Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Liked: 56

Quote Originally Posted by Hardingfv32 View Post
    Exactly how many new FV competitors have been created from the NE efforts? Competitors that are doing 3-4 races a year.

Brian
    Good question Brian...

Last year we had 5 FV's attend driver's school. One was attracted by the website (He raced 7-9 race weekends). One was drunk at Christmas and decided it would be a good idea to buy the car he searched on the web (he raced 6-7 weekends). One purchased a car with his son and raced 3-4 weekends (his son went to driver's school in 2013 and raced 3-5 weekends in 2014). One broke his engine at driver's school and spent the rest of the year rebuilding but came back for the OWDE (he is now signed off and has gone to another test day or two). The fifth lives in southern NJ and we haven't seen much of him.
    Gain of 3 competitors for 2014 and 1 for 2015.

The OWDE attracted 10 drivers. 2 have already purchased cars. One has experience in autocross and called a contact from our website to find out more about the class. The second is a friend of the "drunk guy" from above and has crewed all year for him. A third has an account set aside for his "FV fund" and is excited to join us in the near future. A fourth raced GP for years and was testing the FV waters-he is a maybe. A son of one of the current FV driver's walked away from the event hoping to get back in the car next year.
    Gain of 2 sure bets with 3 maybe's.

We'll continue to attend car shows this winter and promote our website. As with any good business it really comes down to having a good product and sound promotion. As they say in marketing "Half the money I spend on marketing is wasted; the trouble is I don't know which half."

So to answer your question Brian, we gained 3 solid competitors this past summer, and hope to gain an additional 2-3 this upcoming summer with the potential for more. Is it a net gain or loss, who knows, but at least they have brought cars out of garages and barns, gave all of us in the northeast better competition, and allowed us to keep our own run group.

2. The following 3 users liked this post:

Liked: 41

well as a newbie here and to the fv world.I spent last season working with a friend how had come to road racing for the first time from offroad motorcycle enduro's I had not wrenched on a racecar in a decade. Needless to say this started an itch that needed to be scratched.
    I did the Open Wheel Driving Experience that was mentioned earlier. I am now a fv Owner and will be joining the group in the New England region. The most impressive thing about this group is there amazing willing to help. as an former circle track drive and long time crew member that is not the case it was a world of secrets and misleading to get an edge .
    it was a real eye opening to how this group helps anyone in trouble or willing to help new people by teaching. I am unsure about other areas but this group the NER has learned to help drivers get up to speed and enjoy the competition on the track. I think I am one of at least 3 new drivers I believe to be joining the ranks in the New England area. it will be a long winter waiting to get back on the track.

4. The following 2 users liked this post:

Liked: 41

Thanks Nick!! Lmao!! You Have to admit he couldn't have bought himself a better Christmas present!!

Liked: 51

Default Me for one.

Exactly how many new FV competitors have been created from the NE efforts? Competitors that are doing 3-4 races a year.

Brian
    Me for one and enjoyed my first race with them drivers at Watkins Glen few weeks ago....two next year as I'm sponsoring my son in law. Was mighty impressed by their efforts and in the process of buying another vee(Bill Vallis working on it) Will have the two Vees and a water cooled Vee(raced it to much don't want to sell it) in my garage sooooon.
    Last edited by Johan W; 11.11.14 at 11:06 PM.

Default Maybe just maybe every little helps....just for Brian

Brian
    Brian

Yes we all know what Vee memories can bring
    Now some might tell me I'm over sentimental
    Hearing the engine noise makes my heart sing
    Greg and the judges are way too judgemental

No mercy just one more race I want to live out
    Out there's so much of life to live...to do or die
    Whether it's the Glen or Canada just go about
    Kido's are growing up and all changed I can't lie

Brian there's just one act no room for your pains
    Crush me like a flower but enjoy racing harmony
    Your bitter heart is pumping more oil in my veins
    All your sticks and stones needs heavy armoury

