Liked: 18

Default 2015 Ted Powell Heads Up...

It seems there is a "wedding of the century" happening in Calabogie during the Ted Powell weekend. Don't expect to roll into town and get your regular room.
    Arnprior, Renfrew and a 30min. drive to Kanata might be good options if you are stuck.

Liked: 105

Yep, they are saying most hotel rooms are already booked!
    Noel Brigido
    Formula 1200 / FTDA

Liked: 22

I am not sure if this year’s F1200 calendar is set in stone yet, but I believe CASC is visiting Calabogie twice in 2015. Would the earlier weekend be a better bet?

Let me reiterate...
    Kanata (a suburb of Ottawa) is 30 min. away, on mostly 4 lane highway.
    There are plenty of big chain hotels there...and the very nice "Brookstreet"...if that's your scene.
    Ton's of great restaurants to choose from.

Contributing Member Ty_Handke_83's Avatar

Kevin, how fast are you driving?
    It will take a bit more than half an hour from Kanata though, probably more like 45-50 minutes depending on traffic once you get onto 508/511... And remember, the local constabulary are a bit more frequent on race weekends as well.
    (Not trying to discourage anyone, just want to make sure the information is out there)

It's about 25-30 minutes from the track to Renfrew or Arnprior. With Renfrew having more selection of amenities.
    Coming from Toronto, Perth is another option, also about 45-50 minutes from the track.
    Ty Handke

HMST Inc.

Fair enough...45 min. Still worth it and beats sleeping in your trailer (or at least my trailer).

Liked: 36

Quote Originally Posted by Ty_Handke_83 View Post
    Kevin, how fast are you driving?
    It will take a bit more than half an hour from Kanata though, probably more like 45-50 minutes depending on traffic once you get onto 508/511... And remember, the local constabulary are a bit more frequent on race weekends as well.
    (Not trying to discourage anyone, just want to make sure the information is out there)

It's about 25-30 minutes from the track to Renfrew or Arnprior. With Renfrew having more selection of amenities.
    Coming from Toronto, Perth is another option, also about 45-50 minutes from the track.

I head Ottawa direction after races like Kevin,hes a bloody maniac in his Toyota,passed me on Hwy 7 from Mosport doing 130 KPH,hence the times/distance he posted are off a bit!He is well known by the OPP coming from Calabogie seen him stopped by them after Ted Powell race a few times,but hes loaded so fines dont bother him he told me last year.

Liked: 105

Quote Originally Posted by G.B. View Post
    I am not sure if this year’s F1200 calendar is set in stone yet, but I believe CASC is visiting Calabogie twice in 2015. Would the earlier weekend be a better bet?
    Guy, seems like the first MCO weekend has been set already. The 1200's, 1600's and Vintage will not be attending. But they are having a gentleman libre race for anyone that would like to attend?
    Noel Brigido
    Formula 1200 / FTDA

Quote Originally Posted by nbrigido View Post
    Guy, seems like the first MCO weekend has been set already. The 1200's, 1600's and Vintage will not be attending. But they are having a gentleman libre race for anyone that would like to attend?
    As far as I know, there will be a Formula Libre Club (Quebec sanctioned F Libre) run group that weekend. They do have a more relaxed approach towards things, but it's still full-on racing.
    I don't see it being a gentleman's race, as the schedule hasn't been finalized yet. And they only run evenings also...
    But you guys are always welcome to come up and race with the Libre guys.
    Ty Handke

HMST Inc.

Liked: 22

A ‘gentleman libre race,’ what’s that? There is rarely any racing in a libre race, just 20 minutes of lapping and now no women either?

Quote Originally Posted by G.B. View Post
    A ‘gentleman libre race,’ what’s that? There is rarely any racing in a libre race, just 20 minutes of lapping and now no women either?
    No, women can race to, and they've done quite well...
    In the evening/"Gentlemens" races, it's just point by/controlled passing. So it's pretty much a regular Libre race, without having to worry about a fast car dive-bombing you into a corner. They also don't require a licence, so it's a way for people to try racing, without spending the money on going to a school, only to figure out it's not for you.
    Last edited by Ty_Handke_83; 01.07.15 at 10:34 PM.
    Ty Handke

HMST Inc.

Thread Information