case anyone needs new slicks. Thanks again.

Thread Information