Nearly time for breakfast with eggs and toast
    A new day take part and enjoy don't be blind
    Brave attempt to be the next Carmody roast
    Can you see your writing's on the wall of you mind

Liked: 36

Hes a poet
    and he doesnt know it

Liked: 67

I think autocross is a great place to start promoting. I brought my new vee to the last 2 events and it attracted tons and tons of attention. Only a couple of people had a clue about what it was. But long story short it got a lot of people asking about it and I got to tell them how it is a purpose made race car that can race scca for a lot less then you think. More then a few that i talked to wanted to get into club racing but havnt for various reasons. I even had two different people sit in the car.
    I think most autocross drivers want to race wheel to wheel but might not know where to start. I'm completely new to vee and racing since I havnt even got my comp license yet and I'll tell you I wanted to race for a long time and found autocross is a easy cheap way to at least drive hard against others.
    Maybe you should get a good group of vee drivers to all join a local auto x event. At very least you'll all get to race each other for short money. At most maybe you'll convince a guy like me that he CAN club race on a shoe string budget.
    Speaking of that who wants to do that this upcoming summer here in new England?
    I ran with the sports car club of new Hampshire. http://www.sccnh.org/autocross.html
    I'll call ahead and arrange a "Vee day" and maybe get a formula one style wreath and bottle of the finest $2.00 champagne for fastest time. We can get some pics for the website... Maybe have interested parties drive a car.

10. The following 3 users liked this post:

Liked: 36

Quote Originally Posted by mikehinkle View Post
    I think autocross is a great place to start promoting. I brought my new vee to the last 2 events and it attracted tons and tons of attention. ""ONLY A COUPLE OF PEOPLE"" had a clue about what it was. But long story short it got a lot of people asking about it and I got to tell them how it is a purpose made race car that can race scca for a lot less then you think. More then a few that i talked to wanted to get into club racing but havnt for various reasons. I even had two different people sit in the car.
    I think most autocross drivers want to race wheel to wheel but might not know where to start. I'm completely new to vee and racing since I havnt even got my comp license yet and I'll tell you I wanted to race for a long time and found autocross is a easy cheap way to at least drive hard against others.
    Maybe you should get a good group of vee drivers to all join a local auto x event. At very least you'll all get to race each other for short money. At most maybe you'll convince a guy like me that he CAN club race on a shoe string budget.
    I ran with the sports car club of new Hampshire. http://www.sccnh.org/autocross.html
    I'll call ahead and arrange a "Vee day" and maybe get a formula one style wreath and bottle of the finest $2.00 champagne for fastest time. We can get some pics for the website... Maybe have interested parties drive a car.
    As I posted earlier "Only a couple of people had a clue what it was" FV/F1200 is an unknown entity to the majority,very difficult to promote 'Miracles I can do!the impossible takes longer"a guy with long hair and a beard said that i think

Liked: 304

I think Mike's idea is a good one. When I built my first Zink (1973), while waiting for a drivers school, I took it to an autocross in Charlotte just to be able to drive it. After reading Mike's post I remember it attracted a LOT of attention. Definitely the right crowd, and with several V's in attendance you never know...

Liked: 22

Default What do WE need to do...

What do WE need to do... "There has been a lot of posts about attracting new drivers, bringing old one's out, how to increase car counts. Everyone seems to have their own opinion, which is great.

What do WE need to do... "

Tag line.... what do Niki Lauda, Emerson Fittipaldi, Keke Rosberg and Nelson Piquet all have in common? THEY ALL RACED A FORMULA VEE!

You need to do GOOD marketing to promote the class... The NER group has done an amazing job. Besides setting up a great web page, they are a class act of guys.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 83

Quote Originally Posted by mikehinkle View Post
    SNIP...
    I think this is a fantastic idea. ajpastore mentioned an idea like this as well last year at one of our outings. John

Liked: 896

Default What do we need to do?

