Liked: 12

Default F1000 Central Division?

Just curious and wondering if a 'Central' Division (Series) would hurt the existing 'East - West' series for participants for the F1000 Pro Series?

Doug
    Last edited by Gearslingr; 12.29.14 at 3:53 PM.

Liked: 702

Quote Originally Posted by Gearslingr View Post
    Just curious and wondering if a 'Central' Division (Series) would hurt the existing 'East - West' series for participants for the F1000 Pro Series?

Doug
    Maybe, maybe not.

Maybe because there just aren't that many cars in Cendiv to support another series.

Maybe not because I've found that a majority of the drivers run the races that are convenient, regardless of whether they're part of a series or not. This is just an economic reality.

As a point of clarification, the F1000 Pro Series hasn't existed since 2012, thankfully.
    Mike Beauchamp
    RF95 Prototype 2

www.gyrodynamics.net

Default Pro Series?

Gotcha on the Pro Series, so is it the USF1000 Series then http://www.usf1000.com/, or is that no longer valid?

Doug

Technically, it's the Hoosier Tire US Formula 1000 Championship.
    That is the correct website.
    Mike Beauchamp
    RF95 Prototype 2

www.gyrodynamics.net

Liked: 8

When is the 2015 Schedule being released.
    Jason Bell
    STOHR 2013
    F1000
    f1000bwracing@highwaysystemsinc.com

We're still working out some details but hope to be able to announce it soon.
    Mike Beauchamp
    RF95 Prototype 2

www.gyrodynamics.net

Liked: 80

Doug -

Good thread. Those of us in between the Rockies and the Misisispippisipsipsisisisipppi are hurting for FB participation.

Barring any big shakeups with Mike announces the USF1000 schedule(s), my plan is to run Hastings at the end of June (be there!!), HPR beginning of July, and Pueblo end of July.

Jose Gerardo should be at the latter two of those, and I think the Kansas Speedway event earlier in the year.

Spranger sold his car and is out. Haven't heard from Dave Mirk to know his plans with his Phoenix.

I expect JRO will race out east in preparation for Runoffs, so we probably won't see him much locally.

How is your schedule looking?

Pretty grim for SCCA in our area these days.

-Jake

Heya Jake, well so far I'm planning on running the Div's in our area, and the Majors for our area as well.

I'm working on a Sponsor out of Denver (my old sponsor when I ran Super Late Models), I'll know late next month if that goes through.

Will be good to get the car out on the track... I'll hit up David and see what he's planning to do.

Doug
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CAM00799.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	78.6 KB 
ID:	50684  

Contributing Member
    Liked: 60

Jake come on down to the Hallett Major in April.

Liked: 0

I'm glad to race whatever schedule motivates Mike into giving us a Central championship! Don't we have something like 7 cars in CO and 8 or 9 if we include UT. We have cars just need some coordination to get us all out at the same time. Let me know what everyone decides and I am in.

Default FB Central Division Possibilities?

David, There is another Thread on this site with some good numbers of 'FB' car counts / Drivers in the US by each State

John Paul started this Great Thread "List of FB Drivers" back in Nov of 2012.

Obviously this changes quite often with cars being sold / bought. etc.

Hey John, do you need help with updating this? I'm unemployed currently and have some time on my hands to help out with this.

Doug
    Last edited by Gearslingr; 02.12.15 at 2:33 PM.

12. The following 3 users liked this post:

Default Central Div for Hoosier Pro F1000 Series?

O.K., since I've just started taking in the info for the National FB Drivers Roster (and it's still being updated) looks like we've got a good number of drivers located in the 'Central States', enough in comparison to equate to the West and East. Like Jake L. had mentioned previously... if we drew the division lines at the eastern side of the Rockies and the Misssissississippi we'd have enough drivers in this area to create the 'Central' Div. of the Pro Series. The East Coast has the best numbers by far.

Thoughts Gents?

Doug

Thread Information