Liked: 0

Default Autodynamic or Nota

I picked up a couple of older vees, not sure who and when these cars were made, any help?. The blue one is from the 70s? the sanded one maybe 60s. I have only owned one Vee.... a zitler in the early 80s. Ya I know I need my head examined.

You think this is crazy....I have a funcup car coming.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vintage FV (1).JPG 
Views:	187 
Size:	155.0 KB 
ID:	50524   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	shifter.JPG 
Views:	147 
Size:	146.5 KB 
ID:	50525  

Liked: 113

The sanded one looks like it might be a Autodynamics MKI. It would have square tubing throughout and if original, the gas tank mounted drivers right, forward of the shifter.
    Chris Robson
    Accelerated Performance Coaching
    http://APCDriving.com

a little better pic of the blue Vee.... Links?

the sanded one does not have a roll bar... no signs it had one...

Name:	vintage FV (2).JPG 
Views:	157 
Size:	150.3 KB 
ID:	50526  

Amherst, New York but i left my heart in San Francisco
    Liked: 292

a couple of older vees.............

more like a potentially vintage equipe !

The sanded one sure looks like my Mk1 Autodynamics. Post a few pictures of the chassis without the body, and we could tell for sure.

Liked: 76

The sanded one is definitely an Autodynamics MkI or II 1964-65. The blue one probably a one off or older car with later bodywork.
    Butch
    butch deer

Liked: 4

Hard to know if it’s a Mk1 from the pictures, but as others have said it’s almost certainly an early Autodynamics. Body sure looks right, as does what looks to be an original 3 gauge instrument cluster mounted to the right of the steering wheel. (See attached pictures for ref.)

The earliest Autodynamics FV’s (Mk1) would have had a full rear tail originally, but that may well have been modified later to “partial” (Mk2) or “bobtail” (Mk3) style.

The first of these Mk1 cars were made with shorter trailing arms, with the mounting points aft of the plane of the roll bar/firewall. This was soon changed and the trailing arms were lengthened, mounting further forward, on the same plane as the roll bar/firewall. (See attached picture for examples.)

So if you have these shorter trailing arms and rear mounting points, then it’s most likely a Mk1 Autodynamics – and an early one at that.

Name:	ADGuages.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	265.4 KB 
ID:	51385   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ADGauges2.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	168.5 KB 
ID:	51386   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ADMount.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	200.0 KB 
ID:	51387  

Liked: 27

I restored a Zeitler that was raced in the NC and VA/DC region in the 80's. Maybe it was yours. Go to www.zeitlerformularacing.com and click on restoring my Zeitler link. Let me know if that was your car. Thanks

Liked: 11

Those were the two projects I was looking at picking up. Couldn't get the shipping worked out and just wasn't sure about it. They look better in your pictures then what I thought.

Good luck with them.

Liked: 27

Default Shipping

That was my problem too. How to ship 2 frames, 10 pieces of fiberglass bodies and several boxes of misc. parts. The shipper had to be willing to lift and carry everything as there was no front or rear suspension. I found someone to do it but the shipping was almost 3 times the cost of the cars. It was worth it though. They could have ended up at the scrap yard.

Thread Information