Get the teenagers interested or forget about it.
    Thanks ... Jay Novak
    313-445-4047
    On my 54th year as an SCCA member
    with a special thanks to every SCCA worker (NONE OF US WOULD RACE WITHOUT THE WORKERS)

16. The following members LIKED this post:

dc

Liked: 20

Quote Originally Posted by Jnovak View Post
    Why so everyone will have to compete with the daddy with the most money? If FV was full of teenagers running on daddy's dollar I'll be the first one leaving....I played that game karting.
    Mark Filip

Liked: 174

We need to listen to those who are active in FV or have the best interests of the class in mind.
    The rest of those who love take potshots or make snide remarks can move on and disrupt another class etc......

Mark

88' Citation 002'

Liked: 896

My point was, how can you grow without younger racers? And I am 73.

Sorry to have interfered.
    Thanks ... Jay Novak
    313-445-4047
    On my 54th year as an SCCA member
    with a special thanks to every SCCA worker (NONE OF US WOULD RACE WITHOUT THE WORKERS)

Classifieds Super License racerdad2's Avatar
    Liked: 202

Jay has a valid point. You must attract the young kids, late teens to early twenties, along with the rest of us.

Over Forty years ago I was torn between racing & flying. The draw for FV was low entry cost, the engine lasted all season, as did the tires.

I decided to fly every weekend. I finally got back to that 19 year olds' dream of racing open wheel this year.

Hook the youngsters ! Get your cars out to Auto Cross. Kart tracks. Solo events. Car Cruises. And do what you can to keep FV entry level & attractive to all age groups.

I tried one on this fall. I may just get into one this next season. They're amazingly fast fun cars !
    "An analog man living in a digital world"

Contributing Member
    Liked: 83

In the years that I've been involved in FV, we've attracted people of all ages I think fairly uniformly, whether we did anything for promotion or not. Although, the past two years where we've been promoting in the NE as we have mentioned, perhaps the growth has been more on the younger end, not that we did anything to sway that. As Mark said, we'll welcome anyone.

I do agree that having a booth/setup at shows that karting folks attend definitely helps put us in front of a younger crowd - can't argue with that.

We might get a respectable draw of newcomers joining FV in the NE because we're out there, united, and active, and perhaps that might be a draw in itself coming across as a group people want to join and socialize with. John

Contributing Member
    Liked: 79

I suppose getting teenagers interested in amateur racing would be a good thing to do for any class and club racing in general. But it's certainly not the best or only way get more folks racing. And as Mark points out, their parents are the ones that would be footing the bill, so that means we need to convince them as well.

Some great ideas have been discussed and some of them have even been tried with reasonable success. Targeting the people that are already into cars and racing should be considered the "low hanging fruit". Further targeting of these fruits... should be the next step.

As Mike Hinkle discovered, some people that are already making a big effort to go "racing" are the autocrossers. Not just SCCA but there are numerous other clubs, BMW, Mustang, Porsche etc that draw a large group. These are gear heads, speed freaks and everyone of them would love to try racing. But a surprising amount of them don't even know club racing exists.

Then there is the ultimate in potential club racers, the people that do Track Days. These are hard core adrenaline junkies that have no problem risking balling up their daily driver. Which means many of them are capable financially to go racing. They are usually racing against the clock but get to chase down others and pass with a point by. They will often be showing up to the track Sunday evening just when you are leaving after a weekend of racing. Which means they are used to taking a day off, usually during the week because they often run on weekdays. There are more clubs and groups doing these track days than ever. If these clubs didn't exist, maybe more of these people would end up club racing but they are able to get their thrills and have fun. But a surprising amount of them don't even know club racing exists.

So here are two large groups of gear heads, that don't even know what the SCCA is. Why? We need to get to these people first. I know I said I was going to an autocross this year and didn't...but Mike went and had a positive experience, so lets all plan one for next year. OK? Mike is buying the champagne.....

Next, there is the group of potential racers that don't even Autocross or do Track Days but they are spectators. Here is where I feel the SCCA, our club, could really help. With a little financial and design support for flyers, radio promotion and newspaper space and of course by allowing spectators at all events capable of supporting it.

