Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked: 157

Quote Originally Posted by Rolling Stone View Post
    Red Bull were way behind in testing at start of season....guess what?they came second in the constructors championship by developing the car during the race season.
    You're going to seriously argue that at any given race this year Red Bull (or any other non-Mercedes powered team) had a reasonable chance to win? Was it just coincidence that at most every race this year 6 of the fastest cars were Mercedes powered, particularly in qualifying? You think the engine freeze didnt affect the competitiveness of non-Mercedes cars this year?

Contributing Member Ty_Handke_83's Avatar
    Liked: 18

Red Bull were way behind in testing at start of season....guess what?they came second in the constructors championship by developing the car during the race season.
    Red Bull have had the best car/chassis for the past 5-6 years...
    Their issues at the beginning of the year were pretty much all power unit based.
    They were able to improve the electrical/non-engine parts throughout the season which helped the cars be more driveable. Not having the ability to develop the huge lump of metal putting out substantially less power is the issue.
    So yes, they could do some development work, and were successful, but the main problem can't be fixed under the current regulations.
    Ty Handke

HMST Inc.

Liked: 36

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Valet View Post
    You're going to seriously argue that at any given race this year Red Bull (or any other non-Mercedes powered team) had a reasonable chance to win? Was it just coincidence that at most every race this year 6 of the fastest cars were Mercedes powered, particularly in qualifying? You think the engine freeze didnt affect the competitiveness of non-Mercedes cars this year?
    So Mercedes got it right..from the start,Renault and Ferrari didnt,it could have been the other way around,we will see what Honda does in 2015,also it was nice to see RED BULL not winning everything yet again,makes each season different my big surprise was how Vettel struggled so much I wasnt expecting that,as I didnt expect Riccardio to do so well in his first season with RB thats why I love F1 still.

Liked: 210

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Carter View Post
    Agreed. The car and team means more than everything in today's F1. Look at what Hamilton couldn't do in a bad McLaren and put him in a dominant car....
    Of course that's true. You guys do realize the drivers make NOTHING for winning a race. No prize money.. nothing. The same is true of the Drivers Championship... ZERO DENARO
    CREW for Jeff 89 Reynard or Flag & Comm.

Liked: 1417

Quote Originally Posted by rickb99 View Post
    Of course that's true. You guys do realize the drivers make NOTHING for winning a race. No prize money.. nothing. The same is true of the Drivers Championship... ZERO DENARO
    Aaaaaaaand, your point is?

Liked: 17

I wander what they are saying?any "quotes" from you guys

"
    Hey Putin, Kudos on the Flag Girls!!! I'm personally going for 2 of them."

Liked: 107

Quote Originally Posted by Neil_Roberts View Post
    Coming from the engineer's perspective, I would like to see a series with only one performance limit: 1 liter of displacement. Everything else is fair game.

Liter Libre

Just imagine the weirdness and innovation that would result.
    yup - ive always said F1 should move to an efficiency formula to be relevant.... but that formula should be "120 (or whatever) liters of fuel, you figure out what drivetrain gets you to the finish line first with that...." car going too fast? cut the fuel back a few liters.. cars not going fast enough. add fuel. boom done.

the only thing id like to see "spec" and "frozen" is aero. seriously while "interesting" - i just do not care about F1 aero tidily bits.
    BT29-24 Swift DB1 Matra M530

Liked: 39

Quote Originally Posted by fitfan View Post
    yup - ive always said F1 should move to an efficiency formula to be relevant.... but that formula should be "120 (or whatever) liters of fuel, you figure out what drivetrain gets you to the finish line first with that...." car going too fast? cut the fuel back a few liters.. cars not going fast enough. add fuel. boom done.

the only thing id like to see "spec" and "frozen" is aero. seriously while "interesting" - i just do not care about F1 aero tidily bits.
    Great idea!!! I think that would be wildly entertaining. Change the amount of fuel allowed at each track accordingly, and the teams will have to strategize more every weekend. Would make for exciting finishes. Do you go allout at the beginning to get clear of everyone or hang back for the end?? It would make passing way easier too.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 2

Coming from strictly a "racefan", point of view, I couldn't care less about "road car relevance". I want 1,500 HP with enough fuel to use it all!

Liked: 210

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Williamson View Post
    Coming from strictly a "racefan", point of view, I couldn't care less about "road car relevance". I want 1,500 HP with enough fuel to use it all!
    Geez, Frank, that's the whole idea of racing, isn't it Drag racing has figured it out, 10,000 Horsepower and looking for MORE!
    CREW for Jeff 89 Reynard or Flag & Comm.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information