Liked: 105

Default How do WE Do it.

So I spent some time reading over all the posts trying to pull out all the different suggestions and ideas and put them all together. So here is what I have come up with, in point form. Please feel free to add anything or comment on errors. I don't think there is any right or wrong ideas. It will really depend what everyone can do with them.

1. Tell people we exist, seem to be one of the top points.
    2. Market the Class, in Different ways depending on your target Audience.
    3. Maintain Cost control
    4. Make it easier for new drivers to enter the class. (Information)
    5. Social Media
    6. Website
    7. Work with Other Regions / Classes
    8. Work with Organizing body.
    9. Get more people to the track. (Spectators)
    10. Investigate Pro/Large Events.
    11. Offer Test Days
    12. Sponsorship
    13. Show off the Cars at Shows and Events

But to all Nay-Sayers, based on all the feed back, it shows the the FV/F1200 is strong and passionate, There is NO reason we cannot make it work.
    Noel Brigido
    Formula 1200 / FTDA

Liked: 120

Default FV...the future

Full marks Noel for enthusiasm for F1200.

It's a very good, entry level class, to gain 'full size' open wheel experience.

True, some have by passed it with larger budgets. For others, to get on the 'big' circuit at Mosport, for example at reasonable cost, has been invaluable.

My opinion would be to not tinker with the concept too much. Promote it for what it represents. A cost effective entry point for anybody with open wheel goals.

Cheers and Merry Christmas to all Apexspeeders.

3. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 29

Default Traction

I think after reading all the posts lately we certainly are gaining traction in the subject of building the class. I like all the things Noel pointed out.

Time for action! Let's collectively start thinking about what resources we each can bring to any of the tasks he listed. Obviously different regions of the country will need to tweak their program to fit their own needs.

I'd like to form a group made up of representatives of different areas and start this process. Feel free to PM me if you are interested.
    Reinventing the world, one wheel at a time.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 83

This is an excellent idea, and timely. John

Liked: 105

Quote Originally Posted by Robins Ken View Post
    Full marks Noel for enthusiasm for F1200.

It's a very good, entry level class, to gain 'full size' open wheel experience.

True, some have by passed it with larger budgets. For others, to get on the 'big' circuit at Mosport, for example at reasonable cost, has been invaluable.

My opinion would be to not tinker with the concept too much. Promote it for what it represents. A cost effective entry point for anybody with open wheel goals.

Cheers and Merry Christmas to all Apexspeeders.
    Thank you, it goes to show if we all focus on what is infront of us, we can over come "some" of the issues.

I will say that we might be the entry level class, but we are a "Race Group". A group where many drivers stay for their time in racing. A group that many drivers come back to. FV/F1200 probably provides some of the most competitive racing experience in the world! Where the skill of the driver has a lot more to do with the outcome than how much $$$ was put into the car.

And we do it on some of the best tracks in the World!

It is now our job to tell the world!

2 Seasons ago, I remember one of the FF/F1600 team owners telling me, that they whole crew had gone to watch our last race of the weekend. A race where 4 cars basically crossed the line simultaneously, and there were 2 cars right behind them trying to squeeze through. They had never seen anything like it...They ran like crazy because they though car parts were going to go flying..

It is what we are and what we do..
    Noel Brigido
    Formula 1200 / FTDA

Liked: 29

Hopefully you're all on FB, send me a PM the best way to find you
    Reinventing the world, one wheel at a time.

Liked: 20

Anyone is more than welcome to view the website we have up in the north east to get ideas. This has worked very well for us.

I believe my contact info is on the site along with a few other key people in the Northeast and I'm sure all would be happy to chat and share what has and hasn't worked for us.

It really takes a group that is motivated to make it happen.

http://www.nefv.org
    Mark Filip

Liked: 304

The website is very good. You've been working hard and it shows.

Thread Information