"Sports Car Racing all day Saturday and Sunday-sunday-sunday....kids free, adults $10.00, bring a picnic lunch and thrill to the sights and sounds of high speed ROAD racing action in the beautiful hills of Lime Rock or Mid Ohio or whatever"

Every weekend during the summer, in almost every state, the SCCA puts on a huge expensive party but never invites anyone to come. Why? Do the tracks not want it?

So anyway, after we get all the people joining the club and wanting to race, they'll look at every option from FV to GT1 and make whatever choice fits there budget, space, logistics and desires. Just like we all did all those years ago....and some of us more recently. My bet is plenty will come to FV, just as they have and still do now.

AP

P.S.
    Club racing isn't the only hobby to struggle finding new blood.
    I have heard from Pilots and Ham radio friends that they have the exact same discussions.
    Oh... and my Curling friends too.

23. The following 2 users liked this post:

Liked: 53

Jay that is a good point. You did not interfere. We are always worried about the "greying" of the club.

But I also have raced against the teenagers racing on daddy's money in ledgends and circle track. Race dads are sometimes worse than dance/pagent moms.

G.

My point was, how can you grow without younger racers? And I am 73.

Sorry to have interfered.
    G. Brian Metcalf
    72 AutoD MK4
    1991 Mysterian M2
    2014 ALR73 FV/FST

Classifieds Super License Matt Clark's Avatar
    Liked: 356

For the record, I do not think getting the teenagers interested is a bad thing. My dad got me interested in FV when I was a teen, and I would bug Ray Carmody at the track even way back then at age 15. Ray would let me sit in his car & would talk to us every race we went to. Ironically, that car is now the one my Dad owns. Now I am 31 & after running a few years, I am reasonably competitive thanks to those 2.

(Side note- Because I know how much it affected me, I have let almost anyone who showed interest sit in the car over the years, especially kids at hill climbs when I ran them. Be sure to disarm the fire bottle first. Nothing kids like more than big shiny red buttons.)

Don't confuse interested teens with rich kids who Daddy thinks is the next F1 World Champ. They aren't looking at FV anyway. Interested teens are the people who will be saving & looking to race with us when they can afford it.
    ~Matt Clark | RTJ-02 FV #92 | My YouTube Onboard Videos (helmet cam)

Liked: 4

Default Things in common

Quote Originally Posted by veefan View Post

Tag line.... what do Niki Lauda, Emerson Fittipaldi, Keke Rosberg and Nelson Piquet all have in common? THEY ALL RACED A FORMULA VEE!
    The other thing they have in common is that they all stopped racing a long time ago.

Paul

In regards to younger FV drivers, we have:

Brian Farnham age 23
    Trevor Carmody 19/20?
    Laura Hayes 23/24?
    Chris Elwell Mid-20's
    Jack Maloney Mid-20's
    Trevor Miller Mid-20's?
    Matt Clark 31
    Alex Bertolucci Mid-20's (Michigan)
    ____ Dietz 16- purchased Citation this summer from Ohio..

I'm sure I've missed several others, but this is a good start! I also had an interested
    younger man (early 30's) sit in my car at the ARRC, and speak with Steven Davis who
    was very serious about getting into FV's, so there is hope for the future.

Mark

88' Citation 002'
    Last edited by Amon; 11.13.14 at 12:18 PM.

Liked: 2

I raced a FV in the mid-80's. I was a kid then. It was a great compromise between having an all-out purpose built race car and money spent. (I worked at a $10/hour job).

I feel that the experience helped me understand driving dynamics in a short period of time. I was then able to concentrate on getting the most out of the car and myself. Momentum is a very important thing in a Vee as we all know. The next thing for people (not here, people in general) to realize is that to be driven well all cars are momentum cars. To think that they're not makes people a problem on the race track.

I think it's important to get the cars to car shows at the mall, the big car shows at the local convention center, car shows on Friday nights at the Pizza joint, wherever you can get them seen.

