Liked: 64

Default Engine parts and builder for a Sunbeam Alpine???

Hi All,
    I know it's not a formula car. But a friend asked me where to buy engine parts for a Sunbeam Alpine? It's a 1967 1725cc that has been in his family since new. His Dad actually raced it with the SCCA years ago. Any good engine builders anyone can recommend?
    Thanks Wes Allen

Liked: 3787

Any good Kent builder can handle it.

Quicksilver, Cricket Farm Motors, Ivey, Elite, Williams, etc.

Liked: 2

(as related to me by a friend that vintage races several Sunbeam Alpines)

the place to buy parts is either Sunbeam Specialties on the west coast or Classic Sunbeam in New York.
    If you needs pistons have Venolia make them. They'll make flat tops for higher compression. Fast turn around, too.

Delta Cams can regrind the cam and surface the lifters. Typically, for more performance people opt for the "KB" grind.
    A chevy Rod conversion (6 cyl. rod) isn't a bad change particularly when combined with the Venolia pistons. Lighter rods better connecting rod bolt selection.

If you really want to go to extremes, Williams in England makes a really nice H-beam rod for the Alpine. They are fairly reasonably priced.
    Last edited by noviceracer; 01.16.15 at 3:50 PM. Reason: Added info

Liked: 11

Default Engine Builder

Quote Originally Posted by Wes Allen View Post
    Hi All,
    I know it's not a formula car. But a friend asked me where to buy engine parts for a Sunbeam Alpine? It's a 1967 1725cc that has been in his family since new. His Dad actually raced it with the SCCA years ago. Any good engine builders anyone can recommend?
    Thanks Wes Allen

Bill Schlossnagel is a good Vintage engine and car guy. 619-588-6368

San Diego area.

Tony Moore

Liked: 58

There is a mid to late 60's Chrysler product (Colt?) that used an Alpine engine. I think the cam and compression may have been different but the block and lower end was the same.

Might still be able to fine some junkyard parts that way. Also little things like head gaskets and such might be sourced cheaper as Chrysler than Roots.

Good luck!

Thread Information