Liked: 111

Default 80VD body panels

Looking for a few Body panels:

Does anyone out there have an 80 vd rear engine cover laying around? Or know of anyone who has the molds for it? I have talked to Simon at universal racing in the UK, but wanted to see if anyone had a used one laying around or knew of any molds in the US.

I would also be interested in the full body for an 81VD if someone has one of those hanging around.

contact me thru PM or at leadingedgeracing@yahoo.com

regards
    Robert Detrick
    Leading Edge Racing

unless i'm mistaken (which is possible), first pic is of the rear section 80VD, and second full 81VD

Contributing Member
    Liked: 471

As my fellow SCCBC competitor has an RF-81 and it looks just like your second pic...

...I'd say you're not mistaken.

Liked: 3

Default rf 80 bodywork

I can confirm the first photo is the same as my rf80,and I would also be interested in a source for bodywork here in the states as well!

Liked: 8

Default VD body parts

I have a nose mould for an early VD, what does the nose look like on that car ?
    http://preformresources.com/
    Dave Craddock

Quote Originally Posted by preform resources View Post
    I have a nose mould for an early VD, what does the nose look like on that car ?
    http://preformresources.com/
    Dave Craddock
    Dave,
    Here is a pic of the nose for this car.. But thankfully I have four of them right now.. only need the rear body right now, so if you know of a source that would be great..

Cheers,
    Bob

Contributing Member Tom Tipsword's Avatar
    Liked: 0

Default VD Body

In my frighteningly large collection of spares I have a VD81 body that's new and has never been mounted. It may take a village to get it to you, but I could make you a pretty good deal. If you're not interested in new, I have another that has been mounted/used. Send me a PM and I'll get back to you.

Default pm sent

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Tipsword View Post
    In my frighteningly large collection of spares I have a VD81 body that's new and has never been mounted. It may take a village to get it to you, but I could make you a pretty good deal. If you're not interested in new, I have another that has been mounted/used. Send me a PM and I'll get back to you.

PM sent. please email me..

leadingedgeracing@yahoo.com

Liked: 8

Default thanks !

Quote Originally Posted by helipilot04 View Post
    Dave,
    Here is a pic of the nose for this car.. But thankfully I have four of them right now.. only need the rear body right now, so if you know of a source that would be great..

Cheers,
    Bob
    Bob, yes that is the nose mould I have, it's been a long time hangin around our mould yard and I forgot what year it was, thanks again and good luck.
    Dave

Liked: 4

Default RF-81 top/ RF-82 nose

Bob,

Car is in my shop if you want to try 81 top and 82 nose
    Last edited by jpmacnicholl; 03.20.16 at 12:46 PM.
    Jim MacNicholl

Liked: 23

Clamshell rear covers are available. A bit more slippery.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Van Diemen RF 79 #? Van Deimen RF 78 #231

It's not how fast you go.
    It's how well you go fast.

Liked: 25

Will an RF80 nose fit an RF81?

Been looking for a brand new RF81 nose but havent been able to find someone in the states with a mold and the ability to produce a piece. If Preform Resources has an RF80 mold set I am sure they also have the ability to pop a nose from it and I could use it as a spare. Any thoughts?

Contributing Member Tom Tipsword's Avatar

Default 80VD body panels

Don't know for sure, but I doubt if the 80 and 81 noses mount the same, since the 81-up are rocker arm suspensions. Call Pennon Composites- they have all the noses.....

Hey guys, Just so you know, I purchased John's entire mould collection in 2012. I know he had the nose moulds for the 80-85 90-current. I have the 80 nose mould but the 81-85 moulds and many other moulds are still at his place. Due to the sheer volume of moulds (over 500) I was forced to gather only the ones I had orders in hand for. I am planning on going out to central NY in the early spring to collect the remaining moulds as I now have space to house all the remaining moulds.

So, if anyone needs an 80 nose I have that mould and can fab one up for you. In April or so I will have all the other moulds.

Thanks guys!

Steve Maxwell
    CCE Composites
    802-999-6930
    steve(at)ccecomposites(dot)com

Liked: 3

Default Van Dieman RF82 Body and Exhaust Wanted

I am also looking for body parts for a 1982 Van Dieman (RF82). I have attempted to contact Allan Opel at Pit Lane Services as he had stated that he had a couple noses for the RF 82. I have not been able to get a reply so wonder if he is still doing business. I have also emailed Universal Racing out of the UK to Simon but have have not heard back from him either. So I'm looking for a couple noses and the full body panels for RF82. I would appreciate if anyone has these parts for sale or has some leads on where to get them. Also looking for a RF82 exhaust header.

Jim Widrig
    Trout4fun@aol.com

Liked: 757

URS will get back to you - Simon is on holiday at the moment. I've bought a few things from the, in the last few weeks.

16. The following members LIKED this post:

Contributing Member
    Liked: 18

Default Looking for 82 VD nose

I also am looking for an 82 VD nose and body.. I may have an exhaust header.

Frank 248.563.4323

Thread Information