Every time you go to one of those shows there are circle track and drag cars there. Somebody is looking at them and wishing that they could do that. Add the Vee to the list of cars that they can aspire to.

While no racing is cheap, Vee offers a pretty good bang for the buck. When I raced I did not have a Noble or Palermo and it limited my ability to fight for the "win" but I always learned something and got faster each week.

I went to the 25th Anniversary of the Vee with the guy who owned the car and learned a bunch more (I crewed, he and his girlfriend race).

I think the best way to attract new people to the class whether they are kids, middle-aged guys that have medium money or "old" guys that just want to re-live their childhood dreams is to get the cars out where people can see them. A Vee is good because you don't have to spend $50K on a trailering outfit, I love the picture of the Jetta towing the racecar. It's good because you don't have to put new tires on it every session (as has been noted above), it's good because it doesn't require weekly engine rebuilds, it's good because it doesn't require 40 hours of race prep or maintenance or whatever you want to call it between meets. Keep that list of talking points, along with a realistic budget for the conversation and work at recruiting guys as opposed to just letting them look at the car and telling them about it.

29. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 69

Social media is a great way to get the word out about how great it is to be a vee driver. A couple years ago I started a FaceBook page called - West Coast Formula Vees - just to show what a great class formula vee is. The Comrade amongst the vee drivers is awesome. I will always race a vee (vintage and modern) because I have a blast doing it! (most of the time) LOL

If racing was not fun we would not be doing this. Don't get me wrong, I am a very competitive person but we all have to keep reminding ourselvesf why we do this.

When I was running strictly vintage FV (My Caldwell) I too was going to lots of car shows to promote the vees. That was a great way also to meet new drivers and explain all the benefits that come with learning to race in a vee. The vintage group I was running with (VARA) was up to an average car count of 12-14 vees per race. We were doing big pot luck dinners and included all the family members in this just to make it even more fun. While my husband, Rudy got to do his thing, BBQ for all.

When I made the change to racing a modern vee with SCCA it was kind of culture shock for me. Also I had to swallow my ego many time as I was getting my behind handed to me. I put all that I could into that car I purchased, money and time but it might not have been enough to win but learned tremendously. I COMPLETED my first runoffs this year and can definitely say this, "I would not change a thing!" I have met the greatest people this past year and have made some really close friends. This would not be the case if I were not a vee driver.

Maybe some positive input about formula vee will also bring more drivers to join us and not scare them away.

I'm going to be a vee driver for life.

Kim Madrid
    FV 29

31. The following 2 users liked this post:

Contributing Member
    Liked: 290

1) 'Exactly how many new FV competitors have been created from the NE efforts? Competitors that are doing 3-4 races a year.' You have a program and you do not know how it is performing? Are you sure it is a good use of your time?

2) All young/teen drivers are associated with a racing parent. The parents can barely afford SCCA. No way todays kid with current high unemployment levels and low salaries is going to be able to afford SCCA. It is all they can do to own and operate a street car.

Get beyond all this FV babble you are posting and determine the age group and income levels that are going to be able to participate in SCCA Club Racing.

Brian

Contributing Member
    Liked: 79

1) 'Exactly how many new FV competitors have been created from the NE efforts? Competitors that are doing 3-4 races a year.' You have a program and you do not know how it is performing? Are you sure it is a good use of your time?

Get beyond all this FV babble you are posting and determine the age group and income levels that are going to be able to participate in SCCA Club Racing.

Brian

It's difficult to quantify the results of our efforts. Having a web presence dedicated to the region has probably done the most to help get people to talk to us directly so we can more easily help them get a car, get them into the track so they can hang out with us and discuss what they are able/willing to do. We can't pin point any one process that convinces people to go racing.

It may be babble to you but we are all trying to discuss some methods of making the whole process more visible to the masses.

It has already been determined that there is no specific age group and income levels to target.

