Liked: 1

Default Bertils Engine Shop Antioch, Illinois/VanDyne Engineering

Is the Bertils Engine Shop in Antioch, Illinois still in operation? If so, is the quality of work still up to Bertils original standards? How about" Vandyne Engineering", the company that took over Drake Engineering? I have done a "Google" search for Vandyne and only came up with a history of the company. Appreciate any information and thanks for your time. Jerry

Liked: 1875

Bertil passed away a while back if my memory is not all screwy, so I doubt that his shop is still going.

Liked: 76

If you mean the Van Dyne turbo and Ed Van Dyne long ago SCCA racer and president of the MIT Sports Car Club. You can find out more here.

http://vandynesuperturbo.com/team.html
    Last edited by butch deer; 11.12.14 at 12:49 PM. Reason: new link
    butch deer

Liked: 210

Business's such as Bertils are often carried on by family or employees. But, I just called the phone number and no answer (disconnected). Not a good sign. Usually business's that are continuing try to keep the same number for continuity.
    CREW for Jeff 89 Reynard or Flag & Comm.

Contributing Member Steve Demeter's Avatar
    Liked: 909

IIRC Bertil retired and closed shop some time before his passing.

I know that the shop is not operational because Denny Sideri has to find a new engine builder as Bertil's shop is no longer operating.

Liked: 19

Default Van Dyne Engineering

If you're talking about Van Dyne Engineering in Huntington Beach, CA, I'm pretty sure they're still in business

We used them and their dyno for some endurance testing on a high altitude UAV engine we were testing a couple of years ago. They were still building midget motors for a couple of the West Coast guys, plus LOTS of cool vintage sprint car stuff hanging about in the shop. Fun place to hang out for a bit.

Stu was a great guy to work with.

Thread Information