Contributing Member
    Liked: 4

Default Williams Differential

With regard to the Williams WRD-CDD-1000 differential,what tripod housings are being used to bolt up to the drive flanges?

The locating diameter of the flange is 90.04mm (3.545"). All of the tripod housings seem to be 94mm diameter.

Thanks

Desmond

Liked: 273

Quote Originally Posted by DWickman View Post
    With regard to the Williams WRD-CDD-1000 differential,what tripod housings are being used to bolt up to the drive flanges?

The locating diameter of the flange is 90.04mm (3.545"). All of the tripod housings seem to be 94mm diameter.

Thanks

Desmond
    Desmond
    If you are indeed using a TRIPOD then you should be using a dedicated TRIPOD drive housing for that diff. They're lighter and less hassle to maintain.

I'm positive Williams has drives for the smaller Tripods, not sure about the larger ones.

I have a brand new set of the smaller drive housings that fit the Williams diff, I'd be willing to part with them.

As for that B.C.D. on the drive flange doesn't sound right to me. Probably a question for Williams to answer.
    Gary Hickman
    Edge Engineering Inc
    FB #76

Liked: 79

Desmond,

In the past we have machined the standard drive flanges to accept a regular F2000 style tripod joint, we have a set here, if you want to swap them out it is no problem. Alternatively, the mod is relatively simple, the outer lip is removed to make the flange a flat face, and 3 additional M8 holes are drilled and tapped into the flange for the additional bolts.

As Gary mentioned we do have dedicated joints for the smaller FSAE style tripods but I would personally stick with the larger size for an F1000 car.

Lee
    Williams Racing Developments Inc
    704 658 0940 www.willrace.com

WE HAVE MOVED...... 503 Performance Road, Mooresville, NC, 28115

Contributing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ghickman View Post
    Desmond
    If you are indeed using a TRIPOD then you should be using a dedicated TRIPOD drive housing for that diff. They're lighter and less hassle to maintain.

I'm positive Williams has drives for the smaller Tripods, not sure about the larger ones.

I have a brand new set of the smaller drive housings that fit the Williams diff, I'd be willing to part with them.

As for that B.C.D. on the drive flange doesn't sound right to me. Probably a question for Williams to answer.
    Thanks for your response Gary, I will keep them in mind.

The locating diameter of the flange is 90.04mm with a B.C.D. of 78mm.

Contributing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WRD View Post
    Desmond,

In the past we have machined the standard drive flanges to accept a regular F2000 style tripod joint, we have a set here, if you want to swap them out it is no problem. Alternatively, the mod is relatively simple, the outer lip is removed to make the flange a flat face, and 3 additional M8 holes are drilled and tapped into the flange for the additional bolts.

As Gary mentioned we do have dedicated joints for the smaller FSAE style tripods but I would personally stick with the larger size for an F1000 car.

Lee
    Thanks for your response Lee.

I was thinking of machining the drive flanges to accept the larger tripod housing as you have suggested, but I thought there might be housings that fit the drive flange without modification.

Thread Information