2) All young/teen drivers are associated with a racing parent. The parents can barely afford SCCA. No way todays kid with current high unemployment levels and low salaries is going to be able to afford SCCA. It is all they can do to own and operate a street car.

Brian
    New England Regionals generally have a field of 20 Vees, with drivers’ right across the age spectrum. Currently, it has to be the strongest regional Vee series in the North America.

So they must be doing something right.
    Guy.

35. The following 5 users liked this post:

Quote Originally Posted by G.B. View Post
    New England Regionals generally have a field of 20 Vees, with drivers’ right across the age spectrum. Currently, it has to be the strongest regional Vee series in the North America.

So they must be doing something right.
    Guy.
    For one they attracted the Canadians with the change in tyres etc. More affordable and fun added to their events another gr8 step in the right direction.

Brian,

Why don't you just move onto another class of cars since you seem to bring nothing but a negative perspective about nearly everything that's FV related. You're so predicable with
    your leading questions and when many are trying to make positive change in the class,
    you're becoming nothing but a black cloud. The old saying "If you having nothing good to say,
    then don't say it " should become your motto.

Mark

88' Citation 002'

38. The following 4 users liked this post:

1) 'Exactly how many new FV competitors have been created from the NE efforts?
    Effort versus no effort......I choose the latter.

You have a program and you do not know how it is performing? Are you sure it is a good use of your time?
    Should they just wait until there's nothing left to salvage, no-one left to blame? As an outsider visiting them at Watkins Glen the first time few weeks ago it seems to be working very well.

While the whole spectator aspect were removed from racing it's inevitable that future racers will be from within...family, friends or kids.
    As per cost....some may be able to afford a bicycle, others lean on their dads for a helping hand to get into a vee. In my case I have a son in law that needs a helping hand
    getting into a vee for next season. My daughter that raced go-karts and water cooled vees can afford to race comfortably and will do a few races next year.

Babbling is way better then some comments that's soooo negative and against absolutely everything....or should we all become complacent and become the king of cowards and left it for some to become the queens of pain and complain?

Brian
    ps. I don't want to be shackled in a Vee graveyard left to decay.

Liked: 24

Since ApexsSpeed FV forum is a public main/relevant source of current FV information, posters should consider how negative comments might affect future FV driver's decision to race modern or vintage Vees.
    Last edited by crypt0zink; 11.13.14 at 11:21 PM.

41. The following 3 users liked this post:

Liked: 20

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Clark View Post
    For the record, I do not think getting the teenagers interested is a bad thing. My dad got me interested in FV when I was a teen, and I would bug Ray Carmody at the track even way back then at age 15. Ray would let me sit in his car & would talk to us every race we went to. Ironically, that car is now the one my Dad owns. Now I am 31 & after running a few years, I am reasonably competitive thanks to those 2.

(Side note- Because I know how much it affected me, I have let almost anyone who showed interest sit in the car over the years, especially kids at hill climbs when I ran them. Be sure to disarm the fire bottle first. Nothing kids like more than big shiny red buttons.)

Don't confuse interested teens with rich kids who Daddy thinks is the next F1 World Champ. They aren't looking at FV anyway. Interested teens are the people who will be saving & looking to race with us when they can afford it.

Matt there will always be a select few like yourself that get started young from being around FV or the race track and that's great and we should never turn anyone away. My statement about teens with daddy's money is different. If you target "teenagers" and I hope everyone can agree that's 13-19 years old we will have a bunch of drivers with no jobs counting on daddy to live his childhood dream through his kid and spend what ever he has. I've been there and seen it happen many times. I run FV because most of the drivers are mid 20s and up, they are living on their own and have jobs like most of us. Most teens getting banked by daddy will be in FV for a year or 2 then they will move on to F1 until money drys up.

Target should be anyone that wants to race period.
    Mark Filip

Liked: 105

Why do we need a specific age group or audience?

Yes, racing is not the cheapest form of sports or entertainment, but neither is golf, if you count all the rounds you play in a season and the equipment you buy. Not everyone can afford to race, but there are people that can and will.

There have been some great ideas from everyone. The comments back and forth have, for the most part been positive and helpful.

Web Promotion
    Autocross Days
    Car Shows

For the most part all these ideas were done on"Good Will", I honestly don't think anyone assumes we just show up on a weekend, and expect our own race group, regardless of the situation. OF course, there will always be those that "don't want change" "want things left alone"

At the end of the day it takes time, effort and dedication to make all these things happen. It looks like the results are paying off.

Congratulations for not sitting back and expecting things to happen.
    Noel Brigido
    Formula 1200 / FTDA

Brian
    Really don't understand the point you are trying to make here?

There is an effort being put out there to drive awareness for VEE/1200, an effort that will help everyone in every region, So how could it not be a good use of time? especially since most everyone here does not get compensated for their efforts (unless i am missing something here).

Generalizing all young and teen potential drivers has no merit? I will agree, not all of them can afford it, but that is not for us to determine. There is a great pool of potential drivers coming out of karting every year as well older racers that have been racing karts for many years.

How about attracting more female drivers to the sport???

So let me ask...

What ideas do you have to bring to the table that would help attract new drivers or awareness to the series.

BTW our race group had a 16 year old and 65 year old drivers on the track at the same time. pretty good audience for me...
    Noel Brigido
    Formula 1200 / FTDA

The 1600's took it to a another level, and promoted (awarded) the opportunity to drive a car..Targeted specifically at Karters. They are trying to attract the same driver our series is, but doing a better job of it.

http://canadiankartingnews.com/karts...tion-open-now/

BTW, The sanctioning body is involved......
    Noel Brigido
    Formula 1200 / FTDA

Liked: 26

I'll mention it again, finding a home for formula cars in track day organizations would be a great step. I can certainly run my Miata in them, and given the right group I'd be willing to take at least some sports racers out. A Vee though, on track with a Mustang? I'm not really excited to take that risk on. While it's a nice thought that I'd race exclusively, I can get a lot of local track time cheap (Thunderhill and Buttonwillow). I have no idea how you do it, but it'd be pretty nice to have that option.

Quote Originally Posted by Johan W View Post
    For one they attracted the Canadians with the change in tyres etc. More affordable and fun added to their events another gr8 step in the right direction.

New England hasn’t changed tires. I was just the Vee Challenge series that experimented with the Falkens.

Liked: 53

Noel said "Why do we need a specific age group or audience?"
    Exactly! I'm new and I'll be 56 in five days. I love formula Vee. Always will.

G.
    G. Brian Metcalf
    72 AutoD MK4
    1991 Mysterian M2
    2014 ALR73 FV/FST

Quote Originally Posted by nbrigido View Post
    The 1600's took it to a another level, and promoted (awarded) the opportunity to drive a car..Targeted specifically at Karters. They are trying to attract the same driver our series is, but doing a better job of it.

http://canadiankartingnews.com/karts...tion-open-now/

BTW, The sanctioning body is involved......
    Noel,

When you say 1600, you mean Formula Ford / Formula F or F1600 as it is known in Ontario, not Formula First (FST).

Unfortunately, in Ontario F1200 (FV) finds itself competing in the open-wheel market for new drivers with a very strong Formula Ford series. In my experience elsewhere in North America Formula Ford is nowhere near as strong at regional level. In New England for example it is almost non-existent.

Guy.

Quote Originally Posted by G.B. View Post
    Noel,

When you say 1600, you mean Formula Ford / Formula F or F1600 as it is known in Ontario, not Formula First (FST).

Unfortunately, in Ontario F1200 (FV) finds itself competing in the open-wheel market for new drivers with a very strong Formula Ford series. In my experience elsewhere in North America Formula Ford is nowhere near as strong at regional level. In New England for example it is almost non-existent.

Guy.
    Correct, I did mean F1600 (formula ford).
    Noel Brigido
    Formula 1200 / FTDA

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information